Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Please don't put Darcy Blake Centre Half

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:20 am

He's a parks player at best

I'd put Quinn cb & matthews full back

Re: Please don't put Darcy Blake Centre Half

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:32 am

we have a good centre half playing for Hull City ....... if Hudson is out for the season then Id recall Gerrard back :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:38 am

Vintage 63 wrote:we have a good centre half playing for Hull City ....... if Hudson is out for the season then Id recall Gerrard back :ayatollah:

I don't think you can recall season long loans :? But even if you could would you really want to risk Hull taking Oli back off us :shock: :lol:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:52 am

Darcy and Gerrard were our best pairing last season IMO

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:02 am

Vintage 63 wrote:we have a good centre half playing for Hull City ....... if Hudson is out for the season then Id recall Gerrard back :ayatollah:

Dont think you Can Martyn.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:41 am

i think darcys a much better full back than centre back although he did very well last season when he played there,jonesy might put kevin CB it could work but i like him out wide wheres hes best

as long as gyepes and especially naylor are out of the equation we should be ok :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:54 pm

naylor was on bench saturday i fear he may get a start against derby with mc noughton centre half

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:11 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:naylor was on bench saturday i fear he may get a start against derby with mc noughton centre half

Not sure which is worse; Naylor at left back or Gypes at centre back :shock: :lol: To be honet I'd probably rather McNaughton CB and just hope Naylor has a half decent game :roll:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:32 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:naylor was on bench saturday i fear he may get a start against derby with mc noughton centre half

Not sure which is worse; Naylor at left back or Gypes at centre back :shock: :lol: To be honet I'd probably rather McNaughton CB and just hope Naylor has a half decent game :roll:

I agree to be honest, Gypes just isnt good enough. I think we can get away with a dodgy left back but never a dodgy CB

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:52 pm

either

Quinn McNaugthon Keinan Blake

or

Blake Quinn Keinan McNaughton

is what i would play

im much more inclined to say Super Kev at centre half but i remember how well Quinn played there last season against Leicester, plus he used to play there for Motherwell,
i know Jones will just play Gyepes though

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Cardiff may be able to re-call Gerrard but I don't think they will. If we were to call him back, it would have to be agreed by both clubs and we'd have to pay Hull City (the amount would be based upon how many weeks until the loan deal ran out). This happened with Drinkwater, Man U wanted him to get first team football and Jones let him go, whether we were given a payoff (think we may have been with Keogh) he was sent out on loan elsewhere.

Why not give young Jonny Meades a game? Think he may have player centre half before.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:21 pm

bluebird_mike wrote:Cardiff may be able to re-call Gerrard but I don't think they will. If we were to call him back, it would have to be agreed by both clubs and we'd have to pay Hull City (the amount would be based upon how many weeks until the loan deal ran out). This happened with Drinkwater, Man U wanted him to get first team football and Jones let him go, whether we were given a payoff (think we may have been with Keogh) he was sent out on loan elsewhere.

Why not give young Jonny Meades a game? Think he may have player centre half before.

i really really really wouldnt want Gerrard back
id rather play Naylor and move McNaughton in

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Darcy would be better than Gypes at CB if Hudson is out such a shame when he was doing really well and I was slagging Hudson off at the begining of the season but he has been good all this year much improved fair play.

I have to admit I am not a fan of Jones but his luck or our luck is shit first we lose both goalkeepers just as our back 4 were playing well then we lose Rambo back to Arsenal when he was such a rock for us then Hudson finds his form and we lose him plus Chopra out for the season