Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

wales v england memories

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:21 am

did any of you go to the classic games like wembely 77 or the racecourse 80

i was at ninian in 82 before the world cup with my dad (i was 11) don't remember much to be honest except being awe struck at how many england had there

Re: wales v england memories

Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:04 pm

my 1st memory watching a wales v england game was 76....went down with the old man..england were in the canton stand & enclosures....we lot 1.0 to a peter taylor goal..
That 82 game..England had over 5000 ramned in the grange & enclosure...There was trouble all day in town...and i remember a mob of Bristol city walking up Tudor rd with Union Jacks only to be turned over by Dirty Dells chippie....
out of englands mob there were certainly a large number of early casuals donned in Lacoste,pringle,Fila Borg pola necks,nike wimbledons & well groomed hair cuts....We lost this game again 1.0 but this time to a Trevor francis free kick..

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:did any of you go to the classic games like wembely 77 or the racecourse 80

i was at ninian in 82 before the world cup with my dad (i was 11) don't remember much to be honest except being awe struck at how many england had there

Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:02 pm

lordninian wrote:my 1st memory watching a wales v england game was 76....went down with the old man..england were in the canton stand & enclosures....we lot 1.0 to a peter taylor goal..

I went to that game. Everyone was hopeful we would turn the English over and tbh dominated the opening stages of the game. The Peter Taylor goal was a real sickening moment when it went in. A real chance wasted over getting one over the old enemy.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:52 pm

[quote="MAESTEG BLUE"]did any of you go to the classic games like wembely 77 or the racecourse 80

Yes, and that game at Wembely was classic, Winning 0-1, I Also went to Wemberly in 75 that was also quality 2-2 england escaped loosing with a late equalizer. They were the only two Wales v england games that stood out for me. The only bummer for me 77 was being dumped by the coach drivers at wembley and over 100 or so of us had to walk to paddington to catch the early hr milk train, It was like a scene from the film Warriors having to get from one destination to another, but that night was night never to forget, I wonder what the london police would have made of that Crew today? In the wake of the ridiculous sentencing thats been given to both Cardiff-Chelsea Fans, As we created havoc after the game, so much so even our coach drivers sped off without us FFS, Not to forget the staffs faces as we entered the station to the chant of (Barry Boyz we are here woe woe'' Barry Boyz we are here Sh'gging your women and drinking your beer'''''''''''' :lol: :lol: We'd have got life by those bent judges today. :old: