Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Staggering quote from CB that sums up the attitude...

Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:15 pm

Of the players if true.

‘The club wanted us to go away on a break recently but we’d have to pay for ourselves. We didn’t go. A lot of the players couldn’t pay it. This is what it is, this isn’t the Premier League, this is real.

What so people who earn between 10 and 90k a week can't afford a weekend in Spain? :oops:

And who else expects their employer to pay for their holidays?? :twisted:

I have always believed in DJ but something is seriously wrong in the Bluebirds camp :old:

Re: Staggering quote from CB that sums up the attitude...

Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:17 pm

We pay the highest wages in the division dont we ? :o

Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Obviously not the highest holiday pay :lol:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Wait a min Bellers, your trying to tell people that earn not a half of the money that most of the players get there.
That the players cant pay for a week away to spain or the likes of. is this true?

Meet us at the Ninian Pub before the next home game and we will have a whip around for them.O! by the way BULL SHIT! :twisted:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Just goes to show the problems between player and management this season, and this Is the tip of the iceberg!! However it's amazing that Bellamy is alluding to the fact that some players couldn't afford it!!

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:14 pm

I am going to ask my boss if they will pay for me to go to Spain on Holiday !! And he will tell me to feck off. Football players live in a dream world and not i reality. They should be more concerned that they are playing like cunts than thinking of holidays.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:20 pm

why is it dave jones' fault that the players wouldn't pay for a weekend away?

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:36 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I am going to ask my boss if they will pay for me to go to Spain on Holiday !! And he will tell me to feck off. Football players live in a dream world and not i reality. They should be more concerned that they are playing like cunts than thinking of holidays.

if my boss wanted me to go on holiday with the people i work with for training, team bonding or anything to do with the company i was employed by i would expect them to pay

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Hallett wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I am going to ask my boss if they will pay for me to go to Spain on Holiday !! And he will tell me to feck off. Football players live in a dream world and not i reality. They should be more concerned that they are playing like cunts than thinking of holidays.

if my boss wanted me to go on holiday with the people i work with for training, team bonding or anything to do with the company i was employed by i would expect them to pay

Are you on 25k a week? Or just 10k?

Can't afford it? Hah, that's like me not being able to afford a ticket to see them play.....

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:56 pm

To be fair, from what he has said, the club wanted them to.
To me that alludes to it being a training exercise or something.
In which case, most employers probably would pay for it. Or at least make a contribution.

I do agree that it shows how out of touch footballers are these days though. Not being able to afford it? Rubbish!