Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A TEAM OF GRAFTERS GET YOU PROMOTED

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:13 pm

out of this league, what with the 46 game schedule. The present team would actually be more suited to the PL. The Championship is too "High Impact" for many of our star players.

I realised this last year, which is why I have not been surprised by our apparent burn out. Leicester City are a mirror image of our current fortunes.

That said, I still think we can do it.

Re: A TEAM OF GRAFTERS GET YOU PROMOTED

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:15 pm

Joff wrote:out of this league, what with the 46 game schedule. The present team would actually be more suited to the PL. The Championship is too "High Impact" for many of our star players.

I realised this last year, which is why I have not been surprised by our apparent burn out. Leicester City are a mirror image of our current fortunes.

That said, I still think we can do it.

Correct Joff, We need Grafters out there, But DJ does not believe in that type of player.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:36 pm

We also need chemistry.

In previous years we had real partnerships; Thorne & Earnie, Johnson & Loovens, Boland & Bonner, Kav & Anyone, and these were pivotal!

Now we have nothing in midfield, no centre back partnership for 36 games, Strikers who don't seem to be working together anymore. Everything is just a bit stale.

Swansea, Norwich & Leeds (+QPR who i forgot) have this chemistry, they have players who work their bollocks off for each other and have really forged a togtherness. And this is what I think is lacking!

Grafters provide this because they know their individual worth is marginal compared to what they can do as part of a team!

Oringinal post is spot on! Grafters get you up, grafters we aint got and going up we are not :shock: :cry: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Good post,u only have to look as far as blackpool last season,team of nobodys (with all due respect) apart from charlie adam but they were a hard working team and a good unit,something thats been missin this season :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:13 pm

Joff, spot on, pity DJ doesn't go for these sort of players. Put 11 grafters on the field and 9 times out of 10 you'll get success. Put a team of non-grafters on the field and you get what you deserve - FAILURE.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Too many individuals in our team and a handful of Prima donnas (spelling) who think they are better than what they actually are, thats the problem with our team and attitude to.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:49 pm

I agree 100% with you Joff :ayatollah: