Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NICK MONTGOMERY!!!!

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:44 pm

Update!
I said i would keep you all updated on the Nick montgomery rumours about the city interested in the player!
todays Sheffield paper say's Blackwell has'nt been able to have talks with him because killgallens has gone to sunderland today for a rumoured 2million and his agent is the same one who deals with Montgomery! So something might come to light for you next week? But Blackwell has made Montgomery captain!!!! But we all know what agents are like don't we???? ;) :ayatollah:
I wll let you know if there is any change on the subject!!!!!
Good luck for tomorrow's fa cup clash lads!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: NICK MONTGOMERY!!!!

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Cheers matey! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:47 pm

I'd love him at our club. Not Premiership standard but we need an 'ugly' player in the middle and if we can't get Nick Bailey then he'd be another option for sure. Always liked him.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:48 pm

I may have missed something, but when were we linked with him?

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:52 pm

Ross Young wrote:I may have missed something, but when were we linked with him?

CHOPRA19 Brought it up last week! I said i would let you all know if anything is happening with him!!! ;)

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:44 pm

Surely our precarious financial predicament means we can't get players at the moment and this embargo is still on. The way it's going, our number 1 targets could well have slipped the net and we could end up getting players in for the sake of it and they may not end up strengthening our squad but just be extra bodies. Some may say that is what we ned, but we could end up with quantity rather than quality.

I don't, however, think that Montgomery is a target, but I could be wrong

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Zabier wrote:I'd love him at our club. Not Premiership standard but we need an 'ugly' player in the middle and if we can't get Nick Bailey then he'd be another option for sure. Always liked him.

nicky bailey would be a quality signing

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:08 pm

Monty deserves better than the pigs.

I worry he'd be injured a lot if he came to us though, because he's probably very used to looking up into the sky as the ball flies over him up to Darius Henderson.

Blackwell... what a manager :lol:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:37 pm

sam salim wrote:Update!
I said i would keep you all updated on the Nick montgomery rumours about the city interested in the player!
todays Sheffield paper say's Blackwell has'nt been able to have talks with him because killgallens has gone to sunderland today for a rumoured 2million and his agent is the same one who deals with Montgomery! So something might come to light for you next week? But Blackwell has made Montgomery captain!!!! But we all know what agents are like don't we???? ;) :ayatollah:
I wll let you know if there is any change on the subject!!!!!
Good luck for tomorrow's fa cup clash lads!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers for the update Sam, great start for Irvine 2 good wins onwards and upwards from now on. :ayatollah: