Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

England match for information purposes

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:47 pm

There are approx 8,000 England fans due to arrive in the capital Friday and Saturday this weekend...most of whom are expected to leave the city immediately following the game. All the England fans are members of their supporters club and all are vetted and checked by the English FA...All currently banned fans in England and Wales have been warned to stay out of Cardiff Saturday or face arrest, many have letters to tell them this.

There will be a lot of lads amongst the England fans but also many families and generally they now have trouble free away games...there is a huge multi force police operation in place and the England fans will be given the Grey friars road area and also have a fans area in the civic centre with big screen...outside the police station area..this area will be the designated area for England fans but they are not restricted just encouraged to use this area.

The Welsh fans can use the rest of the City there are no restrictions anywhere but you will be aware of a lot of police in certain areas....all fans should be aware that Cardiff has a massive network of CCTV and surveillance cameras and any sort of trouble will be recorded and used at a later date if not dealt with immediately....just all take care and all try to avoid any problems.

Re: England match for information purposes

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:27 pm

cheers for the info corky :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:33 pm

Cheers Corky. I'm looking forward to it, at least theres no pressure lie a City game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:36 pm

Wish I had tickets now :(

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:48 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Wish I had tickets now :(

so do i mate. my idiot bro decided to get married and picked the 26th for his date. he has always complained when his mates get married in the football season and he goes and does the same :(

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:52 pm

there are lots coming from Bristol without tickets! :(