Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Does anyone seriously think there'll be any trouble Saturday

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:44 pm

Because I don't. There wasn't any last time (a few minor scuffles apart), the police will employ the same tactics as then, all our known hooligans won't be allowed anywhere near town on the day of the match, England fans will be encouraged to drink in their own designated part of town, which almost all will be happy to do, and the England following isn't the mad, frothing at the mouth, beer-bellied, tattooed, mental lumps they used to be. So I'm predicting a quiet day, aggro-wise. Anyone reckon anything to the contrary?

Re: Does anyone seriously think there'll be any trouble Saturday

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:00 pm

Bit of an off on St Marys Street last time, and we've all seen the footage from the away fixture at Old Trafford. I don't know if anything will happen but I would not be surprised in the slightest if it did. Depends on how well the police manage it, if theres fans mixing every which way then it's bound to go off.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:12 pm

McMurdo wrote:Bit of an off on St Marys Street last time, and we've all seen the footage from the away fixture at Old Trafford. I don't know if anything will happen but I would not be surprised in the slightest if it did. Depends on how well the police manage it, if theres fans mixing every which way then it's bound to go off.

I just think that the police will have it well under control and, really, the St Mary St off was just a minor scuffle in the grand scheme of things. Old Trafford was England fans fighting each other, no Wales fans involved if my information is correct

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
McMurdo wrote:Bit of an off on St Marys Street last time, and we've all seen the footage from the away fixture at Old Trafford. I don't know if anything will happen but I would not be surprised in the slightest if it did. Depends on how well the police manage it, if theres fans mixing every which way then it's bound to go off.

I just think that the police will have it well under control and, really, the St Mary St off was just a minor scuffle in the grand scheme of things. Old Trafford was England fans fighting each other, no Wales fans involved if my information is correct

Well yeah, I've seen bigger disorder with Cardiff as a city than I've ever seen with Wales as a country. :lol: Wasnt at OT, just saw the footage which is pretty funny, marching around the streets of Manchester. Heard a lot about a fair few Wurzels turning up ticketless and so on which got me thinking, but as I said wouldn't be surprised either way..

I'll be in the POW or the the Borough getting pissed anyway! :D :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:40 pm

It could easily happen with no segragation on the streets - especially before the match, but quite frankly who'd want to with the cctv coverage the city has got and the recent convictions?
Enjoy the drink and the day

Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:22 pm

There was some nasty beatings handed out to the england fans in the Welsh sections after their goal but I saw nothing outside the ground other than some extremely weird Welshman chasing Graham Taylor down past Bar Is It!

Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:33 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:

Wales were involved at OT too mate, few scuffles last time in Cardiff, St Mary and some pub 'Goat' or something, but I think you'd be nuts to get involved Saturday :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:50 pm

me and my mrs stumbled into a pub full of England fans last time ...... little place on St Mary St near to Philharmonic , they had no colours on just tiny England pin badges etc , they were ok with us !

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:me and my mrs stumbled into a pub full of England fans last time ...... little place on St Mary St near to Philharmonic , they had no colours on just tiny England pin badges etc , they were ok with us !

Lads Fawlty !

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:14 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:me and my mrs stumbled into a pub full of England fans last time ...... little place on St Mary St near to Philharmonic , they had no colours on just tiny England pin badges etc , they were ok with us !

They knew you were a Valley Ram Mart and they daren't f*ck with the Valley Rams :lol:
Last edited by blueheaven on Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:14 pm

I didnt mention they were the all England bowls team over 80's :lol:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:03 pm

am going to the exchange pub in hove, just outside brighton, going with a few m8s, all die hard england fans, the pub will be full of england tops and i will prob be the only welsh top in there, taking a cardiff flag as well, will ask the landlord can i put it up and he will tell me to f**k off, should be a top day me singing "three nil to the sheepshaggers" and "ur going out in the play offs" or more likely "were shit and we know we are" :lol: :ayatollah: