Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Eff you CCFC

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:58 am

Due to work commitments and a busy diary i have been unable to commit to buying tickets for the game on Sunday.

Just rang up the-Family stand is sold out-bet there are 1500 empty seats on Sunday :evil:

Asked where else was available-was told Canton and corners of grandstand. Asked how much kids tickets were-was told £15 each. I said that i'd heard they were doing these sections for a fiver for kids. The girl said no.

Due to a tight budget i am not prepared to pay £60 or so to watch when there will be empty seats in the family stand that would cost me £30.

Therefore it is radio egg for me on Sunday. :evil:

Crowd will be no more than 22k. The question is do CCFC want to encourage families? Answer is clearly no.

Re: Eff you CCFC

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:00 pm

the club said that if the family stand was full, they would grant you a ticket at kids prices for the grandstand.
they said it, they have to stand by it. :twisted: :twisted:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:04 pm

milly44 wrote:the club said that if the family stand was full, they would grant you a ticket at kids prices for the grandstand.

The woman on the phone said no! :evil:

I appreciate that i have only seen 7 or 8 games this season and cant have tickets if they are not available but we all know that there will be hundreds of empty seats in family stand.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Due to work commitments and a busy diary i have been unable to commit to buying tickets for the game on Sunday.

Just rang up the-Family stand is sold out-bet there are 1500 empty seats on Sunday :evil:

Asked where else was available-was told Canton and corners of grandstand. Asked how much kids tickets were-was told £15 each. I said that i'd heard they were doing these sections for a fiver for kids. The girl said no.

Due to a tight budget i am not prepared to pay £60 or so to watch when there will be empty seats in the family stand that would cost me £30.

Crowd will be no more than 22k. The question is do CCFC want to encourage families? Answer is clearly no.

This is a club that says they are changing their image, they make me laugh aye. They dont give a toss about the fans, its all about scamming as much cash out of you as possible. I fear it will get worse ten-fold if we went up, see you Sunday then mate :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:19 pm

I emailed the club a few days ago as there was a photo of me and my baby daughter in the Ipswich programme asking if i could buy a bigger size of this photo thay have not even replied to me.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:22 pm

When I came down to the Leicester sat next to Annis and he pointed to the family stand then, and said there were no tickets available for that end, and it was at least a third empty for Leicester which is far a bigger game than Barnsley,

Its a shame, I know its easy to say but if I had a season ticket...I WOULD be there EVERY game :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:41 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:I emailed the club a few days ago as there was a photo of me and my baby daughter in the Ipswich programme asking if i could buy a bigger size of this photo thay have not even replied to me.

It stems from the top. Our Chief Exec is not upto it.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:18 pm

You are right mate the way it's run is a shambles

Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Due to work commitments and a busy diary i have been unable to commit to buying tickets for the game on Sunday.

I don't blame you Gareth. I was originally going to urge you to phone them back and try again (it sometimes works) but in all honesty if they can't be bothered to help and encourage a dedicated Father who wishes to bring his children along and fill empty seats, then sod them.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:23 pm

Pricing accross every level for kids is already out of control.

£15 to take an 8 year old to the football? It's a f*cking joke.

It should be pinned at a standard level of £5 for under 12's everywhere. They are pricing families out of the game, not recognising that these kids are the future. Lose them now and you might never get them back.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Gareth, they have been selling all season Family price tickets to other areas once the Family stand was full. Carl and Corky will vouch for this.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Gareth you xant accuse the TO of not caring on this score. I spoke ot one of them about renewing my ST for the family stand and having a seat for one of my daughters. The guy could not accommodate and actually told me he was fed up of turning guys like me down knowing alot of the seats in the family stand are empty. Thee is not much he and his colleagues can do about it, all they do is follow club policy.

I was told that the club will be looking into this next season. Basically they haver made a mess of this and can only do sonething about it next season. Expect the same problem to carry on to carry on next season as we are finding out that the top level of management at the club are not proactive enough for our likings. If I was in their positions I would make sure these seats are going to be used, specially the free kids seats. If not I would want an answer to why not. If I did not get an answer I would retract the seat. Of course I would leave a door open for them to give a reason before the game therefore allowing for the seat to be sold. However if they continued to miss games then the seat would be retracted. Quite simple really but will the club be active on this one?

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Gareth, they have been selling all season Family price tickets to other areas once the Family stand was full. Carl and Corky will vouch for this.

The woman i spoke to in the ticket office was adamant that kids tickets in other parts of the ground were £15 each.

If the club doesn't want my cash i'll spend it elsewhere.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Gareth, they have been selling all season Family price tickets to other areas once the Family stand was full. Carl and Corky will vouch for this.

The woman i spoke to in the ticket office was adamant that kids tickets in other parts of the ground were £15 each.

Gareth
And I promise you once the family stand is sold out, they let kids have the tickets for a £5 else where.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Gareth
And I promise you once the family stand is sold out, they let kids have the tickets for a £5 else where.

I've just spoken to another lady who said that they sold 5quid tickets in one other area and that area has sold out as well.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:03 pm

can only imagine how pissed off id be if some told me they were sold out, and it is clearly only half full every week, and the attendance is only 17,000 (i mean 22,000) :?
i could understand it if it was sold out, and aslong as they were polite and explained then fine. but we all know the attendance will be around 21,000 of which 3,000 havn't bothered. SO WHATS THE HARM IN PUTTING A DAD AND HIS 2 KIDS IN ANOTHER PART OF THE GROUND FOR THE SAME PRICE???????????? :twisted: :twisted:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Gareth

For the Burnley game in December I had to pirchase 3 £15 tickets for my daughters. All the family stand and extended grandstand for families was sold out.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:11 pm

milly44 wrote:can only imagine how pissed off id be if some told me they were sold out, and it is clearly only half full every week, and the attendance is only 17,000 (i mean 22,000) :?
i could understand it if it was sold out, and aslong as they were polite and explained then fine. but we all know the attendance will be around 21,000 of which 3,000 havn't bothered. SO WHATS THE HARM IN PUTTING A DAD AND HIS 2 KIDS IN ANOTHER PART OF THE GROUND FOR THE SAME PRICE???????????? :twisted: :twisted:

Bugs me no end Milly.

I just wonder how many of these people who have purchased "free" seats for their kids and never take them.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
milly44 wrote:can only imagine how pissed off id be if some told me they were sold out, and it is clearly only half full every week, and the attendance is only 17,000 (i mean 22,000) :?

Bugs me no end Milly.

I just wonder how many of these people who have purchased "free" seats for their kids and never take them.

I'd buy the free tickets off them if the club gave out books of tickets instead of stadium cards.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:12 pm

maybe check this out :D :ayatollah:

http://www.vouchercloud.com/cardiff-cit ... le-voucher

Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:56 pm

Wilts.

You can get tickets for a tenner if an ambassador buys them for you.

Get in touch in the morning and I can sort you out with 1 (I've already used my other 2 tickets for mates). if you use that and your lad pays full then you'll be in on the cheap.

ninian 111 or 117.

:ayatollah:

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Hom ... 47,00.html

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Wilts.

You can get tickets for a tenner if an ambassador buys them for you.

Get in touch in the morning and I can sort you out with 1 (I've already used my other 2 tickets for mates). if you use that and your lad pays full then you'll be in on the cheap.

ninian 111 or 117.

:ayatollah:

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Hom ... 47,00.html

Thanks lawnmower.

Will PM you in morning.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:35 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
milly44 wrote:the club said that if the family stand was full, they would grant you a ticket at kids prices for the grandstand.

The woman on the phone said no! :evil:

I appreciate that i have only seen 7 or 8 games this season and cant have tickets if they are not available but we all know that there will be hundreds of empty seats in family stand.

i am a season ticket holder and before xmas tried to buy a ticket in the family stand,was told it was full,i then told the staff that there would be hundreds of empty seats as there had been all season,all to no availe,start of the match and guess what,hundreds of empty seats,madness :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Gareth, I am annoyed for you as this is something that the club were doing and I know for a fact that it was done at the Burnley game and at the Ipswich game, why the club are not honest about this is beyond me and why stop it now ?

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Gareth, I am annoyed for you as this is something that the club were doing and I know for a fact that it was done at the Burnley game and at the Ipswich game, why the club are not honest about this is beyond me and why stop it now ?

The real problem is Gethin Jenkins plus the decision to locate family stand next to away fans. If the family stand was at Canton end there would be more seats available to families. This would encourage more youngsters to watch CCFC.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:31 pm

gareth,,, the other problem is, people, families, know they wont be going sunday, but dont inform the club, which means, there expecting a full end, but theres plenty of spaces?

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:58 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

The real problem is Gethin Jenkins plus the decision to locate family stand next to away fans. If the family stand was at Canton end there would be more seats available to families. This would encourage more youngsters to watch CCFC.

This decision was made long before Jenkins was involved with the club.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:19 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:When I came down to the Leicester sat next to Annis and he pointed to the family stand then, and said there were no tickets available for that end, and it was at least a third empty for Leicester which is far a bigger game than Barnsley,

Its a shame, I know its easy to say but if I had a season ticket...I WOULD be there EVERY game :ayatollah:

And there you hit the nail right on the head, my friend....

Whilst I FULLY appreciate why YOU cannot think about buying a season ticket SOME of the people moaning on here have had AMPLE opportunity to COMMIT to Cardiff City Football Club over the last few HUGELY SUCCESSFUL years....i.e via the Ambassador Season Ticket deals (the like of which I doubt ANY club has offered before)

That they did not is for their own personal reasons BUT surely they CANNOT complain when they are inconvenienced at the SELECTED games they CHOOSE to attend??

I have STATED before that there are some who have bought Family Stand Seats (very cheaply indeed) in the hope that City get promoted and they can bring their off-spring to watch the half dozen top sides in the Premiership once a season. I knoe this to be true, as I have a neighbour who has dne exactly that; his kids having been to 3 games so far this season.

To them, it is a matter of 'hedging their bets' and is their perrogative....at least until the club get someone to look at individual attendances and put it right. But that isn't easy when you REALLY think about it, is it?? Afterall, they have, I suppose, PAID for the right NOT to turn up....not matter what OTHERS think

What is the solution?? I do not know....except to say if people want the RIGHT to sit in any given area for any given game then best they buy a season ticket and show the commitment that is rewarded with a GAURANTEED seat....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: