Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " DAVE JONES MAKES ME SICK "

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:05 pm

annis you're forgetting something,...HES A SCOUSA ITS NEVER HIS FAULT :lol:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:06 pm

The thing is, he's right.

I don't think he was having a go at the backing yesterday, and if he was he would have brought up bottle incidents and the like. In general though, it's clear SOME people expect far too much too easily, and have forgotten where the club was only a few years back.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:06 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:HIS EXACT WORDS TO THE MEDIA AFTER YESTERDAYS GAME

This reporter says Cardiff have missed out in the last two campaigns after looking strong for promotion.

Jones hit back. "we've raised expectations at this club. People think we should be like Real Madrid and Barcelona and forget where we've come from."

He shouldn't act like he is a big world renowned manager then. Dave 2 gloves has everything in his life how he wants it, golf all week, etc etc. Nothing to work for.

AND OUR FANS SPEND ALL THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY and THEN GIVE THEIR TIME UP TO FOLLOW CARDIFF CITY THE LENGTH and BREADTH OF THE COUNTRY and ALL DJ DOES IS HAVE A POP AT THEM, ITS NOT ON.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:08 pm

PtB wrote:The thing is, he's right.

I don't think he was having a go at the backing yesterday, and if he was he would have brought up bottle incidents and the like. In general though, it's clear SOME people expect far too much too easily, and have forgotten where the club was only a few years back.

agree, we have come a long way in a short time and we have been expecting a lot recently which to some people may be expecting too much, but with a team like ours what should we be expecting? tbh it has to be autos. i will be happy with play offs because we have a chance to go up but everyone is worried about the potential hurt. everyone wants autos

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Paul
But for the last 3 Seasons he has SAID " THIS IS THE BEST EVER TEA/SQUAD I HAVE EVER HAD " Also He is paid Nearly a Million £ a year with Expenses.

HIS EXACT WORDS TO THE MEDIA AFTER YESTERDAYS GAME

This reporter says Cardiff have missed out in the last two campaigns after looking strong for promotion.

Jones hit back. "we've raised expectations at this club. People think we should be like Real Madrid and Barcelona and forget where we've come from."[/quote]

Expectations are high there is no denying that fact and its true that we expect or demand to go up automatically because we have been told we have the best players.

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:annis you're forgetting something,...HES A SCOUSA ITS NEVER HIS FAULT :lol:

Thieving b*stard :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:13 pm

In August, I would have settled for a play off spot again to be honest. Yes, we have a more than capable squad, but they have to earn the right to go up. The players are failing as much as the manager, yet only DJ and Lee Naylor seem to be copping any flak. DJ could take us up, and many would still hate him - and he knows it.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:14 pm

lewis91 wrote:

agree, we have come a long way in a short time and we have been expecting a lot recently which to some people may be expecting too much, but with a team like ours what should we be expecting? tbh it has to be autos. i will be happy with play offs because we have a chance to go up but everyone is worried about the potential hurt. everyone wants autos

Well said Lewis

The point of him being given Bellamy, Oli, Koumas, and everything else in wages was to improve on last years position; something much more acheiveable given the weaker squads around us, and the extra investment in wages. We've a right to want better than we have, considering the wages. Theres no point looking at a few years back, last season is the one that you compare it to - play off final. Acceptable improvement this season, considering all I've said above, is an automatic position. We wouldn't have had such a high wage budget for Lord Jones this season if those in charge wanted us in the play offs.

So the fact he still thinks he can insult us for questioning him is a disgrace

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:15 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:HIS EXACT WORDS TO THE MEDIA AFTER YESTERDAYS GAME

Jones hit back. "we've raised expectations at this club. People think we should be like Real Madrid and Barcelona and forget where we've come from."

Expectations are high there is no denying that fact and its true that we expect or demand to go up automatically because we have been told we have the best players.[/quote]

Correct Richard and Look at the players we have and THEIR WAGES.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Paul
But for the last 3 Seasons he has SAID " THIS IS THE BEST EVER TEA/SQUAD I HAVE EVER HAD " Also He is paid Nearly a Million £ a year with Expenses.

I appreciate that mate -but like I say - it's the squad that is failing him just now. We should be able to play Hudson up top and Bellamy at sweeper and still win - why aren;t they doing it? They've shown throughout the season that we are more than a match for any team in this division, so what's going wrong now? Sometimes his change in tactics or selection can be to blame, but not always. Why is Jay not scoring goals etc?

As for his wages etc - that's down to the folk that employed him - we would all accept an offer like that if it was forthcoming!!!!

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:19 pm

There is no need whatsoever...its almost as if he has to try an ATTEMPT at any opportunity to re-affirm his authority and impose his experience/ knowledge on any member of the media who he clearly doesn't respect at any level, accompanied with a choice of words that makes the respect ( or lack of it) he has for Cardiff as fan base and football community all too transparent.

When on the Football league show Friday night he was asked a general question from the presenter re his ability to keep his pulse rate down at this stage of the season and his reply was "You need to able to keep your blood pressure down at Cardiff, I can tell you that!". Again no need and just shows him up as the arrogant knob head he is. Needless to say I dont like him, never have...

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:annis you're forgetting something,...HES A SCOUSA ITS NEVER HIS FAULT :lol:

Thieving b*stard :lol: :lol:

ah scousas you gotta loathe em :lol:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
boxerbob wrote:you are becoming increasingly obsessed with dj annis.nearly everyone of your posts is slating him.he frustrates the hell out of me sometimes!you must be on some sort of mission to get him out :oops:

GET THE FACTS RIGHT DJ IS OBSESSED WITH SLAGGING OFF OUR FANS EVERY TIME WE DONT WIN. OPEN YOUR EYES.

surely not every time. and barring if he made any comment regarding this fan that is jibe is more at our expectations than the fans themselves. I'm sure i've heard him even defending our right to boo the team however unacceptable we feel that to be

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:30 pm

lewis91 wrote:

Well said Lewis

The point of him being given Bellamy, Oli, Koumas, and everything else in wages was to improve on last years position; something much more acheiveable given the weaker squads around us, and the extra investment in wages. We've a right to want better than we have, considering the wages. Theres no point looking at a few years back, last season is the one that you compare it to - play off final. Acceptable improvement this season, considering all I've said above, is an automatic position. We wouldn't have had such a high wage budget for Lord Jones this season if those in charge wanted us in the play offs.

So the fact he still thinks he can insult us for questioning him is a disgrace

exactly mate. how does DJ expect us to react to not making autos? we are spending so much money on wages and we have obviously improved the squad throughout and to get the same position or worse is a disgrace. the league is hard theres no doubt about that but if we fail to go up then bye bye jones. we are going to lose players at the end of the season whether we get promoted or not but if we dont...then we know exactly what to change and what sort of characters we need within the team and by saying that, jones will not be apart of it. he's had many years at the club and he has done well especially with play offs and fa cup final but we want promotion and if we don't achieve it this season then in my opinion we will not make it with DJ. we are good enough for the top 2, we have some injuries atm but this is going to take a big effort from the whole club. we will make it :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 pm

Pillock!!! Who on earth expects us to be like real Madrid? I tell you what we expect Dave, when we add ten new players to a squad that got to the play off final, including Craig Bellamy, have one if the highest paid managers outside the top flight, one of the largest wage bills and hear your good self describe this as the best squad you have had, we expect to go up automatically from English footballs second tier, especially when it is the weakest in years due to the poor standard of teams that were relegated from the prem last year! Stop moaning and just deliver! If you don't then will you finally run out of excuses and look at yourself?

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Pillock!!! Who on earth expects us to be like real Madrid? I tell you what we expect Dave, when we add ten new players to a squad that got to the play off final, including Craig Bellamy, have one if the highest paid managers outside the top flight, one of the largest wage bills and hear your good self describe this as the best squad you have had, we expect to go up automatically from English footballs second tier, especially when it is the weakest in years due to the poor standard of teams that were relegated from the prem last year! Stop moaning and just deliver! If you don't then will you finally run out of excuses and look at yourself?

Mate, it seems that even if he runs out of excuses, there will always be followers to defend his every move

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm pretty sure the quote from DJ about our expectations (Real/Barca etc) as fans was before the game. In this interview nothing is mentioned about our expectations just pure concern about our fellow bluebird that fell from the upper tier.Have a listen to his interview on the bbc :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 426549.stm.

Any chance you can find that interview where DJ says that ? would like to hear it.
If the board are backing him he's not going anywhere. I supposed people that are anti DJ have probably got it the easiest : We go up it will be because of the players. We don't you'll get your wish and DJ will be gone.
Thought we showed a lot more fight in the game compared to recent games. But this topic is taking the obsession with him a little too far !!! you could see how worried he was for our fan. My opinion (obviously)

I was at the game, and I have to say our support was awesome throughout, saying that our away support always is because were bluebirds. !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:02 pm

must admit i didnt like the way he rrferred to the players being worried/distracted by the guy whoo fell, i HOPE i misunderstood him and that it wasnt an excuse

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:09 pm

TH63 wrote:must admit i didnt like the way he rrferred to the players being worried/distracted by the guy whoo fell, i HOPE i misunderstood him and that it wasnt an excuse

I worried about the same. Without being critical, I wondered how a team could manage to score twice more if it had affected them that badly. I hope it wasn't an excuse either.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:53 pm

TH63 wrote:must admit i didnt like the way he rrferred to the players being worried/distracted by the guy whoo fell, i HOPE i misunderstood him and that it wasnt an excuse

I worried about the same. Without being critical, I wondered how a team could manage to score twice more if it had affected them that badly. I hope it wasn't an excuse either.

He is Absolutely Pathetic.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:00 am

let's be honest though, who wouldn't be affected by that? there would probably be something worse said if they weren't bothered by it

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:06 am

Forever Blue wrote:
boxerbob wrote:you are becoming increasingly obsessed with dj annis.nearly everyone of your posts is slating him.he frustrates the hell out of me sometimes!you must be on some sort of mission to get him out :oops:

GET THE FACTS RIGHT DJ IS OBSESSED WITH SLAGGING OFF OUR FANS EVERY TIME WE DONT WIN. OPEN YOUR EYES.

That's not 100% true. I've heard him praise us loads of times and even stick up for us when there's booing.....and before you say anything I'm not a DJ fan and think we'd be up by now if Warnock was in charge. But he does get on my nerves when he keeps referring to "this part of the world"........it's a phrase he uses when he's talking about expectations which he thinks are unreasonably high around these parts. Personally I've never expected us to get promotion....I hope but don't expect. Much of the time I think he has a dig at the local media but it can come across as having a dig at the fans. And why are you SHOUTING????

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:HIS EXACT WORDS TO THE MEDIA AFTER YESTERDAYS GAME

He shouldn't act like he is a big world renowned manager then. Dave 2 gloves has everything in his life how he wants it, golf all week, etc etc. Nothing to work for.

AND OUR FANS SPEND ALL THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY and THEN GIVE THEIR TIME UP TO FOLLOW CARDIFF CITY THE LENGTH and BREADTH OF THE COUNTRY and ALL DJ DOES IS HAVE A POP AT THEM, ITS NOT ON.

Nothing in that quote seems to be having a pop at those who went to Millwal

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:34 am

Forever Blue wrote:
EC95 wrote:He was talking about himself and the team as a whole being worried about the fan

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Mat ... 98,00.html

Read his quotes in the News of the World today.

NEWS OF THE WORLD :shock: christ annis i thought you`d be a guardian reader being a businessman ... the only thing that is true in the NOTW is the date and price! :lol:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:02 am

AHERNE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
EC95 wrote:He was talking about himself and the team as a whole being worried about the fan

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Mat ... 98,00.html

Read his quotes in the News of the World today.

NEWS OF THE WORLD :shock: christ annis i thought you`d be a guardian reader being a businessman ... the only thing that is true in the NOTW is the date and price! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Daily Mail Monday to Friday, but then I like the juicy Gossip on a Sunday :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:55 am

I watched all of his post match interview and to start with he did say that both he and the players were more concerned about the fan who fell from the balcony (his words) and that a couple of the players had seen it and had in the case of CB he had felt physically sick.

When asked about the game he said we haven't even spoken about the game because our concerns are about the fan, only the fan, and I can honestly say that would be the same win, lose or draw.

However the media wouldn't let go and someone asked him about being in good positions in previous seasons and his demeanour changed and out come the Barcelona / Real Madrid comment and all the fans expectation levels.

IMO he did try to do the right thing by making the statement about the fan but we are a professional football club and the players who he said had felt physically sick at watching the incident had just given a really ballsy performance and I thought if they can do that he should man up and do the interview.

But like ALL of his interviews fans expectation levels, people in this part of the world and the mediawales buffoons are never far from the surface.

I accept he did try to do the right thing but he doesn't do compassion and caring well but he did try his best but when his players have done their best, given what they had witnessed, he to must do his job. That includes doing the post match interview and at least talking to the players about events in the game that had just finished.

It goes without saying that everyone wishes the lad who had the accident the very best and a speedy recovery but our manager has to dohis job as well, even when it's difficult after such a terrible accident. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:01 am

^^^ this. Is it any wonder why he moans a bit at the fans, he probably has had a look at this and all he sees is jonesout after jones out after jones out, mainly by the owner of the board.

perhaps if we lent him and the players a bit more support, he'd warm to us more and we'd get a more positive response on the pitch.

I'd love to see the slaters and haters of jones spend a week in his job and watch them squirm on the touchline and in the press room on a matchday

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:22 am

That is why he is a football manager Chief and that is why he gets paid the millions to do the job and to do it successfully. If he can't do the job he is getting handsomely paid for then step aside. I can't fault him and his comments for the lad that fell but then he lost it with his rant on us the supporters and our expectance levels . Our expectance levels are so high because his wages are massive to give us the success we deserve. So David earn your massive wages and get this team of superstars promoted.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:31 am

scunny-bluebird wrote:

^^^ this. Is it any wonder why he moans a bit at the fans, he probably has had a look at this and all he sees is jonesout after jones out after jones out, mainly by the owner of the board.

perhaps if we lent him and the players a bit more support, he'd warm to us more and we'd get a more positive response on the pitch.

I'd love to see the slaters and haters of jones spend a week in his job and watch them squirm on the touchline and in the press room on a matchday

Do you really think Jones cares? The man who said unless you've played football to a higher standard than he has, then your opinion is worthless? He doesn't care one bit, infact he's still laughing all the way to the bank.

A lot of you don't seem to like the truth about him being pointed out, so try to make out there's some kind of scaremongering loonies at our club like Annis. It is rubbish, we are entitled to our opinions; even more so when each time a topic is made on Jones, some EXCELLENT criticisms are levelled.