Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Famous, Rich & in the Slums

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Anyone watch the second part of this documentary for comic relief tonight?

Seen many programmes before on poverty etc, but this one really hit home how deprived and harrowing life is in the third world. Not that I didn’t think that before but this documentary showed it from a different perspective, one that is not seen enough.

Anyone else feel really emotional while watching it tonight?

Re: Famous, Rich & in the Slums

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:54 pm

Absolutly incredible ! very emotional but great documentary !

If you didnt come close to being upset then your not human in my opinion !

:ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Bang on mate...perspective in a tv show

Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:58 am

Must admit that it got to me ,pisses me off that we are going to spend millions on the Libya situation when people are living in those conditions .On the subject of Libya I personally hope that Gaddafi 'wins' the so-called civil war .We have no right to intervene and why don't the UN intervene in the years of bombing by Israel in Gaza and the West Bank .

Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:44 am

Watched the first one Chris, we are billionaires in comparison. :o :( :o :(

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:19 am

Lets face it we are all selfish people, we complain about the littlest of things. It really hit home last night, we dont realise how fortunate we are

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:26 pm

I didn't watch it but, lately, the way we distibute foreign aid has been something I have been thinking about. And the one thing I keep wondering is why we send any foreigh aid to India. They have enough people there to deal with a lot of the poverty there but don't because of caste systems and other such things. Shocking and disgusting from a country as rich as that

Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:41 pm

The first and second part got me abit choked up

Was buzzin wen Lenny Henry bought those orphans a house so they didnt have to smell the shit

Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:18 pm

ashccfc wrote:The first and second part got me abit choked up

Was buzzin wen Lenny Henry bought those orphans a house so they didnt have to smell the shit

I know it was kind of the rules of the programme to not give them money etc but how could he just let them live in those conditions and not do anything. Top man and a really good gesture from him.