Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MERTHYR and NEWPORT couldnt be more different......

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:55 pm

baker wrote:Oh stop embarrassing yourself you fool.

Tell me Baker, do you know what the word 'Irony' means?

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Dafydd wrote:
baker wrote:Oh stop embarrassing yourself you fool.

Tell me Baker, do you know what the word 'Irony' means?

ooooooooooooooh, burn :lol:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:51 am

Drinking Competitions
Newport 4 Merthyr 10

Unemployment
Newport 8 Merthyr -15

Scenery
Newport -150 Merthyr 8

Total -138 Merthyr 13

So officially Merthyr is the winner :D

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:53 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Drinking Competitions
Newport 4 Merthyr 10

Unemployment
Newport 8 Merthyr -15

Scenery
Newport -150 Merthyr 8

Total -138 Merthyr 13

So officially Merthyr is the winner :D

:lol:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:30 am

I had a day out in Merthyr yesterday and it was very enjoyable and I plan to go back again soon. I live in Newport and whilst parts of it are run down, it is slowly becoming better.

One of my other interests apart from football is local history and on that both Merthyr and Newport score very highly. Take a trip up the Brecon Railway, visit Cyfarthfa Castle (not till after 20 April due to refurbishment) or the Roman Museum/Amphitheatre in Cearleon or the Roman City remains in Caerwent and you will be amazed at how much history is on the doorstep of these two great Welsh communities.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:04 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I had a day out in Merthyr yesterday and it was very enjoyable and I plan to go back again soon. I live in Newport and whilst parts of it are run down, it is slowly becoming better.

One of my other interests apart from football is local history and on that both Merthyr and Newport score very highly. Take a trip up the Brecon Railway, visit Cyfarthfa Castle (not till after 20 April due to refurbishment) or the Roman Museum/Amphitheatre in Cearleon or the Roman City remains in Caerwent and you will be amazed at how much history is on the doorstep of these two great Welsh communities.

I used to live right by Brecon Railway, about half a mile away from it in Pontsticill. One of the most beautiful little villages in Wales. Love that place.