Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO SATURDAY......

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:16 am

WALES V ENGLAND.

when the draw was made i was over the moon. i hate england with a passion. my first reaction was awsome we can play at the CCS and make it 90mins of hell, what a day this will be.
Now the realisation has set in, that i will be around people who havn't seen wales play before. snotty nosed kids blowing f*cking horns for 90mins. people telling me to sit down, and people telling me to watch my language!! i want this to be horrible. sadly i feel it will quite the opposite.

(this is ELY BOY'S fault, i just read his thread and it depressed me) :lol:

Re: NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO SATURDAY......

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:24 am

milly44 wrote:WALES V ENGLAND.

when the draw was made i was over the moon. i hate england with a passion. my first reaction was awsome we can play at the CCS and make it 90mins of hell, what a day this will be.
Now the realisation has set in, that i will be around people who havn't seen wales play before. snotty nosed kids blowing f*cking horns for 90mins. people telling me to sit down, and people telling me to watch my language!! i want this to be horrible. sadly i feel it will quite the opposite.

Totally agree fella

All the egg chasers who say how much they "hate England" but support Man U and Liverpool will be there to see their idols Rooney and f*cking Lampard and Terry!

Full of clowns who wont have a clue who half the Welsh players are.

I'll be there though as usual and make as much noise as I can!

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:31 am

milly44 wrote:WALES V ENGLAND.

I feel the same way, but I thought, "f**k 'em!"

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:37 am

i say the same every home wales game, but i have only missed 1 game in about 16 years. so aint going to miss this one :lol:

i cant wait now, im blaming my miserableness on the severe man flu i am suffering :lol:

GARY SPEEDS BARMY ARMY!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:53 pm

I agree Milly, In protest dont go...............ill have your tickets :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:00 pm

milly44 wrote:i say the same every home wales game, but i have only missed 1 game in about 16 years. so aint going to miss this one :lol:

i cant wait now, im blaming my miserableness on the severe man flu i am suffering :lol:

GARY SPEEDS BARMY ARMY!!!!!!!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wales v England is always an ''interesting'' day out anyway. ;)

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Norwich fan and English person here.

Speaking personally, I find it quite hard to hate the Welsh. I can liken it to Ipswich and Colchester fans. The Colchester fans see the "derby" with their "rivals" 15 miles down the road as something to get worked up about. Ipswich fans on the other hand see Norwich as their rivals and Colchester nothing more than a local irritation.

To my point, I think England have bigger fish to fry in the challenging football nations of Germany and France etc, so Wales really is a Colchester game for us.

Like Scotland and Ireland, I guess you guys are still sore about the whole invading, pillaging thing. On behalf of my forefathers... sorry about that. We could call it quits for the whole cottage burning thing in the 1980's.

Please try not to injure Crofts please.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:02 pm

ween-nasty wrote:Norwich fan and English person here.

Speaking personally, I find it quite hard to hate the Welsh. I can liken it to Ipswich and Colchester fans. The Colchester fans see the "derby" with their "rivals" 15 miles down the road as something to get worked up about. Ipswich fans on the other hand see Norwich as their rivals and Colchester nothing more than a local irritation.

To my point, I think England have bigger fish to fry in the challenging football nations of Germany and France etc, so Wales really is a Colchester game for us.

Like Scotland and Ireland, I guess you guys are still sore about the whole invading, pillaging thing. On behalf of my forefathers... sorry about that. We could call it quits for the whole cottage burning thing in the 1980's.

That's your personal opinion maybe, the English hate the Welsh much more than the Welsh hate the English though! FACT. If anything, we just hate the amount of media and press coverage the English national team get over the other nations. Some of the scenes I've seen at past England/Wales fixtures were always instigated by the English and their hatred/lack of knowledge for the Welsh.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:41 pm

f**k UM

IF THEY DO US ON THE PITCH KICK THERE f*cking HEADS IN :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:17 pm

McMurdo wrote:

That's your personal opinion maybe, the English hate the Welsh much more than the Welsh hate the English though! FACT. If anything, we just hate the amount of media and press coverage the English national team get over the other nations. Some of the scenes I've seen at past England/Wales fixtures were always instigated by the English and their hatred/lack of knowledge for the Welsh.

Not a fact! We are far too busy hating the Germans (WW1 & WW11), French (Napoleonic Wars and for being garlic crunching surrender monkeys) and Scottish (for wearing skirts).

There you are hating the English press for English coverage and you are not beating them but joining them by trying to get in to the ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE.

I don't hate the Welsh... I had a nice holiday in Anglesey when I was six and went to a tin mine. :-)

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:24 pm

ween-nasty wrote:
McMurdo wrote:

Not a fact! We are far too busy hating the Germans (WW1 & WW11), French (Napoleonic Wars and for being garlic crunching surrender monkeys) and Scottish (for wearing skirts).

There you are hating the English press for English coverage and you are not beating them but joining them by trying to get in to the ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE.

I don't hate the Welsh... I had a nice holiday in Anglesey when I was six and went to a tin mine. :-)

Pretty sure you fought alongside the Welsh in WWI, WWII and the Napoleonic Wars pal. We were the same side ;).. I'd like to say the Welsh don't feel like that but I f*cking hate the frogs too, not bothered on the Germans but it's funny when they beat you of course. Irregardless of that, as much as you hate the Germans and French, you hate the Welsh, Scots and Irish just as much when it comes down to playing them. It's called local rivalry. Play it down all you like, we know the truth. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:35 pm

most of the welsh hate the english but most cant give a valid reason..
i holiday in england a few times a year and the english ive met are sound :ayatollah: .. londoners seem up their own backsides mind..

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:37 pm

ween-nasty wrote:
McMurdo wrote:

Typical example of one of the many reasons the english are hated. Those said wars were British wars mate not English ones. I can see where your coming from with us being a "Colchester game". Everyone round the world hates the english and the english have only got so much hate to give back so theres bound to be a few "Colchester" games for them.

I'm not asking you to hate us back, just be hated is fine

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Just proves my point then. Why would I hate you if you fought along side us.... Michael Cane and you Welsh chaps at Rourkes Drift etc.

I'm not playing it down. Really don't care. Like your Welsh dragon, nice red kit, love Bellamy, like daffodils (green and yella), like leeks, absolutely love Crofts and like Anglesey.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:43 pm

Typical example of one of the many reasons the english are hated. Those said wars were British wars mate not English ones. I can see where your coming from with us being a "Colchester game". Everyone round the world hates the english and the english have only got so much hate to give back so theres bound to be a few "Colchester" games for them.

I'm not asking you to hate us back, just be hated is fine

Sorry, can you point out where I said they were English wars. You can hate the Germans and French for the same reasons. Feel free.

Up to you, didn't say you couldn't hate me. Knock yourself out... but it's not so much fun when I don't care is it?

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:47 pm

You said you were much too busy hating the Germans (WWI, WWII etc). That sort of implies that thats a seperation between Wales and England otherwise it wouldnt be an argument as to why you dont have time to hate us

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:54 pm

The thing about the hating the English, as I said, comes from the media coverage the English recieve a lot of the time. I don't hate the English because they are English, there isn't much difference between England and Wales outside of culture, language and accents. What it is we get sick to death of hearing about is every world cup. What a massive failure it was when you get knocked out, all of England up in arms, how you think you are better than you are. It winds a lot of Welsh football fans up so much. Not because we are jealous that your side is better, but because of how BORING the over reaction from the media is. If Wales even qualified for a World Cup, the media would barely even notice it. If we got knocked out of our group in the World Cup finals and didn't even qualify for the knock out stages we'd probably clap our boys off the field and be very proud to be Welsh for a couple of weeks. Of course the English will be better than us, you have a population of about 49 million, in comparison to Wales three and a half million. Plenty more youngsters to chose from etc.

It's still a regional, local, home nations rivalry though whatever twist you put on it. I don't like the English as a football team, no. I don't despise the English as people though. Just a part of football we all love, the rivalry. So on Saturday yes I'll hate the English team and most the English excluding you will probably hate us. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:55 pm

chinnick wrote:You said you were much too busy hating the Germans (WWI, WWII etc). That sort of implies that thats a seperation between Wales and England otherwise it wouldnt be an argument as to why you dont have time to hate us

Ah. Implied. If I said I didn't like olives that wouldn't prohibit you from disliking them too would it?

:old:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Come on my Welsh brothers... lets have a love in.

:lol:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Milly your sitting next to me, we'll have it rocking!
Or after 10 mins we'll be watching it from the bar :lol:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:05 pm

ween-nasty wrote:
chinnick wrote:You said you were much too busy hating the Germans (WWI, WWII etc). That sort of implies that thats a seperation between Wales and England otherwise it wouldnt be an argument as to why you dont have time to hate us

Ah. Implied. If I said I didn't like olives that wouldn't prohibit you from disliking them too would it?

:old:

totally missed the point. I'm not saying we dont hate them too, i'm saying that you didnt recognise that we had a reason too because you spoke of them as english wars.

Lets put that to one side though please. For me its mainly the english media. Pick up a copy of The Sun or The Mirror on Monday and i bet you all the coverage will be from an english perspective despite the fact that they are British papers supposedly.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:53 pm

f**k IT, CANT WAIT NOW. I HATE ENGLAND MORE THAN THE JACKS. :twisted: :twisted:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:59 pm

its not just us welsh.. Everyone hates the english! And you say you got bigger fish to fry? U havent done a very good job of fryin them fish over the years have you lol

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:59 pm

milly44 wrote:f**k IT, CANT WAIT NOW. I HATE ENGLAND MORE THAN THE JACKS. :twisted: :twisted:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:33 pm

How many of those 70odd thousand went to see Wales vs Bulgaria?

Feckin plastics, only want to see England play. I couldnt get tickets because of pricks who dont know half the Wales squad (mabye only Bellamy and Bale?). :evil:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:59 pm

milly44 wrote:f**k IT, CANT WAIT NOW. I HATE ENGLAND MORE THAN THE JACKS. :twisted: :twisted:

Where's this forum drinking before the game?

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:02 pm

I think ive found quote of the day hahaha. " snotty nosed kids blowing f*cking horns for 90mins" :lol:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:15 pm

They're pretty interchangeable :evil:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:55 pm

sing it loud and sing it proud boys

"yer just a fat granny shagger, fat granny shagger, yer just a fat granny shagger"

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Waaaaaaallesss , Waaaaaaallessss , Waaaallesss :roll: :shock: :|