Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LATEST - QPR (Stan)

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:19 am

LATEST

QPR set to escape with fine over Faurlin saga

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...2029-28359740/

QPR are headed towards a slap-on-the-wrists fine from the FA – after Chronicle sport learned the club is confident only one of seven transfer irregularity charges is likely to be proved.

The big fear is the game’s governors will deduct points from the Championship leaders and leave promotion hopes in tatters – but last night there was even greater belief in the Rangers camp they won’t pay the ultimate price.

It is understood QPR chiefs will hold their hands up over the FA registration of Peppino Tirri – the agent involved when midfielder Alejandro Faurlin was signed in the summer of 2009.

Among other alleged offences, Rangers are charged with using an ‘unauthorised agent’, while chairman Gianni Paladini and the club are also charged with submitting false information in documents lodged with the FA when Faurlin signed an extension to his playing contract last October.

The club is confident any so called ‘false information’ charges will be dismissed, but are worried Tirri may have been registered only as a Fifa agent and not on the FA approved list at the time the Argentine player was signed from Instituto de Cordoba two years ago.

An FA spokesman refused to reveal when the 54-year-old Italian was finally admitted to the FA register – but tellingly admitted all ‘Fifa agents have to be registered with the FA as an overseas agent’.

The spokesman added: "This is a sensitive issue and there’s not much more that can be said at the moment.

"The date of the QPR hearing has yet to be confirmed."

Cheers Stan for the Info. :ayatollah:

Re: LATEST - QPR (Stan)

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:24 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:27 am

Well done QPR, Stan & the fans................. Theres a song in there somewhere :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:29 am

Stan-QPR wrote::ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i got a mate steve walsh from your neck of the woods,lived in wales for last 20 years.he follows rangers as much as he can.any chance you would know him stan?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:29 am

RichardBluebird wrote:Well done QPR, Stan & the fans................. Theres a song in there somewhere :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We're not home & dry yet Richard, we all know how inconsistent the F.A. can be but it does look a little more promising I must say.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:30 am

boxerbob wrote:

i got a mate steve walsh from your neck of the woods,lived in wales for last 20 years.he follows rangers as much as he can.any chance you would know him stan?

Do you know what one of my good pals is called Steve Walsh but he's never lived in Wales. You got me there for a second.

My pal Walshy lives in Fulham. What part of our area was he from do you know?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
boxerbob wrote:

Do you know what one of my good pals is called Steve Walsh but he's never lived in Wales. You got me there for a second.

My pal Walshy lives in Fulham. What part of our area was he from do you know?

i know his dad was a fulham fan.he's short n had long hair for years.i think he's in his mid forties

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:37 am

Well, not really good news - the article reads

"learned the club is confident only one of seven transfer irregularity charges is likely to be proved."

So basically, the article is spin from QPR.

Reading some QPR forums are funny - so many people in the know, claiming the punishment would be announced earlier this week. One poster claimed to work with a lawyer who was married to the lawyer who helped draw up the FA regulations :lol:

QPR may be confident - and if the source is Paladini, of course he'd say that.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:37 am

boxerbob wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:
boxerbob wrote:
i know his dad was a fulham fan.he's short n had long hair for years.i think he's in his mid forties

No never had long hair & would look a right tw*t if he did! :lol: will have a think though, if he's a regular goer I'd defo know him if I saw his boat.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:39 am

i just text him where hes from n its w12 :D

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:39 am

nerd wrote:Well, not really good news - the article reads

"learned the club is confident only one of seven transfer irregularity charges is likely to be proved."

Reading some QPR forums are funny - so many people in the know, claiming the punishment would be announced earlier this week. One poster claimed to work with a lawyer who was married to the lawyer who helped draw up the FA regulations :lol:

No smoke without fire nerd.

The fa don't seem to be in any urgency to resolve this?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:40 am

boxerbob wrote:i just text him where hes from n its w12 :D

Ask him what boozer he drinks in or used to drink in. Might narrow it down a bit.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:42 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
nerd wrote:Well, not really good news - the article reads

No smoke without fire nerd.

The fa don't seem to be in any urgency to resolve this?

Yeah, I'm just saying it's clear the source for that article was someone within QPR. Who aren't going to say "us bad, mea culpa" are they?

The urgency issue, it obviously needs to be dealt with ASAP, but they have to make the right decision rather than an expedient one. Equally, QPR had what 14 days to respond - have they responded at all yet? Until that happens, and the explanation given assessed, then nothing really can happen.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:44 am

Stan-QPR wrote:

Ask him what boozer he drinks in or used to drink in. Might narrow it down a bit.

smuts on matchday

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:16 am

boxerbob wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:

smuts on matchday

That's where I go Bob. will defo know him then. The world famous General Smuts public house, the only pub in London where you wipe your feet on the way out! :lol: