Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

perhaps a blessing in disguise.....

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:49 pm

these long term injuries i mean, was,nt it last march when we had a smaller squad and injuries and suspensions kicked in that we were on the bones of our arse for players we went on a very good run and managed to either get into the playoffs or cement our place in the playoffs.
it was like the players and management developed a siege mentallity and pulled together or the fact that mr jones was,nt so confused over who to play where. :D might be off the mark but perhaps there is hope.

Re: perhaps a blessing in disguise.....

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:57 pm

beano1 wrote:these long term injuries i mean, was,nt it last march when we had a smaller squad and injuries and suspensions kicked in that we were on the bones of our arse for players we went on a very good run and managed to either get into the playoffs or cement our place in the playoffs.
it was like the players and management developed a siege mentallity and pulled together or the fact that mr jones was,nt so confused over who to play where. :D might be off the mark but perhaps there is hope.

we still dont have strength in depth though??
chopra out = no cover (bellamy isnt cover)
hudson out = gypes? (league one player )
we dont have a game changing bench going into the important final few games :)

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:06 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
beano1 wrote:these long term injuries i mean, was,nt it last march when we had a smaller squad and injuries and suspensions kicked in that we were on the bones of our arse for players we went on a very good run and managed to either get into the playoffs or cement our place in the playoffs.

we still dont have strength in depth though??
chopra out = no cover (bellamy isnt cover)
hudson out = gypes? (league one player )
we dont have a game changing bench going into the important final few games :)

thats what i,m saying ,mr jones complained all last season and the previous seasons that he had nothing on the bench but last season they still managed to reach the playoff finals.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Sometimes when your a few players short it can work in your favour as the players can unite more and pull together :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:27 pm

it will only take another injury or two :(