Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Anyone else falling out of love with football

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:15 am

Great post Ely Boy. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The money in football is a joke and ruining it. Money, in any division makes all the difference, it used to be about having a bunch of players who loved playing for a club and would do anything to get a win. Now it's all about ''we need to buy him' or 'buy a new.........'. You've only got to look at these boards, we are always on about different players we need.

I don't feel like I've got anything in common with any City players these days, I care about the club for starters! :shock:

I too would love to see us in the prem(though you are right, I'd be sat by Rooney/Gerrard/Torres fans!) But I miss the division 4 matches against Halifax, I remember we could sit on the bob bank terracing then!! :lol:

So yes, I am falling out of love with football! :cry:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:35 am

That money has ruined football is bad enough; the egg chasing, double agents in charge of our club take it to a new f*cking level altogether :twisted:

Your post is what a lot of us are feeling, and it shouldn't be like that. They're trying to cleanse our support of people who care.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:51 am

You're spot on in your observations. We either roll over or fight against it. I think it'll take a massive effort to turn the tide at home, someone with the determination and the influence to make an impact needs to take the bull by the horns before we turn into a laughing stock.

Away from home I think we can still salvage things. But we have to organise oursleves NOW. If not the Cardiff City that I have loved for the last thirty years will no longer exist.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:54 am

ELY BOY wrote:It's just not what it used to be, fighting for tickets with people who don't give two hoots for the team they are watching, ie the majority of the crowd there on Saturday. Most will be there to watch the English players and not have a clue who the Welsh boys are, this will only get worse should City get to the Premier league with all the glory hunters coming out of their hovels. Apparently I am a part time fan as I can't get a ticket to the game Saturday, this from a Liverpool fan born and bred in Cardiff, he almost lost the use of his legs the c.unt. :evil:

Don't get me started on the players, most of whom are overpaid pansies who don't care one jot for the teams they play for as long as they get their wages paid at the end of the week.

Do I want Cardiff to go up? Of course I do, to see MY club in the top flight would be the proudest day of my life. Can I sit in a stale stadium next to a man who is there to see Rooney and doesn't know half the Cardiff team, can I f.uck.

Ninian Park, getting drunk with the boys and having a ball without the threat of being sentenced more harshly than a paedo and having passion for the club I love are a distant memory. We are run by a gang of rugby folk for f.ucks sake. What has happened to the great club I used to love so dearly. :cry:

So true that, good post

Man do I feel better after that.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:39 am

I'm not convinced by the idea that we'll be surrounded by plastic fans if we go up.

There are far too many people out there who will want season tickets in a genuine act of showing their support for City.

There are now about 20,000 people (on average) who couldn't be arsed to follow City 25 years ago...it's just a fact of life that some people need the prospect of higher level football to make the initial commitment.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:04 am

Soaking wet tuesday nights with no roof above us at macclesfield or dry rott posts to lean on at brentford packed in the away end while city fans was all locked outside due to the game being not made all ticket or the days of standing on a grass bank at halifax as an away end with one portable toilet in a stinking shit hole ground with 4day old cooked pies lol....all these days have gone but i prefered 6hour trips to scarbrough with 550city fans there was more passion and atmosphere back then these days its full of spotty teens with manc tops on 2rows in front of you and his old man dont know nothing about cardiff yet hes looking at you as if im a 3headed monster when i chant and stand up,players dont give to fucks nore does the manager its all MONEY MONEY MONEY,but this is how it is times have changed BUT I'LL BE THERE EITHERWAY :cry: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:08 am

bluebird1977 wrote:Soaking wet tuesday nights with no roof above us at macclesfield or dry rott posts to lean on at brentford packed in the away end while city fans was all locked outside due to the game being not made all ticket or the days of standing on a grass bank at halifax as an away end with one portable toilet in a stinking shit hole ground with 4day old cooked pies lol....all these days have gone but i prefered 6hour trips to scarbrough with 550city fans there was more passion and atmosphere back then these days its full of spotty teens with manc tops on 2rows in front of you and his old man dont know nothing about cardiff yet hes looking at you as if im a 3headed monster when i chant and stand up,players dont give to fucks nore does the manager its all MONEY MONEY MONEY,but this is how it is times have changed BUT I'LL BE THERE EITHERWAY :cry: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on! :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:08 am

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Soaking wet tuesday nights with no roof above us at macclesfield or dry rott posts to lean on at brentford packed in the away end while city fans was all locked outside due to the game being not made all ticket or the days of standing on a grass bank at halifax as an away end with one portable toilet in a stinking shit hole ground with 4day old cooked pies lol....all these days have gone but i prefered 6hour trips to scarbrough with 550city fans there was more passion and atmosphere back then these days its full of spotty teens with manc tops on 2rows in front of you and his old man dont know nothing about cardiff yet hes looking at you as if im a 3headed monster when i chant and stand up,players dont give to fucks nore does the manager its all MONEY MONEY MONEY,but this is how it is times have changed BUT I'LL BE THERE EITHERWAY :cry: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on! :ayatollah:

Great days :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:41 am

Totally agree - Bring back the old days .

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:31 pm

would u take the lower divisions again ? i honestly wouldnt mind being in the lower divisions with players who want to play for the club. the hardest thing about bein in the lower divisions for me would be to be in our plastic souless bowl while its empty.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:58 pm

Good Post Ely Boy.

I often wonder if I'm alone in the route I want the city to take. I'd love a season in the premier league, but honestly, just the one.. I'd be so proud to see Cardiff there and competeing but I have a feeling more than one season and the novelty would wear off sharpish. After that I'd be quite content in League One, going to decent grounds, not paying through the nose and not surrounded by passionless football fans who are all sheep in the corperate joke football currently is. I'd still rather do St James Park Exeter over St James Park Newcastle again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:48 pm

Simon (ely boy) I got you a ticket, I messaged you on facebook :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Chief that was 1 spot on post and i do hope you feel better for it. but tomorrow you will feel just as bad again :lol: so hell just type another rant :ayatollah: and Ely i do know where you are coming from :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:32 pm

Don't get me started on the players, most of whom are overpaid pansies who don't care one jot for the teams they play for as long as they get their wages paid at the end of the week.

Do I want Cardiff to go up? Of course I do, to see MY club in the top flight would be the proudest day of my life. Can I sit in a stale stadium next to a man who is there to see Rooney and doesn't know half the Cardiff team, can I f.uck.

Ninian Park, getting drunk with the boys and having a ball without the threat of being sentenced more harshly than a paedo and having passion for the club I love are a distant memory. We are run by a gang of rugby folk for f.ucks sake. What has happened to the great club I used to love so dearly.

Man do I feel better after that.
CARDIFF BORN CARDIFF BRED AND WHEN I DIE I'LL BE CARDIFF DEAD!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have felt like this for the last 3 or 4 games and if we do make it to the promised land it is going to be even harder to obtain tickets for certain games.
already in 2 minds about going to Wembley if we have to go that route again(hopefully won't come to that)
i am however hoping that this feeling passes and the club (team-manager) can reignite my love for the club which will see us performing in the top flight and tick off a few more away grounds on my ever increasing list(currently 54 grounds visited)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:44 pm

simon, please up your medication ;) :lol:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:49 pm

I've never really been in love with football to be honest.

If ever I'm asked if I like football I say not really but I love Cardiff City. :lol:

By that I mean that I've no great interest in any football that doesn't involve Cardiff City. For example, I hardly ever watch Match of the Day on Saturday or any of the live Champions League games. I'm just not interested in watching Man United, Chelsea etc. Why should I watch them? They're not in our division and they're not Cardiff!

I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in international football. I'm quite looking forward to a relaxing weekend with no football. I certainly will not be watching Wales v England as I really don't care what happens in that game. I'm sure some will find that hard to believe as a welshman but as it doesn't affect Cardiff City directly I'm just not bothered.

Difficult to fall out of love with football if you don't really love it in the first place.

Now if the question was "Anyone falling out of love with Cardiff City?" Well.......nah, of course not. Once it gets into your blood you're hooked FOREVER!

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:53 pm

Sadly, Spot on. Money has ruined the game.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:15 pm

i agree with your post but i think we're in the same position as most clubs, its easy to say would you rather be in a lower division? well i would in a way because we seem to have more passion within the club but if we gain promotion, the same thing would happen. i hate the glory hunters that follow us and if we got into the premiership it will be massive for me personally because i love the club so much but im going to hate a lot of it and thats down to some of the people who couldnt care about cardiff but if we get promoted to the prem they want tickets which leaves a lot of people who follow us without a season ticket.
i used to love 12000 crowds at ninian when it would be bouncing, i can't go as far back as some of you because im 19 lol but the times i started supporting the city from around 98 was absolutely brilliant. now its harder to express yourself and enjoy yourself at the ccs. the one reason i love going on the forum trips is because it feels like the years i first started going where we can all have a laugh and do what we want. that seems to be the closest thing to the 'good old days'
i reall hope safe standing comes into place because it will bring the passion back to a lot of clubs.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:18 pm

Simon, I fell out of Real Love with Football, Due to High Wages for players etc.
Players/Managers No Loyalty.
Atmosphere pathetic Nowadays.
The Day We left Ninian Park.
I could write Book :cry:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Simon, I fell out of Real Love with Football, Due to High Wages for players etc.

That's a good idea Annis.

I'm surprised you haven't thought of it before!

:lol:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:27 pm

Greasylake wrote:You're spot on in your observations. We either roll over or fight against it. I think it'll take a massive effort to turn the tide at home, someone with the determination and the influence to make an impact needs to take the bull by the horns before we turn into a laughing stock.

Away from home I think we can still salvage things. But we have to organise oursleves NOW. If not the Cardiff City that I have loved for the last thirty years will no longer exist.

we want sam walking round the pitch :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " Anyone else falling out of love with football ? "

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:56 pm

to be honest, other than the big five, theirs not alot that gets me excited nothing worth shouting about we'v played away to good sides...

I'd love to say I think our away support would be imense but I think alot of commercial fans will come out the sideboards and ruin our atmosphere
I wont enjoy watching us struggle to pick up points either.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:Simon, I fell out of Real Love with Football, Due to High Wages for players etc.

Annis if you did write a book i have an excellent name for it, how about "I left my heart at Ninian Park" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: