Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Time for Darcy to be given a run methinks!

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Hes a bluebird at heart, a battler, NEVER bottles a tackle and up for the FIGHT. Be it right back, centre back or my preference a defensive midfielder. Break up these lesser teams that somehow seem to have all the midfield posession :?

Not just Jay that needs tweaking,something needs to be altered, as bad a seven days since the Preston/Ipswich/Wednesday debacle of a couple of seasons ago.

Come on City
FFFFIIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHTTTTTT!!!!
:ayatollah:

Re: Time for Darcy to be given a run methinks!

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:33 pm

although i like darcy for me his use is just to cover for injuries,dont rate him higher than quinn or mcnaughton but if e were struggling in mdfield he wuld get the nod over gavin rae :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:35 pm

caerblue wrote:although i like darcy for me his use is just to cover for injuries,dont rate him higher than quinn or mcnaughton but if e were struggling in mdfield he wuld get the nod over gavin rae :ayatollah:

Anyone would get the nod over rae :lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:19 pm

Blake has been useless when used this season, yes he will tackle but then most likely give the ball away. I was starting to think he was colour blind as he rarely found a blue shirt

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:23 pm

Sorry Darcey is to inconsistent. His performances this season are well short of what they should be or what he is capaple of :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:26 pm

no,no,no,he is a soap dogder,keep him on the bench,he was driving off 10 mins after end of ipswich game :o :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:50 pm

we have a powderpuff midfield that needs fight, bite and a bit of muscle, we currently have mcphail and whittingham, nuff said.

just considering alternatives, seems Darcy isnt well liked by many here, off field problems aside he was very good with Gerard at CB last season and was just as good against the Jacks at the Liberty. Oli has been poor for a coupe of months now, so just considering options which also give us Mr.Rae, we are not looking to clever in there, as i said lesser teams are dominating centre midfield this should not be happening, when we have the ball its slow, innefective and predictable no wonder the front four are off colour

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:53 pm

m

Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:00 am

tangledupinblue wrote:
Oli has been poor for a coupe of months now,

Sorry acn't agree with that, whilst Oli did have a poor December and first half of Jan he has been excellent since. Even when playing badly he's got more to offer than Blake in midfield.

I would suggest Blake's best position is CB where he can get away with his dreadful distribution but I'm not sure many would put him in before Hudson and Keinan.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:52 am

I think a bit of destruction in midfield in Oli's absence is what we need. I don't buy this 'he can't pass' notion that many seem to have. Have you seen Oli pass the ball? He struggles to find our men and often loses possession at least the same amount as Blake. McPhail and Whittingham aren't strong enough. They're good going forward but not defensively.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:04 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:
Oli has been poor for a coupe of months now,

Sorry acn't agree with that, whilst Oli did have a poor December and first half of Jan he has been excellent since. Even when playing badly he's got more to offer than Blake in midfield.

I would suggest Blake's best position is CB where he can get away with his dreadful distribution but I'm not sure many would put him in before Hudson and Keinan.

I totay agree.
Oli has been in very good form the last month or so.