Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mark Hudson Finaly Looking Like A Captain

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:38 am

When mark first arrived in the capital lets be honest was f*cking shocking many many mistakes BUT the last 2 months we have seen him filling his role as cardiff captain, i was he biggest critic when he started and i slagged DJ off for playing him no matter what he did but he is turned in to a great player :D

WBA away he was the best player on the park

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Mark Hudson Finaly Looking Like A Captain

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:53 am

DazzaCCFC wrote:When mark first arrived in the capital lets be honest was f*cking shocking many many mistakes BUT the last 2 months we have seen him filling his role as cardiff captain, i was he biggest critic when he started and i slagged DJ off for playing him no matter what he did but he is turned in to a great player :D

My personal opinion was that he looked a good player from the start and that mnay were making their minds up on not what they were seeing but what they had heard and read from others (Charlton/Palace mates), and on the fact that he'd captained charlton to relegation the season before.

I'm pleased he's here and I'll give him one thing he's had more success against the 'big beasts' in this league than any other centre half I can remember.

Who else have we seen clam up Parkin, Adebola, Burgess and the other big donkies who've terrorised us in previous seasons.

Saying that he's got real competition now, Gerarrd is improving game on game, getting more composed and reading the game better. He has been excellent in the last 2 home matches. Gyepes who I also liked when he broke into the side last season, but seemed to lose it after the Sheff U debacle also played very well on Tuesday and will be banging the door down. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on alongside Hudson today.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Ive always rated him and cudnt understand why big issue were made over his errors and nothing said wen gerrard made worse ones. My only critism about him is he doesn't appear to be a player who hates losing which I think is key to being a good captain and raising ur game and that of others around u when things aren't going our way. Maybe he's had that kicked out of him last season and needs to build it back.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
DazzaCCFC wrote:When mark first arrived in the capital lets be honest was f*cking shocking many many mistakes BUT the last 2 months we have seen him filling his role as cardiff captain, i was he biggest critic when he started and i slagged DJ off for playing him no matter what he did but he is turned in to a great player :D

My personal opinion was that he looked a good player from the start and that mnay were making their minds up on not what they were seeing but what they had heard and read from others (Charlton/Palace mates), and on the fact that he'd captained charlton to relegation the season before.

I'm pleased he's here and I'll give him one thing he's had more success against the 'big beasts' in this league than any other centre half I can remember.

Who else have we seen clam up Parkin, Adebola, Burgess and the other big donkies who've terrorised us in previous seasons.

Saying that he's got real competition now, Gerarrd is improving game on game, getting more composed and reading the game better. He has been excellent in the last 2 home matches. Gyepes who I also liked when he broke into the side last season, but seemed to lose it after the Sheff U debacle also played very well on Tuesday and will be banging the door down. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on alongside Hudson today.

gypes did rea;y well against bristol tuesday night with gerrard but i think hudson and gerrad are turning in to a great partnership if only we could keep kev and adam fit we could have a fantastic back 5 cause realy rate marshall as well

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:32 pm

I think it's great we've finally got the three centre backs all performing well. It's a luxury not many teams have. I like Gyepes and always have. However, on current form I'd stick with Hudson and Gerrard long term. Gyepes is just as worthy though and I wouldn't have any problem with any of the three starting.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Zabier wrote:I think it's great we've finally got the three centre backs all performing well. It's a luxury not many teams have. I like Gyepes and always have. However, on current form I'd stick with Hudson and Gerrard long term. Gyepes is just as worthy though and I wouldn't have any problem with any of the three starting.

totaly agree dude

but i think hudson and gerrard are starting to look realy strong at the back its just silly mistakes thats letting us down

:ayatollah:

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:37 pm

gypes did rea;y well against bristol tuesday night with gerrard but i think hudson and gerrad are turning in to a great partnership if only we could keep kev and adam fit we could have a fantastic back 5 cause realy rate marshall as well[/quote]

Agreed 100%. Those 2 are our best choice at full back and Marshall is really finding his feet now.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:49 pm

2 teams in your avatar? - have you got a split personality? - afraid to give your 'kiddy team' up? ----- move on Dazza ----- proper football fans support ONE team....... :D

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:51 pm

DazzaCCFC wrote:
Zabier wrote:I think it's great we've finally got the three centre backs all performing well. It's a luxury not many teams have. I like Gyepes and always have. However, on current form I'd stick with Hudson and Gerrard long term. Gyepes is just as worthy though and I wouldn't have any problem with any of the three starting.

totaly agree dude

but i think hudson and gerrard are starting to look realy strong at the back its just silly mistakes thats letting us down

:ayatollah:

Yeah, the goals we concede usually come from a loss of possession due to lack of concentration up top. We'll make the playoffs though!

Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:

2 teams in your avatar? - have you got a split personality? - afraid to give your 'kiddy team' up? ----- move on Dazza ----- proper football fans support ONE team....... :D

lol thought it might have a comment on my pic lol oh well i have had it all my life mate its a family thing iv always fallowed them both i go to both teams games and proud of this fact

thanks for the concern though mate :) :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :)

Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:22 pm

Lawnmower wrote:gypes did rea;y well against bristol tuesday night with gerrard but i think hudson and gerrad are turning in to a great partnership if only we could keep kev and adam fit we could have a fantastic back 5 cause realy rate marshall as well

Agreed 100%. Those 2 are our best choice at full back and Marshall is really finding his feet now.[/quote]

thanks mate

and yeah if they can both stay fit we have 1 of the best back 5's in the championship
marshall makes some amazing saves every week

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:02 pm

At the moment, for me, it's Gyepes and Hudson to start. Hudson as you say has been superb for the last month and a bit.