Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE'V LOST 3 CONSECUTIVE GAMES WITH NO RAMSEY

Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:53 pm

does that concern anyone? or is that just coincedence, with a drop of form, a lack of goals Ironically coming from our big names where we should be a ruthless attacking side on paper

bellamy 20+ easy
chopra is a 20+ striker,
whittingham 20+
Bothroyd can be 20+ yet
JET who in all fairness has only had a few games
we'v only managed to score more than 2 goals twice since september/october which for a team regarded promotion favourates is poor...

back to basics for me!! . change to bellamy and chopra up front drop j.b to bench,
or possibly

chopra bothroyd up front
bellamy AM
whittingham LM, jet RM,
olly DM

:?

Re: WE'V LOST 3 CONSECUTIVE GAMES WITH NO RAMSEY

Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:58 pm

whitts 20+ that was a one off last season drop jb and bring on the beast its not just ramsey we have had loads of chances but not puttin them away as jay is off form chops been playing out wide all down to our perfect manager dave jones :roll: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:02 pm

In my opinion its because our Midfield is a shambles/dies not dictate games or take control. Its prob our weakest link.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:06 pm

we always had a problem in central midfield to be fair but dj cant see that but then again he doesnt see alot of things :lol:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:13 pm

It's definately definately the midfield mainly centre, we always seem to slow the play down or like you say they cant dictate. we always seem to slow the play,
I wasn't impressed with mcphail on tuesday . he didn't necassarily do much wrong and i got alot of respect for the guy but he's beginnin to look quite limited to what he can offer us.
only has one foot, through ball doesn't do alot else other than fringe out a pass,

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:20 pm

We can make arguments about who we miss, etc., but the simple truth is that this team got us to a comfortable 2nd place in October and that was without not only Ramsey but Bellamy and Chopra for the majority of games due to injury.

Therefore, I believe that the current squad is perfectly capable of promotion if they click into gear. However, time is running out and we need a run of decent results now. I still don't think we need to tear up trees and win every game, purely because our rivals seem to be struggling too, but a 2-3 wins on the bounce by anyone and things will start to change pretty quickly ............. let's just hope it's us :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:In my opinion its because our Midfield is a shambles/dies not dictate games or take control. Its prob our weakest link.

our engine room is a joke without Olli and Ramsey , shame that Drinkwater didnt make it ? Whitts and Koumas are wide players which leaves Mc Failure and Rae .............. both League 1 players at best IMO :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:16 pm

what about all the games we won before ramsey came here ?? its just coincidence

Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:26 pm

only 2 defeats on the trot unless u are mystic meg for sunday :lol:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:50 pm

Would never put Bellamy up front. Much more effective out wide

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:In my opinion its because our Midfield is a shambles/dies not dictate games or take control. Its prob our weakest link.

Said this in most of my first few rants on this forum.

Jones had the chance to remedy it in January, Ramsey was then handed to him on a plate so Jones probably banked on having him for the rest of the season.

Football is not as difficult a game as some claim. It is worrying that we the uneducated fans can see glaring problems such as these. How has Jones not acted properly is beyond me.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:25 am

is it a coicidence,that each game we lost the opposition keeper was named man of the match.forest,ipswich,palace. :roll:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:21 am

fred keenor wrote:only 2 defeats on the trot unless u are mystic meg for sunday :lol:

including the forest game we lost, he didnt play in that

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:21 pm

The centre of midfield has been our weakness for the last few seasons it's a shame drinkwater left because him and ollofinjana were looking like they were the answer at the start of the season especially Portsmouth away they were awesome

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:22 pm

You have decent midfielders and a decent set of midfielders, enough not to need Ramsey in this league. I worry that the month that you had Ramsey will be detrimental to your cause. Maybe with his going back to the Arse your players have lst confidence as there was an over-reliance on him, or those who he replaced for the month have had their noses put out of joint. Personally bringing in a player for one month, especially when the directive of the parent club is for him to get match fit was a poor bit of management again by Jones and also smacked of desperation. You don't need Ramsey you have a squad that is more than capable, what you need is less panic and more leadership.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:53 am

hirwaunbluebird wrote:is it a coicidence,that each game we lost the opposition keeper was named man of the match.forest,ipswich,palace. :roll:

No coincidence at all, I for one am glad you raised that fact.

But be careful.

You're dealing in facts, and the facts do not add up to Jones departing the club.