Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LETS LOOK AT THE REAL FACTS

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:25 pm

HeathBlue says, Demonstrations are off the past 80's and the only answer to sorting out the mess is a Shareholders meeting with our Chairman.

I agree and I cant wait for it, BUT WHEN ?

Firsts of all the Trust have to have it in writing that the Club agree to it, As of today they have never had it in writing.
The Club can answer in 21 days if they like, from When they say they have officially agreed to it ?
Then it can then take up to 4 weeks to organise and agree on everything with them.
This in My Opinion will take us to Midd March and thats if The Club play ball :roll:

Over to any one else who has a better or quicker idea, HeathBlue says this is the way and we are well out of date ?

I am def not asking for Demonstrations before Jan 30th, just pointing some facts out.

Re: LETS LOOK AT THE REAL FACTS

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:28 pm

I'm still against demonstrations until February 1st. We need as much backing as possible from all sources and we will only do this by giving the current board the chance to fulfill their promises. Until then we just constantly pester the board with requests and the trust just gets more verbally persistent.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Zabier wrote:I'm still against demonstrations until February 1st. We need as much backing as possible from all sources and we will only do this by giving the current board the chance to fulfill their promises. Until then we just constantly pester the board with requests and the trust just gets more verbally persistent.

Zabier, I am def not asking for Demonstrations before Jan 30th, just pointing some facts out.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Zabier wrote:I'm still against demonstrations until February 1st. We need as much backing as possible from all sources and we will only do this by giving the current board the chance to fulfill their promises. Until then we just constantly pester the board with requests and the trust just gets more verbally persistent.

Agreed, PR could throw it all back in our faces if we do anything before Feb 1st. (Blame fans after promises players and tax paid etc)

After that I reckon there will be no need to "rally the troops", volunteers will be a plenty.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:36 pm

im for waiting til feb 1st BUT NO LATER.
he has to been shown up for what he is. he fucked leeds and now he`s trying to f**k us over..
lets show the rest of the country were not prepared to take it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:36 pm

I remain consistent in my view that the GM should be the pinnacle of a sustained and organised campaign against Ridsdale. Of course the GM is the most important part of it, but were any of us naive enough to believe that the club would do anything other than delay as long as possible? Every day that passes, the more administration becomes an inevitability, yet all we are being asked to do is let nature take its course. Well nature is taking us to extinction while we watch it unfold in front of our eyes doing nothing.

Personally, I would be more unconventional again in saying that anyone who feels as passionately as me about Ridsdale's mismanagement of our club, should not put one more penny into the club whilst he remains here in any capacity. That kind of action would leave the powers that be with no other choice but to listen and more importantly act on the matter, rather than indulging in this politcial minefield which is taking time we simply do not have.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:39 pm

I SAY ARM THE FANS WITH ak47'S AND DEMONSTRATE TOMORROW, THE BOVRIL IS TOO EXPENSIVE :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Zabier, I am def not asking for Demonstrations before Jan 30th, just pointing some facts out.

Yeah, I know Annis. I might be the only one though but I can just feel this atmosphere brewing where some elements of our fan base do want a demonstration earlier and it feels like the carnage could kick off at any moment.

I can see where those who are asking for demonstrations are coming from. It's our money, we want answers and with the club refusing to give answers it's a frustrating time. I think it's good that you're holding off for now though Annis. During this period of due diligence with various potential investors we need to remain calm. We may then stand a better chance of Ridsdale going quicker!

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:56 pm

Zabier wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yeah, I know Annis. I might be the only one though but I can just feel this atmosphere brewing where some elements of our fan base do want a demonstration earlier and it feels like the carnage could kick off at any moment.

I can see where those who are asking for demonstrations are coming from. It's our money, we want answers and with the club refusing to give answers it's a frustrating time. I think it's good that you're holding off for now though Annis. During this period of due diligence with various potential investors we need to remain calm. We may then stand a better chance of Ridsdale going quicker!

I agree Zabier, I dont want carnage, I would rather this all sorted, but I can see the fans patience wearing thin and if this month goes, there will be no talking to some if PR does not deliver.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:09 pm

Surely annis borley and guy have given the Malaysians some sort of time frame,as they are not going to be kept on a shoe string forever.. mid march in my opinion is way to late. Was thinking mid febuary at the latest.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:11 pm

I agree with Annis and I fully understand many fans feeling that they do not want to stand still and do nothing whilst our club appears to be getting destroyed from within.

An EGM' could take many weeks to actually happen or it could be convened in less than a month, it is up to the club really, but by law they can drag their feet, I suggest it is better for them to call this meeting sooner rather than later for everyone’s benefit.

If the fans see nothing positive happening they will naturally react to that and I think sporadic acts and demonstrations of disapproval will happen. That will not be good for the club and bad publicity will follow, also some of our fans could end up getting arrested or banned if things started turning nasty...so its in nobodies interest really...but I can see it happening.

The Trust will continue to try to get the EGM for the fans; that is what we believe is the right thing to do, but that is just our opinion and if fans want to try another route or another strategy then you must respect their rights to hold peaceful demonstrations.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:11 pm

Well Done the Trust for trying to bring the man to account. However as Annis points out "if the club play ball" is a really big ask and that it may well be before end of march before we see any movement. if come te 1st of Feb nothing has happened then i and my family will travel from colchester and protest peacefully with whatever is organised by the fans. AK47s are just a bit to much for me especially being on the receivng end of them of which i have on more than 1 occasion isn't funny!

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:12 pm

boyosback wrote:Surely annis borley and guy have given the Malaysians some sort of time frame,as they are not going to be kept on a shoe string forever.. mid march in my opinion is way to late. Was thinking mid febuary at the latest.

Borley said to me, the Malaysians want to be on board no later than Midd Feb, Thats Our Problem.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:14 pm

What's the odd's that come 30 January we are told 'the takeover is only 3 weeks away please have some patience?'

I'm afraid the process will be a long and hardous one but demonstrations might have a place if this nonsense continues beyond March/April

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:14 pm

Big Ceri wrote:Well Done the Trust for trying to bring the man to account. However as Annis points out "if the club play ball" is a really big ask and that it may well be before end of march before we see any movement. if come te 1st of Feb nothing has happened then i and my family will travel from colchester and protest peacefully with whatever is organised by the fans. AK47s are just a bit to much for me especially being on the receivng end of them of which i have on more than 1 occasion isn't funny!

Thats how I feel too Ceri.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:15 pm

As i informed you on an earlier post! At Barnsley Ridsdale was made to have an EGM force upon him by the other directors and shareholders to see were all the finances were going???? He went awol after the meeting for two weeks and never to be seen again till he turned up at Cardiff! An EGM is the only answer with what ive been told! Pat Cryne forced him out but who takes over from Ridsdale if that happens at the City????? :?

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:17 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:What's the odd's that come 30 January we are told 'the takeover is only 3 weeks away please have some patience?'

I'm afraid the process will be a long and hardous one but demonstrations might have a place if this nonsense continues beyond March/April

We at the wednesday have been promised a takeover for over two years! Its going to happen this week its going to happen next week! We still haven't been taken over to this day!!!!!! :cry:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Borley said to me, the Malaysians want to be on board no later than Midd Feb, Thats Our Problem.

May be we should just accept that we were done over the season ticket money and just settle for the fact that money probably stopped the club going into admin.

The important thing now is to get the Malaysians in and if that happens by Mid-Feb then I for one will settle for that this season. If it doesn't happen and we go beyond Mid-Feb into March then by all means we should organise demonstrations and see if can get enough votes at the AGM to force Ridsdale out.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:20 pm

Waiting till 1st Feb will stitch up Ridsdale good and proper and give him no escape route.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:What's the odd's that come 30 January we are told 'the takeover is only 3 weeks away please have some patience?'

Tony

i believe if Pr is still at this club end of february we will be fucked
Personally i think we should all wait for the close of the transfer window on feb 1st when we have still not paid the tax bill and no players have been brought in.
Our chairman then becomes answerable for all his promises of the tax man paid off and the parade of new signings etc.
In my opinion after that happens his position at the club become's untenable especially as he will have conned more than 10'000 supporters into parting with season ticket money under false pretence's.
Personally if thats what it takes to get rid of him and we miss out on the playoffs then so be it whats another season of frustration in the life of a city fan.
These are simple choices he stays we are fucked he goes we move forward in the right direction with new investment and a viable plan to pay off the debt.
My gun is at the ready but the safety stays on until february :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:34 pm

sam salim wrote:As i informed you on an earlier post! At Barnsley Ridsdale was made to have an EGM force upon him by the other directors and shareholders to see were all the finances were going???? He went awol after the meeting for two weeks and never to be seen again till he turned up at Cardiff! An EGM is the only answer with what ive been told! Pat Cryne forced him out but who takes over from Ridsdale if that happens at the City????? :?

Sam, can he do the same here and make Swansea his next stop.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
sam salim wrote:As i informed you on an earlier post! At Barnsley Ridsdale was made to have an EGM force upon him by the other directors and shareholders to see were all the finances were going???? He went awol after the meeting for two weeks and never to be seen again till he turned up at Cardiff! An EGM is the only answer with what ive been told! Pat Cryne forced him out but who takes over from Ridsdale if that happens at the City????? :?

Sam, can he do the same here and make Swansea his next stop.

I think you will be his last stop! If it goes wrong for him at the city? Who would have him????? :twisted:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:38 pm

my patience have gone,for one reason more than others...and that is the season ticket scheme(SCAM)..we were told buy them and the money will go to new players,well by waiting until end of jan for the tax bill shambles,we will not have any new players as the window will be nearly closed,so then we will demonstrate at the fact we did not have any players!!!!!!!we are going around in circles lads,pr has ripped us off and lied to us.FACT. the prick said TAX BILL WAS PAYED,AND NEW PLAYERS WOULD BE BROUGHT TO THE CLUB.NEITHER HAS HAPPENED.FACTS

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:41 pm

I think we need to try I speed up the agm\egm process for the trust if we can. Is there any way we could do this? Can't we sing/ protest/demo with song and flags with 'We want a EGM, We want a EGM'

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:HeathBlue says, Demonstrations are off the past 80's and the only answer to sorting out the mess is a Shareholders meeting with our Chairman.

I agree and I cant wait for it, BUT WHEN ?

Firsts of all the Trust have to have it in writing that the Club agree to it, As of today they have never had it in writing.
The Club can answer in 21 days if they like, from When they say they have officially agreed to it ?
Then it can then take up to 4 weeks to organise and agree on everything with them.
This in My Opinion will take us to Midd March and thats if The Club play ball :roll:

Over to any one else who has a better or quicker idea, HeathBlue says this is the way and we are well out of date ?

I am def not asking for Demonstrations before Jan 30th, just pointing some facts out.

Stop spending money with the Club and I'm sure that a meeting will come all the quicker!

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:50 pm

ackers1927 wrote:I think we need to try I speed up the agm\egm process for the trust if we can. Is there any way we could do this? Can't we sing/ protest/demo with song and flags with 'We want a EGM, We want a EGM'

Yes the major shareholders need to say enough is enough. The only way they will say that is when they see banners, demonstrations and/or people voting with their feet and staying away from the CCS.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:53 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:Stop spending money with the Club and I'm sure that a meeting will come all the quicker!

Actually that's probably the best idea yet.

If we could organise to boycott a match in protest it would turn heads. If we make the 5th Round and draw a home tie, that just might be a good game to target.

We would need to get faces in the paper etc to explain why we are doing it, but I sure it could be organised and would hit home in the same fashion Middlesbrough fans did earlier this season

Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Demonstrations just dont achieve anything constructive. Basically its a 5 minute wave and not the storm we would all like to give.

To get your point over you need to hurt them that you are demonstrating against. One way to do this is in their pockets. A way of doing this is to have a GROUP ACTION demanding our money back from the sale of season tickets. This is how I would go about it.

1. Come up with a valid argument why we want our money back. This perhaps is the easiest part. It would be quite easy to show why the club asked for us to buy season tickets, that is to bring in new players that will allow us to push for promotion. This subject could be a thread on its own but for now lets just use it as a stepping stone.

2. Get as many STs as possible to sign a petition demanding our money back and get it delivered to PR. Allow for minimum 14 days for payment or some acknowledgment of payment.

3. If the response to the petiton is poor then a letter should be sent to PR advising that a LEGAL GROUP ACTION will be started against the club if payments of all ST money is not paid in full within another 14 days.

4. Failure of the above would trigger some legal action. Another thread needed on this subject as well.

To me this would show than the fans are serious about the situation and would prolong the demonstration alot longer than some guys holding up a banner.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Demonstrations just dont achieve anything constructive. Basically its a 5 minute wave and not the storm we would all like to give.

To get your point over you need to hurt them that you are demonstrating against. One way to do this is in their pockets. A way of doing this is to have a GROUP ACTION demanding our money back from the sale of season tickets. This is how I would go about it.

1. Come up with a valid argument why we want our money back. This perhaps is the easiest part. It would be quite easy to show why the club asked for us to buy season tickets, that is to bring in new players that will allow us to push for promotion. This subject could be a thread on its own but for now lets just use it as a stepping stone.

2. Get as many STs as possible to sign a petition demanding our money back and get it delivered to PR. Allow for minimum 14 days for payment or some acknowledgment of payment.

3. If the response to the petiton is poor then a letter should be sent to PR advising that a LEGAL GROUP ACTION will be started against the club if payments of all ST money is not paid in full within another 14 days.

4. Failure of the above would trigger some legal action. Another thread needed on this subject as well.

To me this would show than the fans are serious about the situation and would prolong the demonstration alot longer than some guys holding up a banner.

good idea. What about everyone turn up at a game, wait for the players to come out of the tunnel then every man jack leave the stadium, that would send a bit of a statement. Whatever is done though needs to be properly organised and away from prying eyes on this board. Let's get some walkey talkeys :lol:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:19 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Demonstrations just dont achieve anything constructive. Basically its a 5 minute wave and not the storm we would all like to give.

I completely agree with your thinking and 100% agree that to make the club take notice we have to hit them in the pocket. The trouble is your plan has the 'locking the stable door once the horse has bolted' look about it.

TBH we wouldn't have a leg to stand on if we tried to get our season ticket money back. The club would only have to say they had every asperation to spend the money raised on players, but were prevented from doing so by the transfer embargo. Any court would accept that as a reasonable explanation even if we know it's bollocks.

That said I believe you are in the right area BA as the club will want our season ticket money for 2010/11 later this year.

I like the petition idea so I would like one drafted declaring that the undersigned will not renew their ST's until Ridsdale steps down as Chairman and let's get as many of the 15k season ticket holders to sign up.

Probably won't do the job on it's own but along with other ideas it could bring the right pressure to bear on the shareholders.