Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Blowing Cardiffs best ever chance ? "

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:00 pm

whats going on with the bluebirds ? as a season ticket holder at Bolton avin Cardiff has my other team i am deeply worried city are blowin the best ever chance of promotion to the prem.why is this ? the standard of championship this season is piss poor no so called big clubs to contend with ie newcastle etc no ne of the relegated clubs to worry about due to financial problems ie pompey and hull and burnley obviously not as strong as some of the previosly relegated clubs and yet we are still strugglin to be consistent like qpr who are nothin special but seem to have a manager who the players wanna play for and knows how to get the best out of average players.as i said the standard is the weakest for some time and yet we are involved a dog fight instead of pulling away comfortably from the chasing pack,come on bluebirds dont let me down i stick my neck out every week up here cheering you on and prayin you will be playin at the reebok next season but for some reason city are to inconsistant in a poor division with players not good enough or not performing.
come on fellow bluebirds whats the reasons for this ?
whats your views on this ?
who really is to blame?
i await your replies with great interest :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: blowing cardiffs best ever chance ?

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:04 pm

Too many primma-donnas who couldnt give a f**k and a manager who cant man-manage our players but is happy to collect his huge wages.

Re: " Blowing Cardiffs best ever chance ? "

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:13 pm

From FaceBook

Grant Sheehan
Yes, need to pick it up
4 minutes ago · Like

Ieuan Bisatt
Big time ! A manager would dream to have a team this good in this league ! We would of been champions already with any other manager !
2 minutes ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin
Yes injurys not helpin at moment and havein useless bywater to
about a minute ago · Like

Annis Abraham Jnr
Anthony, we have virtually been injury Free This season, your sounding like Dave Jones and getting his excuse ready.
2 seconds ago · Like

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:19 pm

From Facebook

Zak Ccfc Emanuel
Yes !! We are /: best team in the league well should be we need a manger with passion for the club, we are the championship arsenal get so close then f**k it up when it matters simple as ..
4 minutes ago · Like

Paul Harrington
yeah lets not blame the injuries, we were messing it up before that. although 8 games left we are still there, still have a chance
3 minutes ago · Like

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:23 pm

From Facebook

Annis Abraham Jnr
Every Club gets injuries
about a minute ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin
I not blamin injuries all season just at moment weve had bad luck wiv em and ive said shitloads what i think of dave jones its only four points to b made up but we need 7 or 8 wins really i will b spewin if we f**k it up again
14 seconds ago · Like

John Hough-chippy
Blowing it is an understatement, even if we win everygame from now we still have to look to norwich to drop points, we have been lucky at times where we have lost and the teams around us have also. again i see us in the playoffs riding our luck !! Its time the BIG players actually stepped up and took responsibilty in games
4 minutes ago · Like

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:24 pm

I did not want post this but!
In answer, on one point only:
Bellers came here, 'quote' iv;e come home my family, my home team, they even put my photo on the wall of Cardiff castle, this is Brilliant, hope i can take CITY to the prem.
Flash fwd 6 months...
'quote'
Will i be with Cardiff next season promotion or not???????????? unlikely, (Q) Would you reccomend a drop down to the championship to another Prem player? no way, worst decision i ever made, i love Cardiff and the fans, but this is not for me.

To rub salt in, he then says, only 2 teams play to his way of thinking, being SWANSEA and NORWICH
Make of that as you will Men... :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:26 pm

From Facebook

Ian Hallam
As far as I am concerned Dave Jones is on the verge of becoming a massive massive failure. I live in hope more than confidence we will pick it up. If I'm honest and I cant believe I'm saying this but in a way I hope we dont go up just so we can see the back of DJ. If we go up with him in charge it could be very embarrassing and just not worth it.
2 minutes ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin
I agree with the squad weve got we should be clear at top if we f**k up then i hope jonesy fucks off with the lazy prick bothroyd
A few seconds ago · Like

Aston Martyn Williams
It's already blown !!!
A few seconds ago · Like

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:29 pm

supercoops wrote:I did not want post this but!
In answer, on one point only:
Bellers came here, 'quote' iv;e come home my family, my home team, they even put my photo on the wall of Cardiff castle, this is Brilliant, hope i can take CITY to the prem.
Flash fwd 6 months...
'quote'
Will i be with Cardiff next season promotion or not???????????? unlikely, (Q) Would you reccomend a drop down to the championship to another Prem player? no way, worst decision i ever made, i love Cardiff and the fans, but this is not for me.

To rub salt in, he then says, only 2 teams play to his way of thinking, being SWANSEA and NORWICH
Make of that as you will Men... :ayatollah:

Makes you wonder what Bellamy thinks of Dave Jones now.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:21 pm

How may thought Everton would struggle when they lost Rooney? Liverpool when they lost Torres? Man Utd when they lost Ronaldo and van Nistleroy? Chelsea when carvalho and ballack went? Arsenal when bergkamp, Henry, Wright left???

If we don't go up and there's massive changes we could be very pleasantly surprised at what happens. Blackpool and Burnley didn't need a team of 'superstars' to get promoted in recent seasons.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:49 pm

From Facebook

Craig Robinson
if we do blow it one man is to blame jones!!!!! look at the players dropped this year mathews,chopra,burke ect yet whitts,naylor could do no wrong.the team play like the manager manages with no passion or pride and blames everyone else.facts are if hollaway,warnock or jewell where in charge we be 15 pts clear!!!!!

Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:34 am

tony r bolton wrote:whats going on with the bluebirds ? as a season ticket holder at Bolton avin Cardiff has my other team i am deeply worried city are blowin the best ever chance of promotion to the prem.why is this ? the standard of championship this season is piss poor no so called big clubs to contend with ie newcastle etc no ne of the relegated clubs to worry about due to financial problems ie pompey and hull and burnley obviously not as strong as some of the previosly relegated clubs and yet we are still strugglin to be consistent like qpr who are nothin special but seem to have a manager who the players wanna play for and knows how to get the best out of average players.as i said the standard is the weakest for some time and yet we are involved a dog fight instead of pulling away comfortably from the chasing pack,come on bluebirds dont let me down i stick my neck out every week up here cheering you on and prayin you will be playin at the reebok next season but for some reason city are to inconsistant in a poor division with players not good enough or not performing.
come on fellow bluebirds whats the reasons for this ?
whats your views on this ?
who really is to blame?
i await your replies with great interest :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It's funny how fans from other clubs can see it as it is. Yet some of our own fans are still in denial, still claiming DJ as some kind of God.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:36 pm

Our best chance was last season and he blew that.

This season was always going to be difficult because Jones had a blank cheque book, & was able to sign the best players he wanted for the team. That was the problem - he has lost the ability to buy players. He always makes the wrong decisons. Where are the McNaughtons, R Johnsons, McCormacks of yesteryear?

I had no doubt we would struggle. The make up of the squad was unbalanced, still is. There is no solidity. No midfield general. No defensive cover.

He said he had the best squad this club had ever had, and still maintains the club is making progress.

He failed massively on all counts.

Yes we might scrape it through the back door (the one he always says we never keep shut) and despite "switching off" but I doubt it.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:13 pm

100% they are, just think ,if you were a Cardiff Player and then you knew Bellers was going to join you to help ,you as a player would be over the moon, and want to work as hard as we all know Bellers do. That team should be walking away with it, I cant see us getting a better chance than we have now, Or should I say DID HAVE ! cos we are now playing catch up.

Re: blowing cardiffs best ever chance ?

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:40 pm

murphy wrote:Too many primma-donnas who couldnt give a f**k and a manager who cant man-manage our players but is happy to collect his huge wages.

This.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:16 pm

Too many primma-donnas who couldnt give a f**k and a manager who cant man-manage our players but is happy to collect his huge wages.

This is 100% accurate, to follow it on, Jonesy has no control over his players, with the likes of Darcy pissing it up through to Chopra gambling, it's an absolute disgrace.

With the group of lads we have, we should be 15 points clear of the top but there's no team togetherness, you can see that by the way they play, Jonesy has chopped and changed players and their positions all season and I feel its had an effect on the way they play, JET summed it up in the first half against Leicester when he looked over to Jones and was shrugging his shoulders as if to say where I am meant to be playing.

It says a lot for Championship football when a team like Norwich who come up from Division 1 are sitting firmly in 2nd spot 8 games before the end of the season, but they deserve to be there, Paul Lambert has distilled a killer instinct into his players, a never say die ethic, the players carry on till the end regardless of if they're winning or losing, they're grounded and that's the problem with City players, a few of them would rather piss it up a night before a match rather than get an early night and prepare mentally for the game ahead.

It's simples, City have to come out fighting after the break, and hope Norwich and Swansea drop points during the 8 run period.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:16 pm

JONES - he's fucked us, end of.

The man harps on about how far we've come? What utter bollocks.

Where City were three/four years ago has no relevance at all now.

He NOW has:

Bothroyd
Chopra
Bellamy
Whittingham
Burke
McNaughton
Hudson
Keinan
Olifinjana......

Make no bones about it. If Warnock, Billy Davies or Paul Lambert had these players at their
disposal they would already be home and dry.

Jones blamed the quality of players for his first few seasons here, now hes blaming just about
ANYTHING for our demise. The prick even intimated that our players were a bit unsettled by
the Millwall atmosphere??

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:19 pm

Cheers Tony from Bolton W :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I hope Samuel is Good :ayatollah: