Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Correction - Merthyr Tydfil is officially awesome

Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:50 pm

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 103113619/ :lol:

Re: Correction - Merthyr Tydfil is officially awesome

Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:07 pm

F--k all wrong with Merthyr, feel safer walking around there than most parts of Cardiff or Bristol.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Cliff Jones wrote:F--k all wrong with Merthyr, feel safer walking around there than most parts of Cardiff or Bristol.

:ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:26 am

The truth is that not so long ago Merthyr was the hardest working capital in the world. It was the centre of the UK's industrial revolution with people flocking from all over to work there. Unemployment was unheard of there.

Then the politicians fucked it all up and took all that away. Gone were all the jobs and Merthyr was left with nothing. Then the cheeky politicians told them to get on their bike's to find work!!! Even though they did get on their bike's to end up there in the first place.

Here's an idea for the brainless politicians - open a bike factory in Merthyr so they can have jobs making bikes for all the politicians to f**k off some place far enough away that they can't f**k things up even worse than they all ready have.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:24 am

Cliff Jones wrote:F--k all wrong with Merthyr, feel safer walking around there than most parts of Cardiff or Bristol.

Couldn't agree more! You could argue that Cardiff is a city so it's bound to be a lot rougher in certain areas, but, when people from Cardiff take the piss out of Merthyr for being a "Shit hole" it doesn't half make me laugh. There are areas in Cardiff that make Merthyr look like paradise. Don't get me wrong, I love Cardiff as a city to bits, but, I've had some dodgy experiences there on nights out!

Not as bad as Swansea though, but that goes without saying.