Anyone know how to......

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:49 am

unlock the code on car CD players???

its a ford focus....

its doing my nut in now, having to sing to myself where ever i go :oops: :cry:

i know the code should be in my manual, but i dont have my manual :x

Re: Anyone know how to......

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:55 am

The easy way is to go to Ford and pay them the price for your codes. Tip though is to get your key fob codes at the same time because it costs little more apparently to do it all at once.
I'm sure this security feature is only there to earn the car manufacturer money.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:10 am

Berwyn wrote:The easy way is to go to Ford and pay them the price for your codes. Tip though is to get your key fob codes at the same time because it costs little more apparently to do it all at once.
I'm sure this security feature is only there to earn the car manufacturer money.

cheers berwyn :ayatollah:
i know nothing about cars, its embarrasing really!
any other advice would be much appreciated before i folk out :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:34 am

Text me your reg. Number - I have contacts at ford! ;-)

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:04 am

There is free ways to do it on internet with some radios. You will need to remove the radio and type in the serial number to get it. You normally get only 10 goes so don't try guessing to much. With my radio tho it was impossible tho, there's a guy in pontyclun car sales who does it. (Just off junction 34) he charrges 20 quid. Takes him 2 mins and he gives you a new code

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:07 am

The other option is phoning where the car was originally sold to. They should have it on computer. My car is a corsa lsi 02 plate. Came from london and the original garage had bloody closed. To find out where its from there's normally a sticker on back window of car o it will say on inside of drivers side door

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:50 am

milly remove it and the code is normally written on it, otherwise i can sell you a brand new cd player for 30 notes :D

Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:02 am

milly44 wrote:unlock the code on car CD players???

its a ford focus....

I've got the exact same problem with my Corsa. Took the battery out to charge it and it reset. Pisses me right off that I'll have to pay for a code when I've already bought the car! Why should I have to pay for the bloody code? Didn't I pay enough for the car?! And I don't have the log book because the garage never gave me one
:evil:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:39 am

Milly - just text me the reg. No. And I'll have your radio code within the hour! :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:44 am

http://www.radio-code.co.uk/ford-radio-codes.html

Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:59 am

Stop stealing car radios then you wouldn't have this problem.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:04 am

I hope the link posted above will work for you Nathan ;) , as I just rang my mate and he's moved to Renault now! Lol so unless you sell your car for a Renault - I can't help you! :lol:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:35 am

cheers for the advice guys. when i finish work i will get onto it :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:45 pm

PhatFrog wrote:

its a ford focus....

I've got the exact same problem with my Corsa. Took the battery out to charge it and it reset. Pisses me right off that I'll have to pay for a code when I've already bought the car! Why should I have to pay for the bloody code? Didn't I pay enough for the car?! And I don't have the log book because the garage never gave me one

I know it's bad isn't it. I got caught out like that in the past. Whenever you buy a car from now on, like me, you'll ask the seller for the codes or to get them before you buy. You also need the codes for the car keys as well. If you snap your key or need a new one for whatever reason you will need the codes.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:01 pm

have pm ed you m8 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:12 pm

its a ford focus....

I did the same, if you pull the stereo out the code should be written on the top, side or back somewhere

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:08 pm

cheers guys :ayatollah:

those of you that have PM'd numbers and advice, i will contact them tommorow, as im busy in work til late tonight :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:20 pm

milly44 wrote:cheers guys :ayatollah:

those of you that have PM'd numbers and advice, i will contact them tommorow, as im busy in work til late tonight :ayatollah:
PONCE :D

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:50 pm

Put it in the freezer Chief the code comes up on it. I tried it on my CD Player once. Did it work ? Did it f**k it didn't work at all after. I thought it wasn't right when i couldn't find the defrost option either. But there you go it might work for you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:56 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
milly44 wrote:cheers guys :ayatollah:

PONCE :D

:lol:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:00 pm

If there anyone on here from Ely they will know how to do it. :lol:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:14 pm

PhatFrog wrote:

its a ford focus....

Me too :( Had to have a new alternator fitted, so the batery was disconected.

Looked in the log book, and the first owner hadn't bothered to write the code in there :evil:

I don't know how to get the radio out to get the serial number either. Think it needs some kind of key??

Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Put it in the freezer Chief the code comes up on it. I tried it on my CD Player once. Did it work ? Did it f**k it didn't work at all after. I thought it wasn't right when i couldn't find the defrost option either. But there you go it might work for you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

haha brilliant nukes. im goin to try that next time. does it work with dvd players too ?

Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Claire wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:

its a ford focus....

Looked in the log book, and the first owner hadn't bothered to write the code in there :evil:

I don't know how to get the radio out to get the serial number either. Think it needs some kind of key??

You can get radio/cd removal keys from halfords etc for cheap, or I just use two thin flat head screwdrivers. Easy :D

Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Claire wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:

its a ford focus....

You can get radio/cd removal keys from halfords etc for cheap, or I just use two thin flat head screwdrivers. Easy :D