Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Love this board, so many angry people "

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:52 am

Chill the f**k out like.

I've seen posts on here tonight calling Jones a wanker, a disgrace, a dick and the players have been called, on more than one occasion in recent weeks, gutless, cowards and gawd knows what else.

It's hilarious that Jones gets more abuse than the players themselves.

It's hilarious that people RAGE about the possibility of us maybe perhaps not getting promoted, which may or may not happen in equal measure still, but indicates an ignorant, perhaps even stupid lack of foresight and reason in the first place.

It's hilarious that while a few make some excellent points for a change of manager
(which I still can't bring myself to accept will be anything but detrimental to the club right now, that's just my opinion man), the overwhelming majority of people demanding that change
(many without offering a credible alternative - no, Martin O'Neil is not a credible alternative and not many managers will look at a club who sack their manager whilst in fourth and think "yeah, that's somewhere I wanna be to further my career")
are doing so without valid reason, without an ability to counter any arguments put back to them and basically with the same amount of arrogance as those who feel we have a divine right to promotion in the first place - which we've already established on here, we don't.

It's hilarious that some people seem to think that Terry Burton, despite being a part of the coaching staff that they believe are "failing", should replace Jones as manager with immediate effect.

It's just a good laugh.

Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the theory that life is serious. Apparently, some famous bloke said that (I really couldn't give a toss who it was) and I couldn't agree more.

The events of today, thankfully with what appears to be a positive outcome, touch wood, must surely make people realise that it is only football.

Re: Love this board, so many angry people

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:51 am

Good post that :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:32 am

"There's nowt queerer than folk" says it all really.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:51 am

I think what it is Dave ,is that at the start of the season with Bellers coming into the squad every one thought WOOOOOwwwww Thats it we are going up. Also to be fair Dave himself told the fans that this was the best squad we have ever had,and to be fair again , he is right.

When you look at the team on paper it looks balanced and Very strong,and again to be fair we start well and just went from good , to very very good. But come November the big slump come yet again. from there we have not really got back on track,try as we have. So someone has to take the blame for this, Players ? or Manager, but someone has to.

I myself think once Dj has given his team what he wants them to do ,its down to the players to do it. If they dont its up to him to force them to play the way HE wants them to play. And to be fair I have come to see what the DJ out boys has said , HE will never stand up and say he MAY have got it wrong. I myself have always been right behined DJ but even I have had to think twice about it. Also we can also blame the players and would be right to do so, but lets remember he DJ brought them here, there his team he picked them,so if we are saying the players are not as good as we thought then again thats down to him he picked them and set out the team. I would love DJ to prove he was right ,but it looks very wobbley at this time.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:02 am

Dave its Called PASSION FOR OUR CLUB. Fans take their Frustration out in All different ways, I do it on here, BUT WHEN I WATCH CITY, I DONT BOO, I GIVE 100% SINGING/CHEERING FOR OUR TEAM :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dave its Called PASSION FOR OUR CLUB. Fans take their Frustration out in All different ways, I do it on here, BUT WHEN I WATCH CITY, I DONT BOO, I GIVE 100% SINGING/CHEERING FOR OUR TEAM :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good post.

Bring on Derby in 2 weeks time. I'll be in Ninian Stand 117 cheering on the boys.

Re: " Love this board, so many angry people "

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:14 pm

I do not find it funny that there is a good chance that we could feck up a very good chance to go up to the prem the dream we all have by a manager gambling with the future of the club and fecking it up because he has no passion or plan B.

If we fail this season we could lose Jay Bothroyd Chris Burke already lost Adam Mathews. We will lose all the loan players so we will be in a right mess if we fail to go up this year I am sorry but I have lost my humour as I can not see anything funny in all that to the club I love plus and the Jacks may do it :cry:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:13 pm

I want dave jones job :!: 800,000 for leaning against the dug out with hands in pockets, All you have to do is make your team concede a goal straight after we score :roll: Take off our best player off and stick any reserve on thats nearest the dugout. Tell everyone that with my experience i will put it to the test :roll: Blame all the injury problems other teams dont get. Play player's out of position on a regular basis. Theres a 25% chance we will go up via the play offs :old: With my lucky 3/4 length black coat on you never know 8-) Dont talk to the media send some one else :? Lend a few bob or two off the malaysians :o Grab any 3rd choice goalkeeper from another championship side :roll:

Daves good points fair play he was worried about the lad that fell ( fair play )

Personally i think we will go up through the play offs ..

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:46 pm

You're in dream world Dave! I've yet to see any single bit of evidence in your posts that backs up why we should believe in DJ yet there gas been plenty of facts that show we are bottling it again!! 8 wins out if 23 with the squad we have?? As for oneill you would have saud we were dreaming about Bellamy but look what happened!!! If we offered him a huge bonus for taking us up and a two month contract why is it so inconcievable?? Tell me tactically why jones is doing so well at the moment?? Explain to mr the logic behind his thinking!

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:20 pm

I'll admit I'd had a few when I wrote that!

But the point still stands.

Too many people focus on the worst that can happen in life, rather than the best that can happen.

Be positive. You never know. You just never know.

Annis, I get your point about most people just venting things on here but then you've got to admit that there's people down CCS on a matchday who get on our players' backs quicker than French rugby fans.

Jimbo27, your point about Bellamy can be relayed to our promotion hopes. Why is it so inconceivable. We're doing everything we need to to be in with a chance at the end of the season. And on a side note, O'Neill has FAR more to lose by coming here (nobody EVER signs on a two month contract - THAT is living in a dream world) than he stands to gain by some hyperinflated wages. And what if he failed? The Malaysians, the club, the fans who called for the move and, of course, O'Neill himself would all look bloody stupid.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:23 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Chill the f**k out like.

I've seen posts on here tonight calling Jones a wanker, a disgrace, a dick and the players have been called, on more than one occasion in recent weeks, gutless, cowards and gawd knows what else.

It's hilarious that Jones gets more abuse than the players themselves.

It's hilarious that people RAGE about the possibility of us maybe perhaps not getting promoted, which may or may not happen in equal measure still, but indicates an ignorant, perhaps even stupid lack of foresight and reason in the first place.

It's hilarious that while a few make some excellent points for a change of manager
(which I still can't bring myself to accept will be anything but detrimental to the club right now, that's just my opinion man), the overwhelming majority of people demanding that change
(many without offering a credible alternative - no, Martin O'Neil is not a credible alternative and not many managers will look at a club who sack their manager whilst in fourth and think "yeah, that's somewhere I wanna be to further my career")
are doing so without valid reason, without an ability to counter any arguments put back to them and basically with the same amount of arrogance as those who feel we have a divine right to promotion in the first place - which we've already established on here, we don't.

It's hilarious that some people seem to think that Terry Burton, despite being a part of the coaching staff that they believe are "failing", should replace Jones as manager with immediate effect.

It's just a good laugh.

Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the theory that life is serious. Apparently, some famous bloke said that (I really couldn't give a toss who it was) and I couldn't agree more.

The events of today, thankfully with what appears to be a positive outcome, touch wood, must surely make people realise that it is only football.

Surely the height of arrogance is to find other people's passion and opinion hilarious?

Further it might be more poignant to remember that ‘those who live in glasshouses shouldn’t throw stones’

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:39 pm

Dave - I admire your optimism but as you live in Sheffield I take it that through no fault of your own you can't make many games? In my experience it's the fans who can't make all the games that want Dj to stay as they don't see first hand what a mess he is making of things! I don't doubt your a passionate supporter however! As for oneill do you really think he wouldn't be tempted by a two month contract on a huge bonus if we go up? If ge doesn't fancy it fair enough but he certainly would give it some thought! We all want city to go up but I fear we won't with DJ in charge!