Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Darren Dennehy

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:45 am

Seen that he`s gone out on loan to Gillingham so a step up from League 2 with Hereford to League 1 .. I seen him last season makeing his Hereford debut and he looked very good in fairness and had man of the match. Cant understand why he was signed as he hasent featured in a 1st team game that im aware of? .. Good Luck at Gillingham Darren :ayatollah:

Re: Darren Dennehy

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:59 am

How old is he? is he young or not. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:05 pm

He's what, 19? 20? Lost a season to glandular fever recently.

Everton certainly wanted to retain him, obviously not as a first team regular, but certainly can see potential. I'd suspect he's someone we got in for that potential, looking at the longer term.

Saw him play for Ireland u19? u21? on Sky, seemed decent enough.

EDIT... shit, I'm going to look a saddo having replied rather than drooling over that avatar.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:07 pm

Glandular fever can be horrific. That's the main reason Roger Federer lost his form in tennis, because he had it and didn't tell anyone.

My Hereford contacts rate him but that was at a lower level. Still, I think he's one for the future. He's in his early 20s now isn't he? But bear in mind that Johnson and Gerrard were still in the lower leagues at 22, 23 or 24 years of age!