Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" QPR TO CONTEST CHARGES - LATEST! "

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:20 am

Queens Park Rangers will attempt to avoid a severe penalty for allegedly breaching third-party regulations by arguing that they revealed the potential rule violation voluntarily to the Football Association.

The Championship leaders could face a points deduction after the club and their chairman, Gianni Paladini, were charged with seven breaches of FA regulations in relation to the transfer of Argentine midfielder Alejandro Faurlin.

The charges relate to breaches of third-party ownership rules, use of an unlicensed agent and Paladini is alleged to have provided false information to the FA.

Faurlin was transferred from FC Instituto de Cordoba in July 2009 but his economic rights were owned by a third-party, believed to be a South American business, rather than QPR.

Faurlin’s transfer fee is listed as £3.4 million, making him the club’s record signing, but there were claims last night from Cordoba that the fee was paid to the un-named third-party rather than FC Instituto.

Inter Milan are reported to have received £500,000 from the deal as they had first option.

Telegraph Sport understands the agent involved in the deal was Peppino Tirri, a London-based Italian who at the time of the deal was not licensed by Fifa to operate in the UK.

Tirri, who has claimed to work for a number of high-profile players including Luis Figo and Wesley Sneijder, was unobtainable on Thursday on the telephone numbers listed on the Fifa website.

The FA will pursue the charges despite QPR’s claim of innocence because they only revealed the third-party involvement after Faurlin had been at the club for more than a year.

QPR only acted in the summer of 2010 when the Football League adopted rules banning third-party ownership of players. The club asked the league if they could buy out the third-party to conform with the new rules, and were referred to the Fa, which controls player registrations.

The FA were approached in August and began investigating the rule breach. In October 2010 QPR renegotiated Faurlin’s contract, at which stage the FA allege Paladini provided false information.

The FA will await a response from QPR’s lawyers before setting a date for any disciplinary hearing, but the club can expect a severe penalty if found guilty.

The FA does not publish its potential sanctions, but they range from a fine to the loss of points, potentially imperilling the club’s promotion chances.

Re: QPR TO CONTEST CHARGES - LATEST!

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:34 am

Alan Brazil on Talk Sport this morning was absolutely adamant he had spoken to someone at the FA who said they're was 'no chance whatsoever' of QPR being docked points.

Believe what you will but seems a little more positive.

Also interestingly is the 6 games in question that this revolves around Faurlin did NOT play. Was absent for 5 & an unused sub for 1.

The plot thickens.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:38 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Alan Brazil on Talk Sport this morning was absolutely adamant he had spoken to someone at the FA who said they're was 'no chance whatsoever' of QPR being docked points.

Also interestingly is the 6 games in question that this revolves around Faurlin did NOT play. Was absent for 5 & an unused sub for 1.

The plot thickens.

So this Faurlin fella hadnt played in any of this seasons games...........?

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:45 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Alan Brazil on Talk Sport this morning was absolutely adamant he had spoken to someone at the FA who said they're was 'no chance whatsoever' of QPR being docked points.

The plot thickens.

The charges relate around a 6 game period of Sept-Oct. Faurlin did not play during this time.

Obviously other charges about apparent forged documents etc are also ongoing but what I'm saying is wires have obviously been crossed somewhere.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:46 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

The plot thickens.

The charges relate around a 6 game period of Sept-Oct. Faurlin did not play during this time.

Obviously other charges about apparent forged documents etc are also ongoing but what I'm saying is wires have obviously been crossed somewhere.

If he didnt play around the said period then whats all the fuss about as obviously he had no influence in any results.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:58 am

This is what I'm thinking.

They're is 7 charges to answer so its not cut & dry as yet but its starting to look a weeny bit clearer in some aspects.

Also this agent who is meant to be the '3rd' man is a licensed agent so apparently although still illegal the consequences of dealing with him are much lighter than if he was an 'unlicensed' agent by all accounts.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:01 am

Stan apparantly he was not registered with FIFA when the alledged infringments took place, he is now but still not in the uk.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:02 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

The plot thickens.

If he didnt play around the said period then whats all the fuss about as obviously he had no influence in any results.[/quote]

:lol: oh well that just makes it all ok then Richard! The SEVEN CHARGES can now be dropped then huh! Don't worry about the illegal 3rd party ownership and the missing £3.5m fee? The intent to pay an unlicensed agent and the falsifying of player registration documents! Whether they used the player or not doesnt make a blind bit of difference!

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:10 am

Who does Alan Brazil spend every Sunday lunch time with on Talk Sport ?

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:14 am

Stan-QPR wrote:This is what I'm thinking.

They're is 7 charges to answer so its not cut & dry as yet but its starting to look a weeny bit clearer in some aspects.

Also this agent who is meant to be the '3rd' man is a licensed agent so apparently although still illegal the consequences of dealing with him are much lighter than if he was an 'unlicensed' agent by all accounts.

The 3rd agent was not registered in the UK though and the fee of £3.4 million went to him except the £500,000 to Inter Milan, it seems the FA have dug their feet in with this and I think there will be serious consequences. It will be unfair to QPR in general, especially the fans & playing staff but we have seen how ruthless the FA can be with the likes of Luton. I for one wouldnt want go be promoted by default, I wish you & your club good luck but I fear QPR will be hit hard. I hope not because you fully deserve promotion, good luck buddy.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:18 am

nojac wrote:Who does Alan Brazil spend every Sunday lunch time with on Talk Sport ?

Makes no diffenece.

It's the FA panel who will make the decision not Alan Brazil or Neil Warnock.

I've been assured 2 days running that we will not be docked points by someone I whole heartedly trust so I am happy to go along with that.

This could get very very messy for the FA if they don't be careful. Flavio Briatore, Bernie Ecclestone & Lakshmi Mittal will have the best of the best legal people representing us so the FA need to make sure they are 10000000% spot on or they will be taken to the cleaners.

I agree their must be some evidence of wrong doing but the media circus has only blown it all up at such a ridiculous time of the season. Personally I'm more confident today than I was yesterday.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:19 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:This is what I'm thinking.

The 3rd agent was not registered in the UK though and the fee of £3.4 million went to him except the £500,000 to Inter Milan, it seems the FA have dug their feet in with this and I think there will be serious consequences. It will be unfair to QPR in general, especially the fans & playing staff but we have seen how ruthless the FA can be with the likes of Luton. I for one wouldnt want go be promoted by default, I wish you & your club good luck but I fear QPR will be hit hard. I hope not because you fully deserve promotion, good luck buddy.

Fair play Richard :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:19 am

How the hell would we be promoted by default if the worst was to happen to QPR? :lol: we've been in the top 4 for most of the season! And we still have 10 games to play ? Jesus, we won the games, got the goals and wins to be where we are, Preston are not in our position because they are bottom of the league! (for a reason!) for all you know we might take 30pts now and win the league anyway, after all this effects the mentality of the QPR team? (possibility)

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:23 am

Merlin wrote:How the hell would we be promoted by default if the worst was to happen to QPR? :lol: we've been in the top 4 for most of the season! And we still have 10 games to play ? Jesus, we won the games, got the goals and wins to be where we are, Preston are not in our position because they are bottom of the league! (for a reason!) for all you know we might take 30pts now and win the league anyway, after all this effects the mentality of the QPR team? (possibility)

Well put it this way, if QPR get deducted points which seems highly likely then it will assist us and others in the quest of promotion.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:25 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
Merlin wrote:How the hell would we be promoted by default if the worst was to happen to QPR? :lol: we've been in the top 4 for most of the season! And we still have 10 games to play ? Jesus, we won the games, got the goals and wins to be where we are, Preston are not in our position because they are bottom of the league! (for a reason!) for all you know we might take 30pts now and win the league anyway, after all this effects the mentality of the QPR team? (possibility)

Well put it this way, if QPR get deducted points which seems highly likely then it will assist us and others in the quest of promotion.

I would say highly UNLIKELY actually.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:27 am

The plot thickens.

Stan one thing I can absolutely assure you of is that Alan Brazil will not have spoken to anyone of the 3 people who will sit on the disciplinary panel, the chairman of the panel will likely be a QC being a good example, so it is highly unlikely he would have spoken to anyone with an influence on this issue.

IMO this is a no win situation for the FA, unless any punishment is taken only against the people responsible i.e. Mr Paladini, the FA will fear a backlash from clubs who are likely to benefit from QPR being punished. Leeds Utd and Swansea City being good examples with Mr Bates and Mr Jenkins both likely to take any advantage possible for their clubs. We all know Ken Bates and believe me Huw The Spew Jenkins is no better.

The big question for me here is if QPR are found guilty of submitting false documentation relating to the transfer of the player then what will the FL stance be as that will be a clear breach of their rule 40.1. Any breach of FL rule 40.1 can be dealt with under FL 40.2 as the player will be ineligible to play under FL rules, the penalty being 3 points per game where the players was involved.

The real problem for QPR is therefore if they are found guilty will they apply their rules against the club, if they decide not to sit back and wait for the response from Messrs Bates and Jenkins.

As I say the best result for everyone would be to ban Mr Paladini for life if these allegations are proven that way footballs best interests will have been best served. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:30 am

RichardBluebird wrote:

And...... That's not our fault! We can only carry on as normal, and what will be will be.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:36 am

castleblue wrote:

The plot thickens.

Stan one thing I can absolutely assure you of is that Alan Brazil will not have spoken to anyone of the 3 people who will sit on the disciplinary panel, the chairman of the panel will likely be a QC being a good example, so it is highly unlikely he would have spoken to anyone with an influence on this issue.

IMO this is a no win situation for the FA, unless any punishment is taken only against the people responsible i.e. Mr Paladini, the FA will fear a backlash from clubs who are likely to benefit from QPR being punished. Leeds Utd and Swansea City being good examples with Mr Bates and Mr Jenkins both likely to take any advantage possible for their clubs. We all know Ken Bates and believe me Huw The Spew Jenkins is no better.

The big question for me here is if QPR are found guilty of submitting false documentation relating to the transfer of the player then what will the FL stance be as that will be a clear breach of their rule 40.1. Any breach of FL rule 40.1 can be dealt with under FL 40.2 as the player will be ineligible to play under FL rules, the penalty being 3 points per game where the players was involved.

The real problem for QPR is therefore if they are found guilty will they apply their rules against the club, if they decide not to sit back and wait for the response from Messrs Bates and Jenkins.

As I say the best result for everyone would be to ban Mr Paladini for life if these allegations are proven that way footballs best interests will have been best served. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good post mate & I totally agree regarding Paladini, the man has brought us hassle after hassle since his boardroom coup a few years ago.

Alan Brazil wouldn't of spoken to anyone of the 3 man panel of course not, but the FA will have people inside who know what's going on in much greater detail than us & probably know a points deduction is unlikely. That's my take on it anyway.

One thing though regarding FL rules 40.1 & 40.2 QPR have NOT been charged with fielding an inilegible player.

If the FA deducted us points and we failed to gain promotion (if we win sufficient games to have won promotion) they have effecively fined us £90M (reported revenue for a promoted club). To me I just can't see that happening personally. I expect a big fine & Paladini thrown to the wolves.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:42 am

Sorry Stan but about the inelegible player bit, if the club has falsified information regarding the registration of the player then that registration is null and void, and therefore points can be deducted for that.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:44 am

Merlin wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

And...... That's not our fault! We can only carry on as normal, and what will be will be.

Nobody said it was would be our fault, all I said its what happens on the pitch that matters and Alejandro Faurlin has no impact on QPR's superior position this season and "IF" we go up Id rather it be under our own performance rather than the point deduction of QPR. Stop being pedantic and get them deliveries done you skiver.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:44 am

Igovernor wrote:Sorry Stan but about the inelegible player bit, if the club has falsified information regarding the registration of the player then that registration is null and void, and therefore points can be deducted for that.

No probs pal.

The charge , if proven will be of misconduct and nothing to do with eligibility or not. It is whether we have breached FA rules to prevent third party ownership of League players. If proven the penalty is wholly discretionary, set by the Football Regulatory Authority. There is a list in the FA Regulations of variations on what those penalties might be which includes pretty much anything but there is no formula for point deductions for this.

While with all that discretion and doubt around the truth we can't tell much but we can tell any deduction will not be 18 points or anything like it. That would be wholly disproportionate to the graver offence of buying advantage (effectively) by going into administration which we know is 10. Disproportionate, as any lawyer will tell you, is what will lose you a judicial review so I am as sure as I can be they will go under that number if they go down that road at all.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:51 am

Stan;

If QPR are found guilty on the false transfer documentation that can open the door to the FL bringing a charge under their rules for fielding an ineligible player because under rule 40.1 that's exactly what he would be.

I'm not saying the FL would do this but my experience of Messrs Bates and Jenkins is that they would expect that to happen. Already down here the local press have asked both Swansea and Cardiff for their views on the situation. Cardiff have said they have no comment as this is an issue between the FA and QPR and is therefore nothing to do with our club. Swansea are saying we don't expect QPR to be deducted points but the FA must deal with this as quickly as possible, in other words get the deal done deduct the points and give us a leg up the ladder.

This is why I think the FA should concentrate on the false documentation angle against Paladini and get him out of the game, as for throwing him to the Wolves well I know Jez Moxey is a chopsy tw*t but he doesn't deserve having this guy thrust on him. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:00 pm

Seems that last month before this broke, that Bernie was selling up maybe he was tipped off that it was about to break?

"The 2009-10 accounts, the club's most recent, show that Sarita Capital Investments, Briatore's company, had loaned QPR £13.6m, while Ecclestone personally had lent £1.4m. Last week QPR confirmed that "preliminary discussions" have begun over a sale of the club, which brought an instant statement from Amit Bhatia, Mittal's son-in-law who is the holding company vice-chairman, that the Mittals are not interested in selling their 20%.

That has left the assumption that Ecclestone is the one considering selling his stake, which looked odd considering QPR, seven points clear at the top of the Championship under Neil Warnock's management, are finally on the threshold of promotion. The club is denying that the sale discussions have anything to do with the FA investigation into the charges over Faurlín which, if proved, could cost the club points – and Premier League status. Calls to Ecclestone at Formula One were not "

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:05 pm

Nothing to do with it mate. It's well known that BE is not a football man & has said with his own mouth he invested by mistake due to Briatore.

The financial input required to fund a new Premiership team will be gargantuan & I don't think Bernie fancied it.

He bought cheap & will sell big-Bingo.

He is apparently talking to Russians who despise Abramovich so that could be interesting.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:45 pm

All this reminds me a bit of the reaction to Craig Bellamy arrest in Chip Alley. There were posters quoting us the law and confidently predicting he would go to prison and then get deported to Australia.

Eventually he received a Police caution which was judged to be the correct proportionate punishment and not a custodial sentence.

The same principle will apply to QPR and as Stan mentioned any punishment must be proportionate to whatever offence they are proven to have committed.

For example if it is proven to be a club wide conspiracy involving not only the CEO and player, but also the Chairman, boardroom, manager and a shady South American business cartel then yes they might be looking at a severe point’s deduction.

However, if it is found this is due to an incompetent or even corrupt administrator then taking points away from the club and denying thousands of innocent fans the chance to see their side play in the PL (not to mention the possible income of £90m) would be disproportionate and I’m absolutely sure their very rich owners would drag both the FA & FL through a lengthy and expensive legal process.

Re: " QPR TO CONTEST CHARGES - LATEST! "

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:10 pm

It's the false documents charge which will be the killer.
If QPR are found guilty of that they could be relegated a couple of leagues just like Swindon

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:40 pm

stickywicket wrote:It's the false documents charge which will be the killer.
If QPR are found guilty of that they could be relegated a couple of leagues just like Swindon

Agreed.

If , and it is a big IF, it is proved to be a way of deliberately misleading the governing body then I can't see how they won't suffer some significant penalty (points or big fine most likely).

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi guys, just got in.

Is there any news on this today?

or is it just the same?

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:13 pm

Glammy breaking news on Sky Sports is that the FA are sorry for scaring the shit out of QPR fans & that as a way of saying sorry we can play with 14 men for the next 6 games & have a 3-0 start also.

Phew :lol:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:15 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Glammy breaking news on Sky Sports is that the FA are sorry for scaring the shit out of QPR fans & that as a way of saying sorry we can play with 14 men for the next 6 games & have a 3-0 start also.

Phew :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nahh. i havnt seen any news etc today

hows it looking, a bit more clearer?
or none the wiser?