Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BEN STEELE IS IN THE PREMIER LOUNGE TELLING EVERYONE

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:35 pm

My concern, Annis, is that his interest is purely speculative short termism, eye on "easy" profit should we get into the Prem.

I'm concerned about the debts - will Steele pay these off via loans to the club at a higher rate of interest?

I'm definitely in favour of the Malaysians - I'd rather owners methodical in checking everything out thoroughly. Ok, may not get players in as a consequence, but it's the long term interests of the club that are the absolute priority over short term gambling on promotion - which Ridsdale has continually done re wages.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:37 pm

nerd wrote:My concern, Annis, is that his interest is purely speculative short termism, eye on "easy" profit should we get into the Prem.

I'm concerned about the debts - will Steele pay these off via loans to the club at a higher rate of interest?

I'm definitely in favour of the Malaysians - I'd rather owners methodical in checking everything out thoroughly. Ok, may not get players in as a consequence, but it's the long term interests of the club that are the absolute priority over short term gambling on promotion - which Ridsdale has continually done re wages.

I am more for the malaysians, but we have to see if he is Genuine.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nerd wrote:My concern, Annis, is that his interest is purely speculative short termism, eye on "easy" profit should we get into the Prem.

Which is kinda my point.

The acid test is what he does if he takes over - balls it up, too late, we're damaged. We've zero publicly available information with which to assess the genuiness of Steele.

Can Guy block any acceptance as largest shareholder if he and Borley are still dealing with the Malaysians?

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:50 pm

You're saying what I was just thinking !!!!!! Haven't premier league clubs had this sort of thing done ? I can't understand it tho !!! How can you buy something and tell it to pay you back at a higher rate ? I tried it in Tesco last week with my shoppiong and they told me to feck off !!!! How does this scam work ???

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:52 pm

You have to be thicker than ben to think this halfwit has invested :cry:

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:54 pm

clarkey wrote:You have to be thicker than ben to think this halfwit has invested :cry:

Are you saying he won't ? I'm not in a position of any information so tell me ?

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:08 pm

nerd wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Which is kinda my point.

The acid test is what he does if he takes over - balls it up, too late, we're damaged. We've zero publicly available information with which to assess the genuiness of Steele.

Can Guy block any acceptance as largest shareholder if he and Borley are still dealing with the Malaysians?

if he wants to take control of the club there has to be an EGM with the shareholders.
if he dosent take control there will still be an EGM soon
either way there will be an opportunity for shareholders to voice their disapproval of our chairman

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:09 pm

OF course he won,t, this fella is full of shit and loves the limelight :roll:

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:13 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:

You're saying what I was just thinking !!!!!! Haven't premier league clubs had this sort of thing done ? I can't understand it tho !!! How can you buy something and tell it to pay you back at a higher rate ? I tried it in Tesco last week with my shoppiong and they told me to feck off !!!! How does this scam work ???

It works like this.

Steele doesn't pay £40m for CCFC he only pays £12m the cost of buying out Ridsdale/PMG & Others @ 30p per share, but also takes on the Langston/PMG debts as a going concern.

The debts are serviced on an 'interest only' basis, total cost between now and the summer approx. £500,000

The Hotel and Sport of Leisure land sites are sold off to pay the HMRC tax bill.

Dave Jones given a boosted playing budget and signs 3 loan players which costs the club £500,000 between now and the summer.

The £3m raised through season ticket sales plus walk up/sponsorship/prize money etc is enough to keep the club going until the summer.

We make the play-offs and are promoted to the EPL. The Club sold in the summer for £30m plus debts.

Easy money

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:15 pm

And then you wake up :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:The Hotel and Sport of Leisure land sites are sold off to pay the HMRC tax bill.

Can't be done, certainly not the sport site that needs to be built to fulfill the contract with the council for the stadium development.

Equally, I'd suspect anybody trying to buy that land will find planning permission problems.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:24 pm

nerd wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:The Hotel and Sport of Leisure land sites are sold off to pay the HMRC tax bill.

Can't be done, certainly not the sport site that needs to be built to fulfill the contract with the council for the stadium development.

Equally, I'd suspect anybody trying to buy that land will find planning permission problems.

There might be a problem with the House of Sport site, although as a property developer there is nothing stopping Ben Steele from building the House of Sport himself.

The Hotel plot can be sold Ridsdale confirmed that at the Muni Club. The plot already has planning permission for a hotel.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:34 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
nerd wrote:

There might be a problem with the House of Sport site, although as a property developer there is nothing stopping Ben Steele from building the House of Sport himself.

The Hotel plot can be sold Ridsdale confirmed that at the Muni Club. The plot already has planning permission for a hotel.

Sure, Steele may build the house of sport himself - but it needs to be built and pretty quickly as it's already heavily delayed.

Equally, the hotel plot land can, as it stands, only be used for a hotel, thus reducing it's value if sold on.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:40 pm

nerd wrote:
Sure, Steele may build the house of sport himself - but it needs to be built and pretty quickly as it's already heavily delayed.

Equally, the hotel plot land can, as it stands, only be used for a hotel, thus reducing it's value if sold on.

The House of Sports is supposed to be built by 31 Dec this year.

However, I'm sure the council wouldn't mind too much providing the project was under way by then.

The value of the hotel plot is between £1.5/2.5m as revealed by Ridsdale at the Muni Club. Two years ago it was valued at £5m

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:48 pm

Annis, or anyone that will know?

Does thid guy have enough money for years to come. Is he a long term investor or just some one for a short term earner?

Hope he buys us though :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:50 pm

chippy909 wrote:Annis, or anyone that will know?

Does thid guy have enough money for years to come. Is he a long term investor or just some one for a short term earner?

I honestly don't know, but my guess is he isn't paying anything like £40m.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:05 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:
BluebirdsFan101 wrote:If he gets Ridsdale (and the other leeches) to go and sorts out our finances, I'm happy.

I don't mind that he "only" has £200m since at the moment we need someone to sort out our finances, NOT to spend more and get us into more mess.

I agree with you. We need finances sorted ASAP. Then going forward we need a sensible plan. I had never heard of this guy before , so I worry he may be another leech is my worry. I am not in a position to know what plans anyone has for OUR club , so I'm just worrying here instead. But I guess you're saying "something gotta change" and on that I agree !

Yep, my post was basically saying "something's gotta change". I too hope he's not a leech.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:15 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:
Gareth Bluebird wrote:
BluebirdsFan101 wrote:If he gets Ridsdale (and the other leeches) to go and sorts out our finances, I'm happy.

I don't mind that he "only" has £200m since at the moment we need someone to sort out our finances, NOT to spend more and get us into more mess.

I agree with you. We need finances sorted ASAP. Then going forward we need a sensible plan. I had never heard of this guy before , so I worry he may be another leech is my worry. I am not in a position to know what plans anyone has for OUR club , so I'm just worrying here instead. But I guess you're saying "something gotta change" and on that I agree !

Yep, my post was basically saying "something's gotta change". I too hope he's not a leech.

The trouble is Ben Steele is an ex-car salesman.

So expect our players to be sold as seen in straight cash deals from now on...

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:19 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:
Gareth Bluebird wrote:

He must be a leech! nobody in Cardiff knows anything about him, and i doubt he knows much about us! so why would he chose Cardiff?

Answer: To make wonga!

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:23 pm

God all this info makes me giddy :roll: All i want is for our club to be safe :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Im always very nervy about all this now,i dont trust know one anymore when my cardiff city is concerned,35years of following them and seeing the likes of tony clemo who fucked cardiff up for years,iv been there through all the bad times and the little good times,but if you are asking me to trust any more where cardiff is concerned,well i dont anymore,i just pray and wish them all the best and i hope it all goes well now,because its us the fans who deserve it,we can be a great club if given the chance to be.All the best cardiff city .(If you are the real thing Mr steele show some heart and we will love you like a brother,but dont f**k us around cos we are not going to be treated like shit anymore,because with out us you are nothing.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:14 pm

chippy909 wrote:Annis, or anyone that will know?

I think he is a short term investor, in my opinion.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:That he has agreed a deal with Guy and Ridsdale and it will be done by This Thursday/Friday.
3 people have texted me saying this from the Premier seats.
They reckon he is going round shaking everyones hands and telling them this.

I dont know what to think, I hope its True, BUT DOES IT REALLY HAPPEN TO US.

Apparently Ridsdale looks like he has won the pools.

I STILL HAVE MY DOUBTS.

Ridsdale brought him to the players dressing room after the game and they were shouting get your money out.

Seems i got my fridays mixed up!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:19 pm

When Soton asked him to show the colour of his money guess what happened? :lol:

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:21 pm

ihatealiens wrote:When Soton asked him to show the colour of his money guess what happened? :lol:

Thats whats at the back of my mind.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:14 am

my post was deleted which part of

if steele invests i hope
1) he got the cash
2) he gets rid of ridsdale
3) he wont have fans around his arse

it was deleted :?

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:49 am

First post here as a Swansea Jack and I come in peace - it may be my only one post!
My Advice = march, post, email, protest and do what it takes to get that cancer PR out of your club. You might go back a step but think of the future. You don't deserve a b*stard like him ruining your footballing weekends home or away! I am a staunch jack with many city friends and to be honest when we (swansea) went through the shit with petty many of my CCFC backed us. All I am saying is get together, unite and say enough is a f*cking enough! PR is taking the piss out of hard working CCFC fans and their wages FFS!

Best of luck this season - get the fucker out - it's in your hands!

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:24 am

bloo wrote:First post here as a Swansea Jack and I come in peace - it may be my only one post!
My Advice = march, post, email, protest and do what it takes to get that cancer PR out of your club. You might go back a step but think of the future. You don't deserve a b*stard like him ruining your footballing weekends home or away! I am a staunch jack with many city friends and to be honest when we (swansea) went through the shit with petty many of my CCFC backed us. All I am saying is get together, unite and say enough is a f*cking enough! PR is taking the piss out of hard working CCFC fans and their wages FFS!

Best of luck this season - get the fucker out - it's in your hands!

cheers for the support and your right, he needs to get out of our club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:09 am

If the Malaysians are that rich and Ben Steele is a money man. Wouldnt it be sensible for Ben Steele to buy the club now, clear the debts and hopefully get players in before the window shuts. Then sell to the malaysians making a handsome profit ?

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:32 am

GarethGardner wrote:If the Malaysians are that rich and Ben Steele is a money man. Wouldnt it be sensible for Ben Steele to buy the club now, clear the debts and hopefully get players in before the window shuts. Then sell to the malaysians making a handsome profit ?

Sound like a good idea but would the Malaysians let someone make money off their backs when they are close to dealing themsevles? I can't see the takeover and bringing in 3 new players before the transfer window shuts. :ayatollah: