Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CRAIG BELLAMY "

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:20 am

Some people are on about me going on about DJ and his/pockets/golf balls etc :lol:

But what about the amount of people who criticise Craig Bellemy, I respect their Opinions but, Surely we should be supporting him as he is the only one in the dressing room who is trying to create passion, standing up to the rest of the team and can lead us, we have no other player in the camp who has got any fire in his belie.

On the pitch, I watch him and personally I see a player who never gives up, I agree he has not shown enough qualities, but perhaps he has to much class for the rest and he thinks to far ahead, if Ramsey was now with us for a season, he would prob not get better due to the players around him.

I still feel if any player can do it for us its BELLS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " CRAIG BELLAMY "

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:32 am

annis i think the comments made by bellamy this week ie i dont think i will be here next season even if city make the prem are disrespectfull bad timed and inappropriate at this stage in the season shouldnt he be making the normal noises such as we will sit down and discuss my situation at the end of the season does he forget he is the one who wanted to do the school run and that it took us half the season to get him fit and is he really in a position anymore after this seasons performances to pick and choose where he can play

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:45 am

of coarse he gives 100% but he has not done what most of us expected, i thought he would have the same effect on us that darren huckerby had at norwich a few years ago i remember watching him at ninian park we tried to stop him playing but he murdered us he carried norwich out of this division and hes a simular type of player as graig so i was expecting somethig simular to happen here,why doesnt bellamy cut inside his man and have a shot at goal more often, sinclair does it every chance he gets and look how many goals he has and no one can tell me he his better than bellamy maybe jacks manager gives him the confidence to shoot more i dont know

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:52 am

the difference is that Bellamy is used to having class players around him unlike at the City where he will have to graft and create more than he would in the Prem where other players make runs etc for him to pass , its the same with JET coz you watch him sometimes when he plays in the centre forward position he holds the ball up looking for midfield runners , who just dont appear at Championship level , instead of going more direct to goal himself . Have to agree with Annis that somebody like Rambo here for a season would bring out the best in him without a doubt as it would others .............. and I remember Huckerby too Tony he was another class act who IMO is / was a much better all round player than Bellamy , different type of player :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:56 am

I agree Annis but also we should also get behind every player who wears the shirt AND the management and his staff (dont think you will agree on thaty part with Dj)
8 games to go, prob the biggest in our history. If we all pull together, i am really confident we can still pull this off.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:08 am

Good post Annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:08 am

I think a lot of people have started looking for scapegoats to attribute our season to, and Craig Bellamy seems to be an easy target.

I tell you something, they are WRONG. More guts and passion than most of the other players, not afraid to speak out in dressing room (if other players can't take criticism, then they can f**k off). I'd like to see Scott Sinclair with 2 markers attached to him every game.

The fact is, we're not having an acceptable season - IT WOULD'VE BEEN WORSE withour Craig.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:26 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I think a lot of people have started looking for scapegoats to attribute our season to, and Craig Bellamy seems to be an easy target.

I tell you something, they are WRONG. More guts and passion than most of the other players, not afraid to speak out in dressing room (if other players can't take criticism, then they can f**k off). I'd like to see Scott Sinclair with 2 markers attached to him every game.

The fact is, we're not having an acceptable season - IT WOULD'VE BEEN WORSE withour Craig.

agree with what you say but dont tell me teams dont double up on sinclair i dont watch him play, but im sure opposing managers do and try to stop him by doubling up on him

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:32 am

Our midfield need to get the ball in the channels quicker, or get the pass off quicker to use Craig at his strengths. Trouble is when Craig makes a run the Midfield need one too many touches to get a pass off, making Craig offside. Then he gets frustrated and starts shouting at the players. He then stops making the runs as he doesn't think the ball is coming. He starts coming deep looking for the ball or he is flat footed when the ball his passed to him, which isn't his game. If Ramsey was here it would be a different story as he could pick the right pass out.

If you look at Swansea they have players like Joe Allen etc, who spread the ball out wide for Sinclair and Dyer to run on to.

If I was DJ I would play JET just behind Jay, or has they say 'On the tip of the diamond of Midfield', and have Bellamy and Burke running off him. He can take players on, pick out a pass, then tackle and press high up the field when we haven't got the ball so they don't have a easy ball out.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:34 am

evans above wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I think a lot of people have started looking for scapegoats to attribute our season to, and Craig Bellamy seems to be an easy target.

agree with what you say but dont tell me teams dont double up on sinclair i dont watch him play, but im sure opposing managers do and try to stop him by doubling up on him

I don't think do - I don't think they can afford to with Pratley and Dyer in the team. Opponents tend to just try and contain them as a whole (which results in them being put to the sword by the jacks :( ) We didn't double up on him either

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:38 am

ackers1927 wrote:Our midfield need to get the ball in the channels quicker, or get the pass off quicker to use Craig at his strengths. Trouble is when Craig makes a run the Midfield need one too many touches to get a pass off, making Craig offside. Then he gets frustrated and starts shouting at the players. He then stops making the runs as he doesn't think the ball is coming. He starts coming deep looking for the ball or he is flat footed when the ball his passed to him, which isn't his game. If Ramsey was here it would be a different story as he could pick the right pass out.

If you look at Swansea they have players like Joe Allen etc, who spread the ball out wide for Sinclair and Dyer to run on to.

If I was DJ I would play JET just behind Jay, or has they say 'On the tip of the diamond of Midfield', and have Bellamy and Burke running off him. He can take players on, pick out a pass, then tackle and press high up the field when we haven't got the ball so they don't have a easy ball out.

exactly ackers thats down to the manager and tactics, play to your strenghts burke and bellers should be ripping teams apart

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:40 am

our midfield is just too slow thinking on the ball , plus too many touches . Mc Phail and Rae are League 1 players at best now Im afraid .

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:46 am

Vintage 63 wrote:our midfield is just too slow thinking on the ball , plus too many touches . Mc Phail and Rae are League 1 players at best now Im afraid .

You and Ackers both touched upon something that our team as a whole have been missing. Tempo, speed, whatever you want to call it.

In October we were doing this the right way, short passing, quick build up, holding the ball up then releasing into the channels once players had made runs.

Nowadays, only speed we have is when we hoof the ball. If they have to pass it then they take ages, so players runs get read etc.

Not for this thread, but had to be said.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:32 am

Ca'nt knock his determination, but when he signed for us I was expecting him to be rip this league apart, like Taraabt at qpr and Sinclair at Swansea.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Some people are on about me going on about DJ and his/pockets/golf balls etc :lol:

But what about the amount of people who criticise Craig Bellemy, I respect their Opinions but, Surely we should be supporting him as he is the only one in the dressing room who is trying to create passion, standing up to the rest of the team and can lead us, we have no other player in the camp who has got any fire in his belie.

On the pitch, I watch him and personally I see a player who never gives up, I agree he has not shown enough qualities, but perhaps he has to much class for the rest and he thinks to far ahead, if Ramsey was now with us for a season, he would prob not get better due to the players around him.

I still feel if any player can do it for us its BELLS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

his problem annis,is his tact and his outstanding abillity to wind his team mates up and not put fire in their bellies :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:our midfield is just too slow thinking on the ball , plus too many touches . Mc Phail and Rae are League 1 players at best now Im afraid .

Can't really blame Rae for our plight as he has not figured in the team.

Although Rae is limited I think he is the type of player we need against the poorer teams in the division.

He rolls up his sleeves and gets on with the job.

We need grafters now.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Totally agree with the first post Annis, no wonder players dont want to come here on loan and are choosing the likes of Leicester and Leeds over us. We have a player like Bellamy who has dropped down a division when he could be playing in the champions league and he still gets stick. To my mind he has never ever said he would be hear next season so I dont know why people are going on about it like he owes us something.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:39 pm

DEANO wrote:annis i think the comments made by bellamy this week ie i dont think i will be here next season even if city make the prem are disrespectfull bad timed and inappropriate at this stage in the season shouldnt he be making the normal noises such as we will sit down and discuss my situation at the end of the season does he forget he is the one who wanted to do the school run and that it took us half the season to get him fit and is he really in a position anymore after this seasons performances to pick and choose where he can play

On that I agree, but I am told he is very unhappy with the attitudes of many of the other players in the dressing room.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:41 pm

GarethGardner wrote:I agree Annis but also we should also get behind every player who wears the shirt AND the management and his staff (dont think you will agree on thaty part with Dj)
8 games to go, prob the biggest in our history. If we all pull together, i am really confident we can still pull this off.

Gareth, By getting behind the Club/Team 100% for 90 mins plus on match days to me is Supporting your club, My comments on here about DJ, dont come in to it once the game kicks off, I SUPPORT MY TEAM THEN :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:41 pm

Adam, correct fans are looking for escape goats.