Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BARRY TOWN THIS AFTERNOON

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:10 am

For anyone looking for somewhere to go this afternoon

.....get along to Jenner Park to see a very talented but - not getting the results - Barry Town against ex Welsh League champions Goytre Unuted (from Port Talbot area).

It should be a very enteratining match with no shortage of argy bargy on the pitch as their is no love lost between the clubs.

Kick off is 2.30 and both teams will welcome your support.

Up the Town !!!! :ayatollah:

Re: BARRY TOWN THIS AFTERNOON

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:17 am

Use to go to Jenner when I was living in the Vale. That was when they use to win the old Welsh league by a mile. They played Merthyr in a cup game when the Martyrs were playing in Europe. About 6,000 went to that game.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:33 am

I use to go to all their Facup/European games, a bit of a glory hunter :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:36 am

In 1994 Barry team were back in the Welsh League for the first time in years after playing in exile in England.

That season they had to play in the division they are in now...Welsh League Div 1

......winning the Welsh League, the League Cup, the FAW Trophy

....and defeated the MIGHTY CARDIFF CITY at the Arms Park to win the Welsh Cup.....!!!!

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:39 am

barry boy wrote:In 1994 Barry team were back in the Welsh League for the first time in years after playing in exile in England.

That season they had to play in the division they are in now...Welsh League Div 1

....and defeated the MIGHTY CARDIFF CITY at the Arms Park to win the Welsh Cup.....!!!!

I was there and fuming with our Team that day.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:39 am

barry boy wrote:In 1994 Barry team were back in the Welsh League for the first time in years after playing in exile in England.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:46 am

I heard they had left the Welsh league when I started working abroad. When did they leave?

Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Goytre were completely outclassed midweek by Caldicot :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:01 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

I heard they had left the Welsh league when I started working abroad. When did they leave?

That welsh cup defeat to Barry town was one of the low points ever as a City fan for me. I remember Alan Curtis played for Barry that Day. also remember fans throwing their City shirts at Rick Wright and giving him loads of abuse. :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:51 pm

Pissed me off no end when City lost to Barry 2-1 in that final, but i must say that was the only game iv been to where the away support celebrated all three goals, surreal as fook when Barry scored the winner as 95% of the Barry supporters whore City tops. :P

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:22 am

Barry scored in the first minute against Goytre and hung on to win 1 nil.

Crowd was about 80....and a lot of them stood and sang !!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:39 am

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:Pissed me off no end when City lost to Barry 2-1 in that final, but i must say that was the only game iv been to where the away support celebrated all three goals, surreal as fook when Barry scored the winner as 95% of the Barry supporters whore City tops. :P

They WHORE City tops!!! the mind boggles :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:51 am

blue nile wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

That welsh cup defeat to Barry town was one of the low points ever as a City fan for me. I remember Alan Curtis played for Barry that Day. also remember fans throwing their City shirts at Rick Wright and giving him loads of abuse. :ayatollah:

i remember the cardiff fans singing WE HOPE YOU DROWN ON YOUR CRUISER :shock: to rick wright

Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Darren ryan, cruyff turn :lol: