Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sam Hammam must be mad.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:47 pm

IF it's true that Vincent Tan wants to seriously purchase Cardiff City Football Club outright, then Sam Hammam would be " off his rocker" to enter into a reduced repayment plan at this stage unless he was desperate for cash funding.

If I was Hammam I would be holding out for the best possible price for instant settlement if a serious billionaire was wanting to seriously buy the football Club with serious future intentions, not taking offers of heavy discount settlements.

Hammam put in heavy investment to drag Cardiff City from the bottom rotting away , to the top of the Championship before his departure and now a billionaire wants to offer him a discount settlement?

Re: Sam Hammam must be mad.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Unless the investment depends on Hammam's involvement? Maybe the Malaysians have refused to get involved unless the loan is paid back at a reduced rate? I don't know.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:55 pm

What would you do if you were a billionaire and wanted to buy a football club? How would you deal with Langston yourself?

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:04 pm

TNT wrote:What would you do if you were a billionaire and wanted to buy a football club? How would you deal with Langston yourself?

Your right If I was Sam, then I would def want to be in on the action and it makes sence. Even PR last night admitted if Sam does Not sign then No Take over.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:10 pm

TNT wrote:What would you do if you were a billionaire and wanted to buy a football club? How would you deal with Langston yourself?

That's what I have been trying to point out on the other message board, but people seem to want to remain oblivious as to what is staring them in the face. There is no real evidence to suggest that any billionaire wants to get involved. Ridsdale reckond he has met Vincent Tan and they are at a stage of doing due dilligence. Then goes onto telling everyone, that they have put a deal together to pay Langston £80k a month! Why waste time doing that, if you have a Billionaire at the stage of due dilligence, fecking laughable! No doubt many in the audience last night lapped it up!

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:12 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

That's what I have been trying to point out on the other message board, but people seem to want to remain oblivious as to what is staring them in the face. There is no real evidence to suggest that any billionaire wants to get involved. Ridsdale reckond he has met Vincent Tan and they are at a stage of doing due dilligence. Then goes onto telling everyone, that they have put a deal together to pay Langston £80k a month! Why waste time doing that, if you have a Billionaire at the stage of due dilligence, fecking laughable! No doubt many in the audience last night lapped it up!

I agree but lets be honest look at some of the posaters your talking to on there some of them are barely out of their nappies and others just like being arseholes :lol:

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:17 pm

Perhaps they should have accepted his offer to come onto the Cardiff City Board.

Perhaps this is the only way to go forward if he declines to sign the deal put forward on the table?

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:24 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Doesn't seem to add up at all Leystonblue. 80k per month one statement, repaid in 12 mnths another statement with a fine scheme if not repaid ( strange action for a billionaire), and TG has invested millions with no due dilligence whatsover in another statement.

Is there any point in giving any credence to any of Peter's statements , he doesn't seem to actually know himself how to keep to the same statement!

Someone is playing games here, I think it just maybe be TG, and Ridsdale in desperation is allowing his imagination to go with his own dreams. No suprise then that Mr " dealbreaker" Harris hasnt any involvement albeit hes paid a salary to do just so by Cardiff City.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm

From what I have heard from last nights meeting, there are way too many inconsistencies, and it concerns me deeply. I never thought it would happen, but I see more chance of Sam Hammam coming back to the club, than of any Billionaire investor coming on board. I can't see Langston signing any further agreement that reduces the debt that they have reduced already. If I can see them getting played, then I'm sure they can see that for themselves. This will drag onto January, and a new legal battle will begin, Langston will call PMG's bluff. If PMG value the club and have a stomach for a fight they will pump money into the legal battle, if not they will settle with Langston and allow Sam Hammam back onto the board for reduced debt agreement.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:43 pm

I don't know if you have seen my post this morning on my views to last nights meeting viewtopic.php?f=2&t=388 but as you say nothing at all makes any sense whatsoever.

I feel you are far nearer the truth in your posting.

This TG could be a stooge for another " honey trap", hes come on the board a month prior to a court case and is talking up his " contacts" .

Something is not right at all here. Reports he's got on the board for a small sum of £200,000, which Ridsdale calls millions ?

And lets not forget another factor........ his son wants to play for the Club ?

If they give his son a contract in the vein attempt to get TG to bring in his " contacts" he would have his 200k back shortly anyway on the wages Ridsdale pays!

I for one am starting to believe that Vincent Tan himself has totally no interest in buying Cardiff City Football Club and it's all a rouse for a unknown reason as of yet.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:09 pm

They could buy the club and make langston sweat.I mean by that, let Langston take the club to court.Judge rules in Citys favour
langston wait till 2016 to get there money.
Sam would have to go in the dock and explain the fanancial dealings whilst at City.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:38 pm

I'd say - I'm not going to chuck stupid money at this, I'm going to take a gradual involvement and if things don't work out I'll pull the plug.

Here you go Mr H £10m - its £10m more than you are going to get without me.

Guy and Hall have pulled the Admin card on him before, who's to say they aren't now. Accept the lower amount, or we'll go into admin.

I also have a feeling that Sam has lost family credibility over this which in his culture is very important, and many reports before have said that he was desperate for cash and would accept a deal. £10m now or risk getting nothing, don't forget the last deal reduced the debt to £15m anyway.

many of us in business have had to take a fraction of what was owed when a debt goes a bit 'smelly' and City's debt to Sam stinks like a bus-load of Jacks.

No guarantee that Tan is on board at all, but thinking that just because Sam isnt being paid in full that Tan isnt interested is a bit too simplistic.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:55 pm

That to me shows no serious contention of purchase and the real reason why.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:00 pm

TNT wrote:That to me shows no serious contention of purchase and the real reason why.

Plenty of people have lost big money through football -ask Mr Ashby.

With all the imponderables with City at the moment, its not unthinkable that whoever is involved would want to dip a toe in first.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:02 pm

TNT wrote:That to me shows no serious contention of purchase and the real reason why.

So because Tan, for example, isn't throwing squillions at Hammam, there's "no serious contention of purchase"?
So because Tan, for example, is conducting due diligence, there's "no serious contention of purchase"?

Interesting view.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:31 pm

TNT wrote: And lets not forget another factor........ his son wants to play for the Club ?

If they give his son a contract in the vein attempt to get TG to bring in his " contacts" he would have his 200k back shortly anyway on the wages Ridsdale pays!

'Nick' was released from his trial about a month ago - one week before it was due to finish. Paul Wilkinson told him he wasnt good enough! That is a fact as my mate was on trial the same time and spoke to him just after he was told.