Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DJs post match interview...

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:38 pm

...was a man who is completely going through the mill and doesnt appear to be in control of the situation or his emotions.

The arrogance and shield that we've historically warmed to :D just isn't apparent anymore imo, and in the absence of his previously displayed coolness we are now greeted with what many would percieve as a man flattened by an overwhelming weight of pressure.

We've heard in Mark Robins', Dougie Freedmans, Paul Jewells interviews pre & post match that we're a fixture that clubs are now looking forward to with genuine belief we can be turned. This situation has beem totally manufactured by the clubs hierachical inability to kick on and build from any momentum gained, via absolute abandonment of the basics - we see it on and off the pitch at all levels.

A promotion winning manager will have already constructed a continency with his staff ( not necessarily with the players at this point) ready to be implemented to address the evolved pressure we now battle in prospect, with readily available tactics, training methods, and strategies to execute this week...as clearly the approach adopted to this point is not working when considering the tools he has at this disposal.

I hope DJ is not as naive as many of us suspect in thinking he wont have to do any of this, and will simply trust with patience the existing approach, as we will not get anywhere. We now have to face a form team away from home in what will be a couldron on Saturday - irrelevant of how QPR done there last week if we dont get a result there on Saturday I think its season over for us tbh as the wafer thin structure of passion and bottle instilled by the current regime will crumble.

However if we get the result then it will be so pivotal and play offs or automatic I would fancy us - never has a game hinged more in terms of how a single 90 mins will impact our mindset or approach in recent years than Millwall away, how fitting - and this is written all over DJs post Barnsley match face.

Lets keep the faith for the time being, because we have to :ayatollah:

Re: DJs post match interview...

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:41 pm

I've noticed a change in Jonesy. I think he's demoralised, losing faith himself and possibly even doubts that we will do it this season. I think deep down he knows the buck will stop with him as well. His excuses are only buying him time. He knows, unless it's promotion, he's out of this job.

Re: DJs post match interview...

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:44 pm

Thats what worried me, the realisation that the man steering us appears to be doubting himself...it feels like its all folding within. I hope Im wrong...