Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

career change

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:03 am

I am thinking of a career change, currently got a good job within a factory working shifts, but they are now getting to me no social life at all, and my nippers hate me working nIght shift.

I would like to do something like teaching/lecturing, or maybe working within recruitment only downfall qualifications within these sectors I have not got,

Anybody got any ideas on how i can achieve these by not going to uni or full time in college

cheers in advance

matt :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: career change

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:19 am

How about this..

http://www.fish4.co.uk/ls/nwqtibrnmth/jobs/advert?adId=25640053&sid=0862B1236577408&pos=2&src=search&tot=500&Area=297&src=search

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:21 am

welshman wrote:How about this..

http://www.fish4.co.uk/ls/nwqtibrnmth/jobs/advert?adId=25640053&sid=0862B1236577408&pos=2&src=search&tot=500&Area=297&src=search

im sure they have a small part for you :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:43 am

rob wrote:

im sure they have a small part for you :lol: :lol:

Who`s been talking.. ;)

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:47 am

Dont think they would take me on,

its only the size of a nik-nak haaa haaa :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:51 am

mattyblue wrote:I am thinking of a career change, currently got a good job within a factory working shifts, but they are now getting to me no social life at all, and my nippers hate me working nIght shift.

I would like to do something like teaching/lecturing, or maybe working within recruitment only downfall qualifications within these sectors I have not got,

Anybody got any ideas on how i can achieve these by not going to uni or full time in college

cheers in advance

matt :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

my missus has decided to go down the primary school teacher route but her qualificatins don't suit that role ( shes in accountancy) she looked into it and the fastest route is the teacher assistant route, she at present does a part time course in Barry College (4hrs a week and they do it in evenings 1 year course ) only downside is you have to do voluntary work as a teaching assistant again part time at a school as a sort of work experience.

She now qualifys as a teaching assistant and can get paid work as of the next term but more importantly she can jump the ladder so to speak to now get onto a teaching course which she couldnt before becuase of her qualifications.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:05 am

I will be taking a massive paycut if i go down that route, well whatever way i look at it its going to be a pay cut until i can teach. I currently work shifts so part time work at schools shouldnt be a problem, What type of course is your mrs on at the moment.

I think i will go the assistant teaching route!!!!

Dont know what courses to take tho

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:36 am

mattyblue wrote:I will be taking a massive paycut if i go down that route, well whatever way i look at it its going to be a pay cut until i can teach. I currently work shifts so part time work at schools shouldnt be a problem, What type of course is your mrs on at the moment.

I think i will go the assistant teaching route!!!!

Dont know what courses to take tho

http://www.barry.ac.uk/viewfactsheet.asp?id=415

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:38 am

Is it the teaching PGC qualification you need? I think you can do evening classes for it? I will want to get involved in teaching of some sort one day but for now I've got a job with the Council so until financial times are better I'll stay here.

I hope you pursue teaching or something like that Matty. It'll make you happier I reckon.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:51 am

Haa Haa Zabier i think your right there mate, time to get a move going, its all about taking the 1st step.....

I have gotta do this