Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

7 mil Bid for Ledley

Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:05 am

We never had a bid from anyone close to that amount! Just RIDDLER bigging himself up and making out to us fans "see we didn't need to sell" when infact not even half that amount was bidded, if we did then it would be silly to refuse it!

with him its all about ME ME ME ME and how he can come off smelling of roses

he's not even worth 1mil the kid is a joke "im a cardiff boy and cardiff fan" when infact in school he was a liverpool fan and his parents

Re: 7 mil Bid for Ledley

Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:08 am

Joe is willing to sell his soul to the highest bidder, he has no longer any heart for CCFC

Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:13 am

And who do you blame for that, Joe is Cardiff thru and thru, he's been treated so badly he's lost all heart and passion for our club.
Joe's loyalty couldn't be questioned, but could you say the same for those calling the shots, they are only loyal to who pays the most.PR and Dj have both said publicly they are just here to do a job, well they've done a job on Joe and quite a few others.Mathews is the next for cold shoulder and open to offers mark my words, the seeds have already been sown.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:51 pm

agree with Gwyn....

I'm backing Joe Ledley

Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:55 pm

BigGwynram wrote:And who do you blame for that, Joe is Cardiff thru and thru, he's been treated so badly he's lost all heart and passion for our club.
Joe's loyalty couldn't be questioned, but could you say the same for those calling the shots, they are only loyal to who pays the most.PR and Dj have both said publicly they are just here to do a job, well they've done a job on Joe and quite a few others.Mathews is the next for cold shoulder and open to offers mark my words, the seeds have already been sown.

You cannot put loyalty within finance's Gwyn, its comes within a person. Joe's made that choice of NOT signing a very lucrative contract its Joe and his agent that are holding out for as much as they can benefit form CCFC, its simple........ Greed has taken over passion and he is just another one of the many mercenaries that are happy and willing to bleed our club, so therefore I disagree with the loyalty issue. However, I feel that DJ & PR have alot of responsibility in the demise of any passion at CCFC. Its not Cardiff City as we knew and still have that affection for, my only hope is that if the Malaysians do take over that we'll start from scratch. We need a complete restructure, someone in control that can demand respect as a manager, someone that dont have and clearly shows favouritism, someone that understands the passion and desire of its supporters. But is there such a person out there to guide us, I doubt it. So where do we go from here, Im totally lost and believe that the heart of The City died at Ninian Park along with its soul. I will most probably be shot down for this, but for our success and a rebirth of CCFC my ideal scenario would be immediate removal of PMG & PR and replaced by the Malaysians and place Sam Hamman at the helm, like it or not. Sam brought passion, pride & ambition to the club, albeit to a financial disaster. He knows his mistakes and no doubt learnt from it, but we need someone with his sort of charisma at the club.............. Shoot me down folks.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:45 pm

Sorry to disappoint you, Richard, but I'm not going to shoot you down. I agree with you. But does it mean that the more ambitious we get in trying to reach the Premiership, passion is one of the sacrifices the management think we have to make?

Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:57 pm

Joe's biggest mistake was not signing the contract we offered him. He could have made some easy money then. His refusal sign that contract has me suspecting he might not have signed it as a matter of pride. Maybe he sees the higher wage as more than just money in his pocket, he sees it as status. I might be wrong because I don't know the ins and outs of it but am I correct in thinking that our old offer would have still had him earning less than Mark Hudson? I mean, with all due respect to Hudson, if I was a former club captain and Welsh international regular, I'd have taken a hit to my pride if I was offered less than a defender who we signed from a relegated Championship club.

I'll always back the player if they're wearing our shirt but Joe should have signed what we offered and then negotiated a new deal. He's lost a lot of money by holding out, especially now his form has dipped. Still, hindsight is great. :)

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:49 pm

Joe wasn't allowed to leave to join a premiership club (stoke) which he quite clearly said he was interested in talking to immediately!

Peter Ridsdale says the sale of Aaron Ramsey balanced the books and there was no need to sell Joe.
Just because the books were balanced, this didnt give him the right to deny ANY player to play in the best league in the world?

The lad is ambitious, and should have been given the opportunity to join a club in the top flight. Obviously, Joe is pissed and bitter at the clubs management for not letting him talk to Stoke, and has now lost interest in CCFC unfortunately.

Personally, Ridsdale should have accepted the £6m for Joe back then, which i think he regrets, and maybe we wouldnt be in the mess we are in now?

Is it wrong to deny Ambition, then mask it by questioning loyalty? I think so.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:54 pm

I see what you're saying but I remember at the time everyone thought we should hold out for more. Ledley was on the crest of wave back then and looking like becoming a hugely talented player. This was even before we truly knew how good Ramsey would become. I remember thinking at the time that £6m was a lot for Ledley but maybe we should hold out for £7m due to the lack of depth our midfield had with the sale of Ramsey and no-one else being brought in.

It doesn't matter what has been and gone. That can't be changed. Either Joe should state that he wants to leave in the summer or sign a new contract so everyone knows where they stand. This indecision is only doing bad for both Joe and Cardiff. His head isn't in the right place because he doesn't even know if he'll be with us and Cardiff are suffering because he's not playing as well as we all know he can.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:06 pm

BigGwynram wrote:And who do you blame for that, Joe is Cardiff thru and thru, he's been treated so badly he's lost all heart and passion for our club.

If it was me (and say for example I was Joe ledley) I would just sign, as by doing so, then that would show my love for the fans, not the current board.