Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THIS EASY RUN IN ? "

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:16 am

This easy run in we are are suppose to have had and are still suppose to be having ? Hmm

This is a Question to Dave Jones Fans or any City Fans ?

Right Ipswich/C.Palace/Barnsley/Millwall 12pts at stake All against Mediocre teams We achieved 2pts from 12pts.

So Will Sheffield UTD/Preston Away be any Easier because they are even Lower as they are in the Bottom 3 ?
Pompey and Boro and Derby home middle of the road teams ? Although I expect Pompey to be there or there about knocking on the play off doors.
Yes We do have Derby home and Doncaster Away Surely 6pts there .
Finally Burnley Away Our last game of the Season, Will be very interesting.

After yesterdays game Jones said - "We have got an eight-game season now. I always said if we could be in touch with the top teams at this stage of the season, then we have a great shout. It almost doesn't matter what has happened before. We're four points off second and we've got a great chance."

We had a twelve match season two weeks ago!! - So taking two points from four games which is our current form will see us finish outside the play offs when realistically we should be looking at the top two and as was SAID by some within the club only a few weeks ago the title itself.

We were two points clear at the start of November .

I have Said it All along Yes WE DO HAVE A CLASS SQUAD/TEAM and STILL BELIEVE WE WERE CAPABLE OF BEING IN QPR'S POSITION .

Did Something go wrong ? and If So What ?

To All THE DJ FANS, WHERE IS THE PROBLEM PLEASE ?
IF ITS NOT DJ'S FAULT WHO'S IS IT ?

Re: " THIS EASY RUN IN ? "

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:23 am

There is no easy run in mate, every team is fighting for something if only pride, the teams just outside the play offs are fighting to get into the play offs and the rest fighting to stay out of the drop zone. Also cos of the top teams dropping points all the other teams are now like waiting to try to see if they can get points from the top teams. I think alot of teams have worked out how to stop us and other teams, with us take out Bellers and jay and they have a chance. No easy run in for anyone .

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:31 am

I think Jones needs to be replaced now and let the new manager energise our team.
There seems no togetherness in our squad.
I stated at start of the season we would finish 8th and unfortunately I may be right although I really hope Im wrong. Im in Spain today to watch Malaga v Espanyol. At least the last few weeks have taken my mind off whats happening back in the UK as everyone seems so negative and I can understand with our results and our so called stars in the team not performing.
Im back for the Wales v England game though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:34 am

Annis the 8 game season is yet another classic example of spin from DJ and this come hard on the heels of eating, breathing and living football. The result of that piece of spin is 2 points from 12 and thats the whole problem with spin it always lacks substance.

I'm sorry to say but IMO even Carl is guilty of using it as if you remember he said if we were within 2 points of the top 2 at the end of February we would get automatic promotion, by Thursday this had changed to we may lose at Millwall but we would smash Derby after the International break and then move on to achieve automatic promotion.

The difference is Carl is speaking from his heart because he is a true fan and just wants to believe it is going to happen, DJ by comparision is talking from his arse.

In reality no one can call what is going to happen a bit like the referee changing his penalty decision yesterday because the 4th official told him it wasn't a penalty.

Our season is going to go down to fate and after all the money and resouce given the manager that is not acceptable.

Just my opinion of course. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:37 am

castleblue wrote:Annis the 8 game season is yet another classic example of spin from DJ and this come hard on the heels of eating, breathing and living football. The result of that piece of spin is 2 points from 12 and thats the whole problem with spin it always lacks substance.

I'm sorry to say but IMO even Carl is guilty of using it as if you remember he said if we were within 2 points of the top 2 at the end of February we would get automatic promotion, by Thursday this had changed to we may lose at Millwall but we would smash Derby after the International break and then move on to achieve automatic promotion.

The difference is Carl is speaking from his heart because he is a true fan and just wants to believe it is going to happen, DJ by comparision is talking from his arse.

In reality no one can call what is going to happen a bit like the referee changing his penalty decision yesterday because the 4th official told him it wasn't a penalty.

Our season is going to go down to fate and after all the money and resouce given the manager that is not acceptable.

Sadly Castleblue You are Spot on Regarding Dave Jones and Carl.

Pop in the Ninian Pub before a game one day, I really would like to put a face to someone who writes some brilliant posts on this Forum :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:13 pm

The pro DJ and anit DJ guys now have one thing in common, we are all living in hope that something happens to save our season. We all want an auto place but lets me honest, all of us have lost confidence in getting one. I would even say the board have lost confidence there and also have lost their bottle in doing something about it.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:Annis the 8 game season is yet another classic example of spin from DJ and this come hard on the heels of eating, breathing and living football. The result of that piece of spin is 2 points from 12 and thats the whole problem with spin it always lacks substance.

Sadly Castleblue You are Spot on Regarding Dave Jones and Carl.

Pop in the Ninian Pub before a game one day, I really would like to put a face to someone who writes some brilliant posts on this Forum :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I will one day but for now I would like to book a place on the forum bus to the playoff final.

As long as I could give Carl big licks regarding his support of DJ this season. Hopefully only on the way up but any repeat of last season and I may have to include the return journey. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:08 pm

Surely Jones is a gonner in may. As yet another season fizzles out.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Annis, there is no easy run in for any team especially ours. I find it dis-respectful to the other 23 teams in the championship who ALL have worse squads than ours to say this. What we are actually saying is IF the players performed better, IF they were motivated better, IF they were organised then yes, we would have on paper a so called more comfortable run in than others. This is where we are going wrong, we have a superior squad than any one and they have been led to believe that they only have to turn up and win games. A better manager would have kicked arses and properly man-managed this lot into realising that this isn't the case.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:57 pm

No game is easy certainly teams like Sheff U & Preston who are fighting relegation and I always fear Preston after 2 seasons ago I remember thinking we will win this and play off her we come then we lost 6-0 and turned out to be the most costly game all season that year.

Doncaster are not a bad team at home either and Derby did Swansea over so they could do us its nail bitting all over again to make the play offs at the moment I really can not see Norwich failing now a good side with fight in them but anything can happen.

But I am certain on this if we had Warnock or the Norwich manager we would be where QPR are top of the League by 10 + points when you look how good we can be like against Leeds away Norwich home then I can not help but blame Jones.

sorry

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:47 pm

I really think our run will start with the next game ;) I am 100% positive :mrgreen:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:This easy run in we are are suppose to have had and are still suppose to be having ? Hmm

This is a Question to Dave Jones Fans or any City Fans ?

Right Ipswich/C.Palace/Barnsley/Millwall 12pts at stake All against Mediocre teams We achieved 2pts from 12pts.

So Will Sheffield UTD/Preston Away be any Easier because they are even Lower as they are in the Bottom 3 ?
Pompey and Boro and Derby home middle of the road teams ? Although I expect Pompey to be there or there about knocking on the play off doors.
Yes We do have Derby home and Doncaster Away Surely 6pts there .
Finally Burnley Away Our last game of the Season, Will be very interesting.

After yesterdays game Jones said - "We have got an eight-game season now. I always said if we could be in touch with the top teams at this stage of the season, then we have a great shout. It almost doesn't matter what has happened before. We're four points off second and we've got a great chance."

We had a twelve match season two weeks ago!! - So taking two points from four games which is our current form will see us finish outside the play offs when realistically we should be looking at the top two and as was SAID by some within the club only a few weeks ago the title itself.

We were two points clear at the start of November .

I have Said it All along Yes WE DO HAVE A CLASS SQUAD/TEAM and STILL BELIEVE WE WERE CAPABLE OF BEING IN QPR'S POSITION .

Did Something go wrong ? and If So What ?

To All THE DJ FANS, WHERE IS THE PROBLEM PLEASE ?
IF ITS NOT DJ'S FAULT WHO'S IS IT ?

No games are easy, but it is an easier run in that Norwich and Swansea, there is no time for negativity now, we can still do this if we stick together. The board is backing Jones Financially and we are looking at loan strikers, Heaton will be back soon and our luck must change soon!!!

Keep the Faith, we are not in the driving seat but we are still in there !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Bluebina, I would say we're more 'in the boot' than the driving seat

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:04 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Bluebina, I would say we're more 'in the boot' than the driving seat

Maybe the back seat :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:06 pm

As carl said he not going yet so stop this anti jones shit for now for the sake of the club an the sheep who hang on your every word

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Cardiffcityfc wrote:As carl said he not going yet so stop this anti jones shit for now for the sake of the club an the sheep who hang on your every word

HOW MANY TIMES

PLENTY of people dislike the way our team is managed, and it is off their own backs.

WE ARE NOT SHEEP, we all are and have made up our own minds, so stop trying to label us as sheep such just because you disagree with sense and measure.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:16 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Bluebina, I would say we're more 'in the boot' than the driving seat

Sadly, I think we are on the roof rack, hanging on until there is a slow down and we can get back into one of the seats.

But....I am sure it will slow down and a seat will again become available.

There will also be a few twists and turns, with a few more pot holes appearing over the next few weeks. We just have to make sure our tyres are in good condition, and avoid those pot holes. :shock:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:57 pm

I might be sailing off on my own here but I honestly believe this season went wrong when DJ abandoned the successful 4-5-1/4-3-3 system deployed with such success in early season with the Doncaster and Portsmouth games being the outstanding examples.

That system was born out of the first injury to Michael Chopra who was replaced by an extra midfielder rather than another striker.

Unfortunately if you are to get the best out of Chops then you have to play 4-4-2 and that system doesn't work well for us because we have too many soft or over the hill central midfielders.

However, the 5 man midfield worked well in early season especially when Danny Drinkwater was here.

When Chops returned we were back to 4-4-2 and struggled, the Ramsey month apart.

Another contributory factor was Chris Burke, who revelled when asked to get further forward as part of the 4-5-1/4-3-3 system. My overwhelming memory was Burke laying on goal after goal for Bothroyd which led to his England call up.

Burke was dumped in favour of JET in January and although I like the boy and can see his potential, it simply hasn't worked out for him.

I just wish we had stuck with that system and indeed I would like to see us return to it for the final 8 games with Parkin taking over from Bothroyd.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:01 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I might be sailing off on my own here but I honestly believe this season went wrong when DJ abandoned the successful 4-5-1/4-3-3 system deployed with such success in early season with the Doncaster and Portsmouth games being the outstanding examples.

That system was born out of the first injury to Michael Chopra who was replaced by an extra midfielder rather than another striker.

Unfortunately if you are to get the best out of Chops then you have to play 4-4-2 and that system doesn't work well for us because we have too many soft or over the hill central midfielders.

However, the 5 man midfield worked well in early season especially when Danny Drinkwater was here.

When Chops returned we were back to 4-4-2 and struggled, the Ramsey month apart.

Another contributory factor was Chris Burke, who revelled when asked to get further forward as part of the 4-5-1/4-3-3 system. My overwhelming memory was Burke laying on goal after goal for Bothroyd which led to his England call up.

Burke was dumped in favour of JET in January and although I like the boy and can see his potential, it simply hasn't worked out for him.

I just wish we had stuck with that system and indeed I would like to see us return to it for the final 8 games with Parkin taking over from Bothroyd.

Bollocks, dogs bollocks that is. :ayatollah:

Just have to look at the results then and now to see how spot on that is.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:The pro DJ and anit DJ guys now have one thing in common, we are all living in hope that something happens to save our season. We all want an auto place but lets me honest, all of us have lost confidence in getting one. I would even say the board have lost confidence there and also have lost their bottle in doing something about it.

Spot on Ian :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Blue Steel wrote:Annis, there is no easy run in for any team especially ours. I find it dis-respectful to the other 23 teams in the championship who ALL have worse squads than ours to say this. What we are actually saying is IF the players performed better, IF they were motivated better, IF they were organised then yes, we would have on paper a so called more comfortable run in than others. This is where we are going wrong, we have a superior squad than any one and they have been led to believe that they only have to turn up and win games. A better manager would have kicked arses and properly man-managed this lot into realising that this isn't the case.

Warnock would of prob been 20 pts clear with this squad. They need man Management and the right Manager.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:34 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I might be sailing off on my own here but I honestly believe this season went wrong when DJ abandoned the successful 4-5-1/4-3-3 system deployed with such success in early season with the Doncaster and Portsmouth games being the outstanding examples.

Bollocks, dogs bollocks that is. :ayatollah:

Just have to look at the results then and now to see how spot on that is.

I 2nd that :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Whatever the speculation, even if we are clear favourites... the game always starts at 0-0 and let it takes its course from there :old: . I could be slated but just a personal opinion. I find that most teams whether promotion-chasing or relegation-survivers. all of them will want to gain those 3 points towards their objectives at the end of the season..

Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:53 pm

I told you all we would go on a run!! Inside info .... not (Carl) :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:57 pm

erinsown wrote:I told you all we would go on a run!! Inside info .... not (Carl) :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Inside info! :lol:

How does some one give inside info on future team spirit!!!! :shock:

Have you been visiting fortune tellers in Swansea?

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Ok big gwyn told me ;) But he will not take the credit for it :roll: He said watch us go there will be no stopping us now and i believed it 110%

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:00 pm

barry boy wrote:

Sadly, I think we are on the roof rack, hanging on until there is a slow down and we can get back into one of the seats.

But....I am sure it will slow down and a seat will again become available.

There will also be a few twists and turns, with a few more pot holes appearing over the next few weeks. We just have to make sure our tyres are in good condition, and avoid those pot holes. :shock:

Looking back, that's a fantastic analogy :lol:

Mind you... if it's not Dave Jones' fault, whose is it? ;) :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:15 pm

it used to be, the top teams fighting, for promotion, bottom teams now realizing that, they really are going down, and give 110%, and the middle teams going nowhere, just passing the rest of the games bye,,, its, still much the same, top and bottom, but now, these middle teams, just love to mess other teams chances up, just to say we helped, in that team, not going up, :roll: maybe?

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:19 pm

ninianblue wrote: just to say we helped, in that team, not going up, :roll: maybe?

Nope. Just to say "keep me next season, I'm not as bad as our midtable position would suggest".

Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:55 pm

;) :mrgreen: