Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " That was then !! This is NOW !! "

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:33 pm

RichardBluebird wrote: I still say that the idiot who introduced the high wage strategy at CCFC has killed any passion the players have for us, the shirt and Cardiff City in general.

Firstly another great OP by Nukes and I fully agree with every word of it.

Richard sorry for editing your post but you have raised something I have been banging on about for some time now.

The 'very high wage strategy' brought in by Ridsdale has simply not worked. Under Dave Jones' lazy version of management we have assembled playing squads which amount to the ‘finished article’ but at a huge cost. These squads have kept us competitive but they lack hunger so players don’t do the extra yard needed for success.

That’s why I believe we need to completely change direction next season by getting in a manager who find cheaper players but improve them through better coaching, motivation but especially hunger.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:50 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote: I still say that the idiot who introduced the high wage strategy at CCFC has killed any passion the players have for us, the shirt and Cardiff City in general.

Firstly another great OP by Nukes and I fully agree with every word of it.

Richard sorry for editing your post but you have raised something I have been banging on about for some time now.

The 'very high wage strategy' brought in by Ridsdale has simply not worked. Under Dave Jones' lazy version of management we have assembled playing squads which amount to the ‘finished article’ but at a huge cost. These squads have kept us competitive but they lack hunger so players don’t do the extra yard needed for success.

That’s why I believe we need to completely change direction next season by getting in a manager who find cheaper players but improve them through better coaching, motivation but especially hunger.

No need for the apology Tone, wasnt the 'very high wage strategy' set as precedence pre-Ridders, whoever it was I believe has alot to answer for, for killing that passion & determination. If we are to have that wage structure then surely it would have been on bonuses i.e. goal ratio, clean sheets, assists, promotion ect.

Your absolutely correct on a change of direction, TBH Im happy not to go up and see 70% of the squad leave along with DJ & his coaching staff and start from scratch and bring in someone in the "O'Neil" mode that can instill pride, passion & the will to succeed back to CCFC.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:23 pm

JONES has a Wage Bill of £15-£16 Million a year Of Course WE SHOULD EXPECT SUCCESS and DONT FORGET EVEN HE SAID HE EXPECTED PROMOTION, Its not over yet, but We as Supporters see it slipping away for the 6th year running.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:25 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:What has he Won ?
I rest my case.

Absolutely nothing which is why he must be replaced next season, however I think he may have saved the club with the transfer market profits.[/quote]

On that I Disagree as WE NEVER PAID DEBTS off, He and THE RIDDLER HAVE ENJOED A 5 STAR LIFE AT OUR CLUBS EXPENSE.
We Still Owe about £50 Mill.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
I rest my case.

Absolutely nothing which is why he must be replaced next season, however I think he may have saved the club with the transfer market profits.

On that I Disagree as WE NEVER PAID DEBTS off, He and THE RIDDLER HAVE ENJOED A 5 STAR LIFE AT OUR CLUBS EXPENSE.
We Still Owe about £50 Mill.[/quote]

Mostly to Sam, if we didnt have that "£26million" available then surely we would have been fucked.

You should refrain from talking about DJ, your a potential murderer :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:32 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
I rest my case.

Absolutely nothing which is why he must be replaced next season, however I think he may have saved the club with the transfer market profits.

We Still Owe about £50 Mill.

Mostly to Sam, if we didnt have that "£26million" available then surely we would have been fucked.

You should refrain from talking about DJ, your a potential murderer :lol: :lol:[/quote]
:lol:

But Rem Sam reduced his to £10 Mill, they should of paid him off, so its Not his fault.

You would not like to hear what I really think about DJ :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:35 pm

You should refrain from talking about DJ, your a potential murderer :lol: :lol:[/quote]

But Rem Sam reduced his to £10 Mill, they should of paid him off, so its Not his fault.

You would not like to hear what I really think about DJ :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I think we all know :lol:

But the £50mill debt is still Sams, Annis was it Sam that introduced the high wage.........?

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:43 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Mostly to Sam, if we didnt have that "£26million" available then surely we would have been fucked.

You should refrain from talking about DJ, your a potential murderer :lol: :lol:

You would not like to hear what I really think about DJ :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I think we all know :lol:

But the £50mill debt is still Sams, Annis was it Sam that introduced the high wage.........?[/quote]

The £50 Mill Debt is Sam lol

How is it, The Riddler ran it up.
Sam left us with Gunter/Ramsey/Loovens/Roger Johnson/Alexandra/Ledley etc etc
What did Sam inherit when he took over ?
The Riddler could of paid Sam his money back out of the sale of those players, but he chose not to.
Also Sam wrote off £3.5 mill when he first arrived and before he left £6 mill, tell me another Chairman who has done that and taken us up 2 Divisions, Out line planning for New stadium, Spent Millions on Ninian Park .

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:48 pm

How is it, The Riddler ran it up.
The Riddler could of paid Sam his money back out of the sale of those players, but he chose not to.
Also Sam wrote off £3.5 mill when he first arrived and before he left £6 mill, tell me another Chairman who has done that and taken us up 2 Divisions, Out line planning for New stadium, Spent Millions on Ninian Park .[/quote]

You bite far too easy Annis :lol: :lol: :lol:

TBH I think we need Sam back in some sort of capacity, get the club back to a real football club again.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:52 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:How is it, The Riddler ran it up.
Also Sam wrote off £3.5 mill when he first arrived and before he left £6 mill, tell me another Chairman who has done that and taken us up 2 Divisions, Out line planning for New stadium, Spent Millions on Ninian Park .

You bite far too easy Annis :lol: :lol: :lol:

TBH I think we need Sam back in some sort of capacity, get the club back to a real football club again.[/quote]
:lol: :lol:

I know I do :cry: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:12 pm

I bet Sam was seething the way the club treated Joe & Matthews contractually, Sam let his guard down with PR. Tell the old bugger we want the clubs soul back.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:13 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:I bet Sam was seething the way the club treated Joe & Matthews contractually, Sam let his guard down with PR. Tell the old bugger we want the clubs soul back.

He knows that the Riddler conned him and stabbed him in the back.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:I bet Sam was seething the way the club treated Joe & Matthews contractually, Sam let his guard down with PR. Tell the old bugger we want the clubs soul back.

Big time Annis, Sam is a spiritual man. He'll sit patiently with his karma, I wouldnt want to be around PR when it strikes.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:18 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Big time Annis, Sam is a spiritual man. He'll sit patiently with his karma, I wouldnt want to be around PR when it strikes.

Correct :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:46 pm

I rest my case.

Absolutely nothing which is why he must be replaced next season, however I think he may have saved the club with the transfer market profits.[/quote]

I agree with you on that point mate.I don't think we would be in existence if it were not for that transfer market profit.
He'll be gone next season if we don't go up,and I for one would wish him 'All the best.'

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:18 pm

There should be a "LIKE" button
Well said m8

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:19 pm

I hate how people say that we wouldn't be where we are without Jones. Sam was the catalyst of our rise to this division, we'd still be rotting away if it hadn't been for him. Jones has merely been a hitchhiker that got on for the ride, let rip with a few bad farts, and at this moment isn't doing his job.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:25 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I hate how people say that we wouldn't be where we are without Jones. Sam was the catalyst of our rise to this division, we'd still be rotting away if it hadn't been for him. Jones has merely been a hitchhiker that got on for the ride, let rip with a few bad farts, and at this moment isn't doing his job.

Unbelievable are you forgetting the cost of getting from Division 3 to the championship? We wasted thousands on the likes of Gavin Gordon, Scott McCulloch, Kevin Evans, Spencer Prior to name but a few. Put it into perspective that the likes of Doncaster, Scunthorpe, Plymouth, Luton & Brighton all went on a similar journey from Div 3 to the Championship at a fraction of the cost.

Jones has been the best manager this club has had since Jimmy Scoular, he has had to rebuild the playing squad year in year out sell off the crown jewels, Jerome, Chopra, Ramsey, Johnson and rebuild. He signed players for peanuts and sold on for a profit. I think we are forgetting the season before he arrived we were in a relegation battle for the best part of it and it took a point at Gillingham in April 2005 to secure our place the following season, In the summer that year he signs a contract and then sees the likes of Peter Thorne, Jobi Macanuf, James Collins & Danny Gabbidon given away to get them off the wage bill.

This is the first time in the 6 years he has been at the club that he has had no restrictions in the transfer window and the squad he has assembled should be doing a lot better but we are still in the shake up for automatic promotion. I am of the opinion that if we don't go up then he should walk but when you look at the likes of Charlton, Palace, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd all have looked for that magical managerial formula and are now strugglling I am not so sure.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:31 pm

Very interesting post forever. Wrote and presented well a lot I agree with some I differ but interesting netherless

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:21 pm

Great post Mr Nukes

Created loads of great discussion. I agree with everything u said. Keep up the good work (rants.) Catch up with u and the rest of the crew soon. Stay away from that radioactive stuff.

Blooooobirds
:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:46 pm

Spot on ! :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:19 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:Great post Mr Nukes

Created loads of great discussion. I agree with everything u said. Keep up the good work (rants.) Catch up with u and the rest of the crew soon. Stay away from that radioactive stuff.

Blooooobirds
:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D

Will catch up soon Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:16 pm

WELL DONE Steve Nuclearblue :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: