Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO SATURDAY......

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:27 pm

I'm looking forward to a Saturday in the garden as there is no meaningful football taking place. The only purpose of international football these days is as a showcase for players who hope they can be spotted by Premier League clubs.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:51 pm

milly44 wrote:f**k IT, CANT WAIT NOW. I HATE ENGLAND MORE THAN THE JACKS. :twisted: :twisted:

you'll hate us even more after sats

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:20 am

CCFC- Bramhill wrote:I think ive found quote of the day hahaha. " snotty nosed kids blowing f*cking horns for 90mins" :lol:

:lol: :lol: i was having a bad morning. i stand by it though :D

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:20 am

nobber wrote:
milly44 wrote:f**k IT, CANT WAIT NOW. I HATE ENGLAND MORE THAN THE JACKS. :twisted: :twisted:

Where's this forum drinking before the game?

11am in the POW :D

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:13 am

Gonna be wearing my welsh top among a probable crowd of inbred Ingerland in a pub in the forest of dean.

Oh and Milly I will take the pepsi challenge with you on who hates the england football team the most! :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:26 am

jbirdrules wrote:How many of those 70odd thousand went to see Wales vs Bulgaria?

Feckin plastics, only want to see England play. I couldnt get tickets because of pricks who dont know half the Wales squad (mabye only Bellamy and Bale?). :evil:

Spot on mate, same as the likes of Azerbaijan when we can only get to open 1 side of the stadium. I was 1 of the ones who was told they had tickets that was suddenly unavailable after watching many Welsh games. I promised myself after not being able to watch the last England game due to ticket unavailability that i wouldnt watch Wales. But before next game no doubt ill be there.
Wlesh FA really do need a kick up the backside and look after their loyal supporters. I know many fans that watch every Wales home and away game that was in my group of tickets that suddenly disapeared !

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:34 am

mr'mogreenz wrote:
ween-nasty wrote:Norwich fan and English person here.

Speaking personally, I find it quite hard to hate the Welsh. I can liken it to Ipswich and Colchester fans. The Colchester fans see the "derby" with their "rivals" 15 miles down the road as something to get worked up about. Ipswich fans on the other hand see Norwich as their rivals and Colchester nothing more than a local irritation.

To my point, I think England have bigger fish to fry in the challenging football nations of Germany and France etc, so Wales really is a Colchester game for us.

Like Scotland and Ireland, I guess you guys are still sore about the whole invading, pillaging thing. On behalf of my forefathers... sorry about that. We could call it quits for the whole cottage burning thing in the 1980's.

Please try not to injure Crofts please.

its not just us welsh.. Everyone hates the english! And you say you got bigger fish to fry? U havent done a very good job of fryin them fish over the years have you lol

Agreed, there is a great difference between frying and attempting to fry. Of course you have a great chance to rub our English noses in it this weekend. :lol:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:44 am

chinnick wrote:
ween-nasty wrote:
chinnick wrote:You said you were much too busy hating the Germans (WWI, WWII etc). That sort of implies that thats a seperation between Wales and England otherwise it wouldnt be an argument as to why you dont have time to hate us

Ah. Implied. If I said I didn't like olives that wouldn't prohibit you from disliking them too would it?

:old:

totally missed the point. I'm not saying we dont hate them too, i'm saying that you didnt recognise that we had a reason too because you spoke of them as english wars.

Lets put that to one side though please. For me its mainly the english media. Pick up a copy of The Sun or The Mirror on Monday and i bet you all the coverage will be from an english perspective despite the fact that they are British papers supposedly.

No I didn't miss the point. You are assumption is wrong. I think most intelligent people understand the contribution of the Irish, Scottish and Welsh in both world wars. To say that by disliking the Germans as a result of the war somehow lays claim to the war as English is ridiculous. To be honest I said that we hate the Germans.. that is probably an overstatement. The rivalry between Germany and England is probably derived from two world wars, 1966 cup final , fighting over sunbeds etc etc. :P It's nothing more than banter now and I would think than anything stronger to be bigotted.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:48 am

McMurdo wrote:The thing about the hating the English, as I said, comes from the media coverage the English recieve a lot of the time. I don't hate the English because they are English, there isn't much difference between England and Wales outside of culture, language and accents. What it is we get sick to death of hearing about is every world cup. What a massive failure it was when you get knocked out, all of England up in arms, how you think you are better than you are. It winds a lot of Welsh football fans up so much. Not because we are jealous that your side is better, but because of how BORING the over reaction from the media is. If Wales even qualified for a World Cup, the media would barely even notice it. If we got knocked out of our group in the World Cup finals and didn't even qualify for the knock out stages we'd probably clap our boys off the field and be very proud to be Welsh for a couple of weeks. Of course the English will be better than us, you have a population of about 49 million, in comparison to Wales three and a half million. Plenty more youngsters to chose from etc.

It's still a regional, local, home nations rivalry though whatever twist you put on it. I don't like the English as a football team, no. I don't despise the English as people though. Just a part of football we all love, the rivalry. So on Saturday yes I'll hate the English team and most the English excluding you will probably hate us. :ayatollah:

Probably answered your own question there. 49 million v 3.5 million. Thats probably why England gets more coverage. That's why we end up with Man U v Liverpool, Liverpool v Chelsea, and Chelsea v Man U each week. I'd rather see Norwich Cardiff, Cardiff Swansea, Ipswich Norwich each week ... but it aint gonna happen.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:31 am

ween-nasty wrote:
No I didn't miss the point. You are assumption is wrong. I think most intelligent people understand the contribution of the Irish, Scottish and Welsh in both world wars. To say that by disliking the Germans as a result of the war somehow lays claim to the war as English is ridiculous. To be honest I said that we hate the Germans.. that is probably an overstatement. The rivalry between Germany and England is probably derived from two world wars, 1966 cup final , fighting over sunbeds etc etc. :P It's nothing more than banter now and I would think than anything stronger to be bigotted.

Well in that case your original comment was pointless.Its a thread of why England and Wales dont like eachother and your argument was you dont have time to hate us because both of us hate Germany. In that case we wouldnt have time to hate you either, but we find time :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:44 am

ween-nasty wrote:Norwich fan and English person here.

Speaking personally, I find it quite hard to hate the Welsh. I can liken it to Ipswich and Colchester fans. The Colchester fans see the "derby" with their "rivals" 15 miles down the road as something to get worked up about. Ipswich fans on the other hand see Norwich as their rivals and Colchester nothing more than a local irritation.

To my point, I think England have bigger fish to fry in the challenging football nations of Germany and France etc, so Wales really is a Colchester game for us.

Like Scotland and Ireland, I guess you guys are still sore about the whole invading, pillaging thing. On behalf of my forefathers... sorry about that. We could call it quits for the whole cottage burning thing in the 1980's.

Please try not to injure Crofts please.

you say that but thats coz we are the opposite side of the country to you if you look at people from bristol they despise us

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:17 am

chinnick wrote:
ween-nasty wrote:

Well in that case your original comment was pointless.Its a thread of why England and Wales dont like eachother and your argument was you dont have time to hate us because both of us hate Germany. In that case we wouldnt have time to hate you either, but we find time :ayatollah:

Absolutely not. I said that you hate us, I don't hate you, I hate Germany. Can't get much more to the point.

Your saying I can't hate the Germans because you have an equal right to hate them too.

If you keep this up I'll start hating the Welsh :D

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:24 am

I cant be bothered anymore. :roll:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:42 am

chinnick wrote:I cant be bothered anymore. :roll:

Good. I win. 1-0 England

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:34 pm

ween-nasty wrote:
McMurdo wrote:The thing about the hating the English, as I said, comes from the media coverage the English recieve a lot of the time. I don't hate the English because they are English, there isn't much difference between England and Wales outside of culture, language and accents. What it is we get sick to death of hearing about is every world cup. What a massive failure it was when you get knocked out, all of England up in arms, how you think you are better than you are. It winds a lot of Welsh football fans up so much. Not because we are jealous that your side is better, but because of how BORING the over reaction from the media is. If Wales even qualified for a World Cup, the media would barely even notice it. If we got knocked out of our group in the World Cup finals and didn't even qualify for the knock out stages we'd probably clap our boys off the field and be very proud to be Welsh for a couple of weeks. Of course the English will be better than us, you have a population of about 49 million, in comparison to Wales three and a half million. Plenty more youngsters to chose from etc.

It's still a regional, local, home nations rivalry though whatever twist you put on it. I don't like the English as a football team, no. I don't despise the English as people though. Just a part of football we all love, the rivalry. So on Saturday yes I'll hate the English team and most the English excluding you will probably hate us. :ayatollah:

Probably answered your own question there. 49 million v 3.5 million. Thats probably why England gets more coverage. That's why we end up with Man U v Liverpool, Liverpool v Chelsea, and Chelsea v Man U each week. I'd rather see Norwich Cardiff, Cardiff Swansea, Ipswich Norwich each week ... but it aint gonna happen.

I didn't have a question mate, I answered yours! Sober up, I know theres f*** all to do up in Norwich but sit on the farm and get pissed but seriously! :lol:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:49 pm

im not looking forward to it purely becasue its my idiot bros wedding :(