Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " QPR TO CONTEST CHARGES - LATEST! "

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Even if they do get a few points deduction, they still have a healthy cushion.

Rules are rules but I am not holding my breath that they'll be deducted points - it'll go to an sports arbitration court if they do and how long will this all take?

Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:39 pm

REALLY hope no points are deducted and can not really see how they can be

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:34 am

Quote from Neil Warnock personally;

You'll have read that we've been charged by the Football Association on seven counts relating to the signing, back in 2009, of our midfielder Ali Faurlin. You'll have read quite a lot else in some newspapers but I can tell you most of the articles fall into the category "never let the facts get in the way of a good story".

I can't go into any detail because the matter is sub judice, or whatever the phrase is?! but having spoken to the barrister in charge of our legal team I think the situation is in good hands. They tell me they have it covered and I'm happy to leave it to them while I get on with managing the team.

:ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:47 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Quote from Neil Warnock personally;

You'll have read that we've been charged by the Football Association on seven counts relating to the signing, back in 2009, of our midfielder Ali Faurlin. You'll have read quite a lot else in some newspapers but I can tell you most of the articles fall into the category "never let the facts get in the way of a good story".

I can't go into any detail because the matter is sub judice, or whatever the phrase is?! but having spoken to the barrister in charge of our legal team I think the situation is in good hands. They tell me they have it covered and I'm happy to leave it to them while I get on with managing the team.

:ayatollah:

never trust what the legal guys tell you.

The deeper the scrap they can persuade you to get into, the more money for them.

Anyway, good luck to the fans. If yor club is guilty you'll have to take it on the chin. Looks to me that you will be OK though.