Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Reading Carl's update...

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:34 pm

He mentioned in there that the FAW wanted to use the club's system for selling the tickets but they refused them. Now I don't know the details of this but if it was that straight forward then it was a massive shot in the foot for Cardiff City FC.

The reason being that it would have given the club a massive hard to come by chance at capturing fan data that they don't already have nor likely to get.
Thing is over the years it's been quite easy to capture data about Cardiff fans and it has proven to be worth more than it's weight in gold. Where the club has struggled is capturing data of say your average Man U supporting Wales fan. The point being if you knew you had several thousand people who bought tickets to watch Wales but are not Cardiff fans then you can target them and possibly attract them to the odd game. This is a bit simplistic but I think you get the general idea of the possibilities.
I would have thought the club would have thrown themselves at the opportunity to sell those Wales tickets just for the data capture. It would have also told you exactly how many Cardiff fans bought Wales tickets as well. It would have also told you things like where non Cardiff supporting Wales fans live, their ages, and what kids they might have etc. Loads and loads of stuff.

Like I said perhaps the club had a good reason for turning them away but it surely had to be one massive reason.

Re: Reading Carl's update...

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Look the FAW have cocked it up and with the mess with the ticketing we really don't want to use our system to try and sort it out as it would probably crash and where would that leave us?

Re: Reading Carl's update...

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:09 pm

Igovernor wrote:Look the FAW have cocked it up and with the mess with the ticketing we really don't want to use our system to try and sort it out as it would probably crash and where would that leave us?

It wouldn't crash though. CCFC's system could sell out Wembley no problem, you just set it up as another game with templates to boot. Simple really.