Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I DONT BELIEVE THEY WILL SHUT PART OF THE NINIAN STAND "

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:34 pm

I DONT BELIEVE THEY WILL SHUT PART OF THE NINIAN STAND FOR OUR FANS "

Lets put it this way Man Utd give 3,000 to the away teams MAX for a league game.
Bolton This Season were only given 1,500.

Liverpool Max 3,000.
Chelsea 1,500 -3,000 Max.

The structure of the Ninian Stand is NOT SET UP FOR AWAY FANS(Ask Corky).

WE CURRENTLY GIVE 2,200 MAX, WHY WOULD WE INCREASE IT ?
You do not have to give any more to Away Clubs if promoted, ONLY IN THE CUP DO WE HAVE TO.

Re: " I DONT BELIEVE THEY WILL SHUT PART OF THE NINIAN STAND "

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:38 pm

im pretty sure united give about 7k tickets...thought in the league its 10%?

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:im pretty sure united give about 7k tickets...thought in the league its 10%?

No they DEF ONLY Give 3,000 Max in the league, its down to the home Clubs, Check it out.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I DONT BELIEVE THEY WILL SHUT PART OF THE NINIAN STAND FOR OUR FANS "

Lets put it this way Man Utd give 3,000 to the away teams MAX for a league game.

Liverpool Max 3,000.

You do not have to give any more to Away Clubs if promoted, ONLY IN THE CUP DO WE HAVE TO.

Surely when the plans were made to build CCS everyone concerned would have known about this increase in away allocation should we reach the Premiership and the stadium would have been built with those specifications in mind.

There is no way any increased allocation would be designated to be moved along the Ninian Stand because there is a great big f**king concrete wall on the concourse to separate home fans and away fans. Just what do they plan to do knock this wall down and rebuild it every time we get promoted or relegated?

I always treated with suspicion the comments by Gethin Jenkins on this matter and to be honest I think it was a ruse aimed at moving you all out of the Ninian Stand and over to the Canton, where the plan was to allow standing for a short while until some other excuse emerged to stop it there.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Away fans at Manchester United are located in the south corner of the East stand. Usual ticket allocation is up to 3000. Its a percentage of 3.94 as the capacity is 76,212 so you have a point Annis.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:54 pm

3k is shite, id give 10%

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I DONT BELIEVE THEY WILL SHUT PART OF THE NINIAN STAND FOR OUR FANS "

Liverpool Max 3,000.

Here is the relevant section of the FA Premier League Handbook and a link to the handbook itself

7. Unless otherwise agreed by the Board or between the Clubs, each Home Club shall make
available to its Visiting Club:
7.1 3,000 tickets or, if the capacity of the Home Club’s ground is less than 30,000, such
number of tickets as is equal to 10 per cent. of its ground capacity

http://www.premierleague.com/staticFile ... 252,00.pdf

Hopefully it won't be an issue though ;)

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:48 pm

ive been told by a steward at the burnley game that block 117 and 118 will be for away fans aswell as the corner

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:51 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:ive been told by a steward at the burnley game that block 117 and 118 will be for away fans aswell as the corner

Certain people in Our Club are getting the stewards to spread these rumours, so families will take your places.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:52 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:ive been told by a steward at the burnley game that block 117 and 118 will be for away fans aswell as the corner

Did he cover you with any excrement mate? That's the only thing that comes out of their mouths

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:55 pm

thats more than man u give away fans,cant see it myself

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:56 pm

boxerbob wrote:

ITS 100% NOT TRUE.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:04 pm

I genuinely can't see any truth in this.

Not because I disbelief the steward told you.

But what would the club gain from cutting back the Ninian Stand? They make more money from the higher prices in ticket sales and the family stand is nearly always half empty.

Where is the logic? What does anyone stand to gain from this?

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
boxerbob wrote:

ITS 100% NOT TRUE.

some of them stewards are dodgy twats

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:11 pm

my dad went and met someone i think it might have been julian jenkins. and he told him that our seats in 117 right on the edge nearest 118 would be fine and we wont be moved next year.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:16 pm

really hope they don't increase the away stand. i mentioned to someone a few weeks ago that if they increased the away end and we did go up maybe build the top tier above the away section as a home end. build a bit of atmosphere

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:19 pm

Last season we were 90 mins away from the premier league but there was no mention from the club of extended the away end into the ninian, they are scaremongering and using the stewards to spread their bullshit

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:21 pm

the blue path wrote:Last season we were 90 mins away from the premier league but there was no mention from the club of extended the away end into the ninian, they are scaremongering and using the stewards to spread their bullshit

They just dont want an Atmosphere by there, they have NO intentions on giving the area to Away Fans.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:31 pm

What is the current capacity of your ground and the current capacity of your away end?

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:37 pm

just under 27k and away stand is around 2100? i think

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:44 pm

lewis91 wrote:just under 27k and away stand is around 2100? i think

In which case you'd need to find approx 600 additional seats from the home section if by some freak of nature :mrgreen: , you were to get promoted.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:58 pm

no one sells out here anyway, in the prem its would only be the top 6 and a few other teams that would sell 2k...the rest like wigan birmingham west brom bolton etc probably wouldnt sell out down here like you :D