Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Eight Game Season

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:38 pm

Has the timing of the international break introduced itself at a welcomed point prior to what is commonly being discussed as the 'eight game season' in April?

I believe it could well work in our favour - we left March behind today on what the club will deem a reasonable high, picking up a well deserved point against a team in form (displayed against the top teams in this division currently) in a hostile environment whilst seemingly showing the passion and guts we've been demanding for what seems to be an eternity now.

As Carl has advised tonight the board have drawn a line and are now backing DJ. This now eleviates any uncertainty within the team and also allows us as fans to prepare our mindset for Derby at home ensuring we eradicate any booing and back the boys to the hilt - knowing that any negativity (that we previously thought may assist in removing the percieved obstruction to our promotion push i.e DJ) will be totally counter productive and worthless.

The break now provides the opportunity for the squad to re-group, recover from the niggles/ injuries and build upon the positives displayed today. A key factor may well prove to be the fact our next game is at home and could possibly provide a huge platform to propel us into the 'eight game season' and embark on a promotion winning run in.

I'm aware that we've already experienced many false dawns in what by Cardiff City standards can already be deemed a crazy season, however I think we may well have witnessed glipses today of a animal thats finally woken and is willing to fight for the cause - this could a more prominent factor to achieve promotion than any comparison to tactical awareness at this point in the season, even more so when considering the teams we have in our run in.

Its take deep breath time, look ourselves in the mirror and decide whether we want and are ready for this - I sincerely hope DJ defies history and reputation to instil this in the team - and he has a clear fortnight to do so.

If Wales get a result on Saturday the club could well have an opportunity to utilise a significant football feel good factor surrounding the Capital, and I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping the next 6 weeks serves up some great memories that will live with us forever.

We need to believe until its impossible...this is Cardiff City lads - fuk the rest...BLUEBIRDS!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Eight Game Season

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:40 pm

Yea thats what the boys need...a bloody break...which means getting pissed every other day..

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:45 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Yea thats what the boys need...a bloody break...which means getting pissed every other day..

If we hear any reports of Chopra-esque wreck ups and partying in the fortnight break they should never be allowed to wear the shirt again imo - and they deserve a fukn slap for doing so.

I'm all for allowing players to balance their lives and enjoy themselves but even a player with a Paul Gascoigne level of intelligence can see this stage of the season is too critical to compromise your performance potential by pissing it up.

Lets hope nothing like that happens...

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:56 pm

Every other club in the top 6 manager and team have the full backing of the supporters so come on all city fans whether you like dj or not let's give the manager and the team our full support for the remaining games let's be that extra man ,let's get ccs rocking for the derby game, 1 win changes everyones outlook on things, the jacks won today and everyone is talking as if they have got everything spot on and are going up in 2nd but until today their form was just as bad as ours they lost to scunny and derby remember

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:07 pm

the blue path wrote:Every other club in the top 6 manager and team have the full backing of the supporters so come on all city fans whether you like dj or not let's give the manager and the team our full support for the remaining games let's be that extra man ,let's get ccs rocking for the derby game, 1 win changes everyones outlook on things, the jacks won today and everyone is talking as if they have got everything spot on and are going up in 2nd but until today their form was just as bad as ours they lost to scunny and derby remember

One win...thats all it might take for lift off, lets hope so :ayatollah: