Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A recipe for promotion

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:39 pm

1. Get Aaron Ramsey back on loan for the rest of the season OR....
2. Find a Ramsey-like player who is very comfortable at holding the ball in midfield and using it effectively by bringing our other stars into play OR.....
3. Go 4:5:1 and battle like fk for every point rather than trying to outplay teams by means of our so-called big stars in a 4:4:2. I'd be tempted to go with Parkin as lone striker with a midfield of Bellamy (left) Oli (holding) Whitts and Macca (creating) JET (right) AND....
4. Have a plan B if we are chasing the game with 20 mins to go.....which for me would be Parkin, Jay and JET up front and get Bellamy to get crosses into them and Whitts and others to hit long balls to bombard them with an aerial attack. It's not pretty and I wouldn't want to see it on a regular basis but if it gets us results it has to be done.

Re: A recipe for promotion

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:07 pm

good plan,

As Ramsey would say "done"..................Gordon that is, more chance for the chef to play for us than Aaron :D

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:57 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:good plan,

As Ramsey would say "done"..................Gordon that is, more chance for the chef to play for us than Aaron :D

Yes, I agree, but unlike Jonsey I had other options. If we keep things the way they are I have no faith that this team set up the way that DJ has them are capable of getting the 5 or 6 wins that we need to go up automatically.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:06 pm

I'd just go for the deduct QPR 18 points plan! :lol:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:07 pm

Bring Jet into the middle. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:13 pm

birchblue wrote:Bring Jet into the middle. :ayatollah:

JET was quality tuesday night.
he seen alot of the ball and did very well considering the amount of times other players lose the ball in attack, :ayatollah:
he's not scared to have a pop from 25/30 yards also he's not greedy sent alot of balls into the box where parkin was badly needed on a night bothroyd was clearly going to do f**k all

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:20 pm

Jet is the answer to are midfield cant have whitts and mcfail not strong enough.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:19 pm

birchblue wrote:Jet is the answer to are midfield cant have whitts and mcfail not strong enough.

We can if they are part of a midfield 3 with Oli adding defensive strength plus Bellamy and JET wide with Jay or Parkin up front as lone striker but with support from wingers. Oli played his best stuff for us as part of a 3 man midfield and we did well as a team too. It all came about when Chops got injured v donny and we were forced to switch.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Replacing Dave Jones with anybody that can get this squad to play would be my solution.
I've been in and out of the in and out camps and this last week has swung it for me.
Hope I eat my words, but we are going to choke again I think.