Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: People who thought that Garry Speed was better than Tosh

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:55 pm

FFs, he had 2 days to prepare against the Irish with a decimated squad and today is his first prepared game. Anything is better than Toshack

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:59 pm

He's atrocious.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:01 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:FFs, he had 2 days to prepare against the Irish with a decimated squad and today is his first prepared game. Anything is better than Toshack

Bollocks.

Care to point out what Speed ever won as a manager? The great jobs he's done?

Tosh had numerous problems to face with the squad, scrapped the old "give bjs to the older crap players" attitude, blooded the youngsters.

Speed inherited a squad who have *some* experience.

He's a shit manager who the FAw spent 500k on "buying" when he was going to be fired in the near future...

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:08 pm

Midfield general wrote:were living on cloud 9!!!

FFS..................Give him a chance eh???? :roll:

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:08 pm

Disagree butty...
Gary speed is a breath of fresh air in comparison, he his blooding young guys as a team for the future, this competition is already over for Wales no matter what the score....Tosh was a dictator who ruined quite a few careers if i remember...

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:11 pm

nerd wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:FFs, he had 2 days to prepare against the Irish with a decimated squad and today is his first prepared game. Anything is better than Toshack

Bollocks.

Care to point out what Speed ever won as a manager? The great jobs he's done?

Tosh had numerous problems to face with the squad, scrapped the old "give bjs to the older crap players" attitude, blooded the youngsters.

Speed inherited a squad who have *some* experience.

He's a shit manager who the FAw spent 500k on "buying" when he was going to be fired in the near future...

I care to point out nothing, I just think its laughable that people are slatting him on only his second game in charge.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Speed... Another sorry farce

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Failed miserably at Sheffield United, it's a shame he never took the Swansea Job...........

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Failed miserably at Sheffield United, it's a shame he never took the Swansea Job...........

Looks like he`s watched too much football at swansea last season 60 mins of me to you at the back

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Midfield general wrote:

Rubbish Rich, the WFA and many supporters thought Speed was the answer. Well he would have been sacked by Sheffield Utd had he stayed there!!!

Whats rubbish about it, he had 2 days to prepare for the Irish game with less than half a squad and this is just his 2nd game. Im not defending him Im merely not over reacting by slatting him on just his 2nd game in-charge.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:25 pm

It's his first meaningful game in charge ffs, give him a chance. Granted he wasn't my pick for the job but let's support our country hey.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:32 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

Rubbish Rich, the WFA and many supporters thought Speed was the answer. Well he would have been sacked by Sheffield Utd had he stayed there!!!

Whats rubbish about it, he had 2 days to prepare for the Irish game with less than half a squad and this is just his 2nd game. Im not defending him Im merely not over reacting by slatting him on just his 2nd game in-charge.

2-0-0 down, persists with one up front.

Face facts, he was going to be sacked by a Championship side. When managers with proven international pedigree like Lagerback were available, you seriously think Speed was the best option?

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:36 pm

Whats rubbish about it, he had 2 days to prepare for the Irish game with less than half a squad and this is just his 2nd game. Im not defending him Im merely not over reacting by slatting him on just his 2nd game in-charge.[/quote]

Face facts, he was going to be sacked by a Championship side. When managers with proven international pedigree like Lagerback were available, you seriously think Speed was the best option?[/quote]

I reiterate " I AM NOT DEFENDING HIM" merely stating that its just his second game in charge, he probably was going to get sacked and not my choice of manager but I wouldnt slate him after JUST 2 games.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:45 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Whats rubbish about it, he had 2 days to prepare for the Irish game with less than half a squad and this is just his 2nd game. Im not defending him Im merely not over reacting by slatting him on just his 2nd game in-charge.

Face facts, he was going to be sacked by a Championship side. When managers with proven international pedigree like Lagerback were available, you seriously think Speed was the best option?[/quote]

I reiterate " I AM NOT DEFENDING HIM" merely stating that its just his second game in charge, he probably was going to get sacked and not my choice of manager but I wouldnt slate him after JUST 2 games.[/quote]

Please tell us all then how many games he can f**k things up for without being slated...

Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:36 pm

nerd wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Whats rubbish about it, he had 2 days to prepare for the Irish game with less than half a squad and this is just his 2nd game. Im not defending him Im merely not over reacting by slatting him on just his 2nd game in-charge.

Face facts, he was going to be sacked by a Championship side. When managers with proven international pedigree like Lagerback were available, you seriously think Speed was the best option?

I reiterate " I AM NOT DEFENDING HIM" merely stating that its just his second game in charge, he probably was going to get sacked and not my choice of manager but I wouldnt slate him after JUST 2 games.[/quote]

Please tell us all then how many games he can f**k things up for without being slated...[/quote]

Who knows, slate away if it makes you feel happier. I think you'll find that it was well fucked up before his regime of 2 games, nothing will ever change with Wales just like the City. We'll always be the nearly teams.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:42 pm

Why did my post about the 'negativity' get deleted?

Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:50 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Who knows, slate away if it makes you feel happier. I think you'll find that it was well fucked up before his regime of 2 games, nothing will ever change with Wales just like the City. We'll always be the nearly teams.

Not with the right manager.

Look at Lagerback's international record. Look at Sanchez - similar player pool to Wales, did a good job with NI.

Yet the FAW yet again showed an insularity, based on the "Welsh man the best option" approach, with an utterly unproven manager. Christ, Hughes lived off one good year, one great result...

Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:02 pm

Two games lads... two games. Let's not start with the anti-Speed stuff. I'm sure people have other preferred choices but we have Speed so let's give him our backing. This campaign is a write off so let's wait until 2014 qualifying.

For what it is worth Speed wasn't necessarily my choice but he needs time to show what he can do. More time than two games.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:05 pm

toshack ruined all the work hughes did so we are back to how we were whooping boys of international football, dont know any manager who could do a job for us now.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:06 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:toshack ruined all the work hughes did so we are back to how we were whooping boys of international football, dont know any manager who could do a job for us now.

Can you not remember how shit we became under Hughes? After the Russia away game we were dreadful. Hughes got us within one game of the Euros but he was also at fault for us not getting there. So many mistakes in that Russia home game that cost us.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:08 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:toshack ruined all the work hughes did so we are back to how we were whooping boys of international football, dont know any manager who could do a job for us now.

And what work did Hughes do?

Surounding his one good year were the first and third worst in Welsh history.

Toshack, playing kids, got more points than Hughes in fewer games.

Tosh played kids, giving them experience for the future. Hughes persisted with his favourites, 30 somethings with an intrnational career of failure and on the decline.

So how precisely did Tosh ruin "all of the work Hughes did" and what exactly was that work Hughes did?

Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:09 pm

Zabier wrote:

Can you not remember how shit we became under Hughes? After the Russia away game we were dreadful. Hughes got us within one game of the Euros but he was also at fault for us not getting there. So many mistakes in that Russia home game that cost us.

yeah i was gutted but its the best ive seen wales.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Zabier wrote:Two games lads... two games. Let's not start with the anti-Speed stuff. I'm sure people have other preferred choices but we have Speed so let's give him our backing. This campaign is a write off so let's wait until 2014 qualifying.

For what it is worth Speed wasn't necessarily my choice but he needs time to show what he can do. More time than two games.

I POSTED SOMETHING SIMILAR MATE!
Not gonna bother posting my own opinion again, don't seem much point in it to be honest because when you do your post just gets DELETED! :(

Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:13 pm

nerd wrote:

Tosh played kids, giving them experience for the future. Hughes persisted with his favourites, 30 somethings with an intrnational career of failure and on the decline.

So how precisely did Tosh ruin "all of the work Hughes did" and what exactly was that work Hughes did?

toshack kept falling out with players who would have been good to play with the younger players in a non perverted way, i hated toshacks wales it was awful, just my opinion.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:15 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:
nerd wrote:

toshack kept falling out with players who would have been good to play with the younger players in a non perverted way, i hated toshacks wales it was awful, just my opinion.

In Toshack's defence, I think some of our best away performances came under him. If only he could have got the tactics right at home. His home record was awful. However, I think away from home we became one of the most difficult teams to play against.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:41 pm

to be honest, it doesnt matter who the manager is, we only got 2 or 3 good players in the squad, what has the manager got to work with?

Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:50 pm

ninianblue wrote:to be honest, it doesnt matter who the manager is, we only got 2 or 3 good players in the squad, what has the manager got to work with?

Exactly what I was going to say. We have a very poor pool of players to choose from in general. With the players on show, I doubt any manager could have got a result today.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:55 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:toshack kept falling out with players who would have been good to play with the younger players in a non perverted way, i hated toshacks wales it was awful, just my opinion.

Such as? Savage? Who whined about plantains, went out to a service station and distributed crisps and sweets to the younger players?

Danny Collins who, TWICE, failed to attend games without even contacting the FAW?

Speed, who was within a year of quitting as a player anyway?

Endless list, players stomping their feet and quitting. One name; Craig Bellamy. Slated Tosh's appointment, but worked bis bollocks off for Wales. Whereas the other pro players you seem to feel would have been good influences ( despite having been proven failures internationally ) all took their ball and went home...

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:35 pm

Speed out....Giggs in!

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:56 pm

And Giggs has proven managerial experience?

there were options who have achieved.

Lagerback for example.