Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THIS SEASON WE HAVE HAD 236 CORNERS AND HOW MANY GOALS

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:25 pm

We have had 236 corners in the league this season, how many have we scored from, i cant think of any. But we certainly have conceeded from oppositions corners, so what are we doing wrong. :(

Re: THIS SEASON WE HAVE HAD 236 CORNERS AND HOW MANY GOALS

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:27 pm

thats about the same number of hamstring pulls the players have had,what are we doing wrong there to?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:32 pm

My brother and I were trying to work this out and the only one we could remember was Oli's goal against Hull. Not sure about any others?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:33 pm

It doesnt fill me with any confidence when we get a corner, we are shit! :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Zabier wrote:My brother and I were trying to work this out and the only one we could remember was Oli's goal against Hull. Not sure about any others?

Sure that was from a free kick not a corner.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:37 pm

nobby wrote:
Zabier wrote:My brother and I were trying to work this out and the only one we could remember was Oli's goal against Hull. Not sure about any others?

Sure that was from a free kick not a corner.

Oh Jesus. I was depressed at just the one but none would be horrific. Seriously, in professional football that's not acceptable.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:41 pm

nobby wrote:We have had 236 corners in the league this season, how many have we scored from, i cant think of any. But we certainly have conceeded from oppositions corners, so what are we doing wrong. :(

Super question to which I haven't got an answer, but if we have scored any its not more than one or two.

I fully agree with you, with that amount of corners we should be getting more goals as there is plenty of hight in Jay Oli JET Hudson and Keinan.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:24 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
nobby wrote:We have had 236 corners in the league this season, how many have we scored from, i cant think of any. But we certainly have conceeded from oppositions corners, so what are we doing wrong. :(

Super question to which I haven't got an answer, but if we have scored any its not more than one or two.

I fully agree with you, with that amount of corners we should be getting more goals as there is plenty of hight in Jay Oli JET Hudson and Keinan.

Agree Tony. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:33 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Building on this Tony, how many corners actually go in at the penalty spot region? Most either don't make it past the first man or go too long. That is frustrating alone because even our Sunday League corner taker can hit the penalty spot area every time!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:37 am

Interesting :shock:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:37 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Interesting :shock:

Nukes, go to bed! :lol:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:27 am

I can think of only 2 Bothroyd against Norwich where Gypes heads the ball back across goal from a Whittingham corner and Gypes himself from a JET cross after a short corner again the ball was headed back across goal for Gypes to sweep it in.

Yesterday we saw the miss of the season when Hudson headed the ball wide from inside 6 yard box with a clear header on goal, absolutely unbelieveable. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:18 am

The reason we concede from corners, 2 wordss: zonal marking. As for why we can't score from any, I have no idea

Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:50 pm

last 10 homes games 75 corners 0 goals do we practice corners enough ,over to you mr jones :(

Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Its been the same for years now since Johnson left. Its just as shocking as the comeback stat. These stats about DJ and his tactics are finally coming out and showing wht an inept manager he really is. I REALLY REALLY hooe the Malaysians, players, DJ and pro DJ fans read this. How on earth can they defend those 2 woeful stats without using the phrases 'fa cup final' and:highest league position for years'.

Wake up! We hve an awful manager.