Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ADAM MATTHEWS "

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Who would like to see Adam Matthews be given a run ?

Look what happened when Quinn was Finally given a chance, Surely most would agree he was a lot better than you originally thought.

Re: " ADAM MATTHEWS "

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:51 pm

YEEEEEES JONESY YA SPANNER PLAY THE KID MUN

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:54 pm

I'd like to see him given a few games.

I bet he'd be anxious to prove a point or two to the club.

Can't see Jones giving him any playing time now though.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:58 pm

I would like to see him given a chance , problem is that if he put another goal in there are some on here that would never let it go.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:50 pm

Good shout give him ago :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:06 pm

we should have given him a run 7 months ago, im shocked the club has let this telant go.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Yes but i would prefer to see him in midfield :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Who would like to see Adam Matthews be given a run ?

Look what happened when Quinn was Finally given a chance, Surely most would agree he was a lot better than you originally thought.

Nah sorry he hasn't got a clue how to defend, quite good as a winger but we have stacks of those.................

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:19 pm

jones is just proven how arrogant he is,
he'd rather see us lose games and take up personal issues onto the playing pitch

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:59 pm

Bloody hell boys, what is it with Mathews, he has signed a pre season contract, so why should we keep him fit for another club, especially Celtic who said that they would not pay a fee for him and that they would wait until January to get him for nothing, which they did. Stuff Celtic and although not Mathews, he has decided to leave, so I say, he is not part of CCFC anymore :thumbup:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:08 am

Leabve him rot in the reserves. Spot on post from IGovernor (a poster I don't often agree with)

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:58 am

Igovernor wrote:Bloody hell boys, what is it with Mathews, he has signed a pre season contract, so why should we keep him fit for another club, especially Celtic who said that they would not pay a fee for him and that they would wait until January to get him for nothing, which they did. Stuff Celtic and although not Mathews, he has decided to leave, so I say, he is not part of CCFC anymore :thumbup:

I Disagree, if he can help us go up then thats all that matters.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:50 am

in all fairness we should have done more to keep him.we all make mistakes and he was tortured for his.if he can help this season,he should play,cardiff are still paying his wages

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:09 am

not now, his head and heart are not with Cardiff City

good luck to him at Celtic.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:26 am

He'll get his chance next season when we will rue Dave Jones' spiteful streak.

Adam Matthews is a classic example of why we need to change manager and at the same time change the culture at CCS. It is beyond DJ's capabilities to bring on young players, he instead relies on the lazy way of management by paying extortionate wages for more experienced players to keep us competitive, rather than try to improve what we have got.

I hate saying this but again look at Swansea, they have Joe Allen flourishing down there whilst we have a great talent like Matthews (along with Ramsey and Gunter before him) going to waste because DJ lacks the ability and effort needed to bring out the best in young playing talent.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:49 am

I can't see Jones picking him again as he probably sees Matthews moving to Celtic as some sort of insult against him personally

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:11 am

If cardiff benefit in any way play him - if not tough

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:35 am

I must be missing something here, really dont see the fuss with him. He's a terrible defender. Might grow up to be a good winger one day but keep him as far away from the defence as possible

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:36 am

The way our luck is going with injuries, we may have to use him at some stage.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:34 pm

I really dont think he is that good and I wouldnt and Quinn at CB along side Keinan doesnt inspire me either.

As sad and as worrying as it is I think its important to have the best to player at CB in and that is Keinan and McNaughton for me. We then have Quinn who is poor at LB so has to play right back leaving Naylor or Blake at left back and Naylor just pips him for me

Quinn Keinan Kev Naylor :o