Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Away Support if we go up "

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:40 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:as soon as cardiff city are part of the premier league believe you me every football fan in wales will wanna know. we'v got the biggest potential for support anywhere in the UK , because we represent wales , ireland and scotland if we become a non english side playing in the premier league alot of celt minded fans will Root for cardiff all across britain

I personally think if we held 40,000 and were in the Premier we would get at least 10 games with a full capacity.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:
ccfc_cotta wrote:as soon as cardiff city are part of the premier league believe you me every football fan in wales will wanna know. we'v got the biggest potential for support anywhere in the UK , because we represent wales , ireland and scotland if we become a non english side playing in the premier league alot of celt minded fans will Root for cardiff all across britain

I personally think if we held 40,000 and were in the Premier we would get at least 10 games with a full capacity.

That would be amazing. Didnt the Malaysians say that work could begin this summer on the extra tier IF we get promoted. That coupled with the moving of some fans from the Ninian to Canton could provoke a pretty shite experience for us with a historically incompetent ticket office considering they'd need to shave the back 10 rows of the existing stand to do it. I wouldnt look forward to dealing with them on that or indeed anything outside of the norm! :D however you'd take it all day if it meant we're a Prem team wouldnt we!!! :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:55 am

JonScam wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That would be amazing. Didnt the Malaysians say that work could begin this summer on the extra tier IF we get promoted. That coupled with the moving of some fans from the Ninian to Canton could provoke a pretty shite experience for us with a historically incompetent ticket office considering they'd need to shave the back 10 rows of the existing stand to do it. I wouldnt look forward to dealing with them on that or indeed anything outside of the norm! :D however you'd take it all day if it meant we're a Prem team wouldnt we!!! :ayatollah:

Yes Jon, they say they can increase our capacity to 35,000 with in 3 months :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Now to me this is an interesting Topic.

Sorry to sound Negative in what I am about to say but its True.

IF WE GO UP .

We will get More Premier Seat Holders, Prob Sell out. Proper Glory Hunters in My Opinion. We struggle to sell these seats at the moment. 900 out of 2,500 Sold.

They Will get Priority on All Away Tickets and at the moment they are Allowed 2 each for every Premier Member, but hardly any of them go to Say Millwall/Hull/Sheff Utd/Scunthorpe etc etc.

So this is when the Loyal Cardiff City will get pushed out and miss out on his Dreams to Old Trafford/Goodison Park/etc etc
Some Premier Teams give as little as 1,500, others give 3,000, But you can be Sure these Premier Members will be going to these places.
The Loyal fan will be Ok when it comes to Bolton/Blackburn/Sunderland/Wigan etc.

I Hope the Club change their policy but I doubt it.

Sorry Annis, but can't agree with you that all these Premier Club seat holders will be Plastics. I reckon if we got promoted that the majority of Premier seats would be bought by current Grand stand season ticket holders who have the resources to up grade. Yes we will attract an element of never before been to a game corporate supporters, but a lot of the supporters who are already season ticket holders have their own business's etc and will simply see it as value for money to upgrade.
I reckon that the Premier seat holders won't be interested in most away games and will pass them on to other supporters anyway. The club should certainly reduce the allocation to one ticket per Premier member, or at least to those new members, who take premier seats, should we get promoted.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Now to me this is an interesting Topic.

Sorry to sound Negative in what I am about to say but its True.

IF WE GO UP .

We will get More Premier Seat Holders, Prob Sell out. Proper Glory Hunters in My Opinion. We struggle to sell these seats at the moment. 900 out of 2,500 Sold.

They Will get Priority on All Away Tickets and at the moment they are Allowed 2 each for every Premier Member, but hardly any of them go to Say Millwall/Hull/Sheff Utd/Scunthorpe etc etc.

So this is when the Loyal Cardiff City will get pushed out and miss out on his Dreams to Old Trafford/Goodison Park/etc etc
Some Premier Teams give as little as 1,500, others give 3,000, But you can be Sure these Premier Members will be going to these places.
The Loyal fan will be Ok when it comes to Bolton/Blackburn/Sunderland/Wigan etc.

I Hope the Club change their policy but I doubt it.

Sorry Annis, but can't agree with you that all these Premier Club seat holders will be Plastics. I reckon if we got promoted that the majority of Premier seats would be bought by current Grand stand season ticket holders who have the resources to up grade. Yes we will attract an element of never before been to a game corporate supporters, but a lot of the supporters who are already season ticket holders have their own business's etc and will simply see it as value for money to upgrade.
I reckon that the Premier seat holders won't be interested in most away games and will pass them on to other supporters anyway. The club should certainly reduce the allocation to one ticket per Premier member, or at least to those new members, who take premier seats, should we get promoted.

My wife and I are premier club members and I agree that we should only get 1 ticket each.
Its a chunk of my net pay but I love Cardiff and have supported them since 1966.
You also need to differentiate between Level 4 and level 3 premier members.
Leval 4 are mostly if not all true fans.( Many of them Grandstand upgrades)
Level 3 are Corporate and I will make no futher comment about this level.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis' just book me in for every away game on ya bus Mate promotion or not, I'd appreciate that. :D

Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:59 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis' just book me in for every away game on ya bus Mate promotion or not, I'd appreciate that. :D

:lol:

Your Always Welcome :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Our Forum Bus will be Guaranteed at least 50 Tickets to every Away game as its affiliated to Our Club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:28 am

Good topic :ayatollah: :ayatollah: