Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Understanding the fan base and utilising the passion "

Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:24 pm

At a point where the relationship between the fans and the club is a little strained to say the least, considering booing of players/ lack of appreciation from the manager and players to our match day support, the conduct of stewards as directed by the clubs hierachy and their approach to addressing the atmosphere issue etc etc. I believe the club could do well to imitate the model of some of the clubs concentrated in the Northwest of England.

We have towns like Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn etc with small populations but are firmly established Premier league clubs. I read somewhere previously that these clubs are viewed as having some of the best football supports/ fan bases un Europe due to the populations of the towns.

Our club will have both different challenges and similar challenges in order to create and sustain a similar of support and success both on and off the pitch, however the principles that drive that success remain the same. Core values such as prioritising and incorporating within the management and strategy of club the ability to listen to what we expect or want the club to do in order to shape our desired match day experience, and to create a club that accomodates the needs of the fan base, is a reflection of our local communities and remains a focal point of those communities.

I do believe various strides are being made in the right direction, and the fact that Gethin Jenkins has met various members of this forum to address issues we have is an indication of this. However as we continue to work through an unprecedented period of our history (new stadium, rise in gates, potential promotion to the Prem for the first time) I do believe we are far from being able to say we are pleased & satisfied with the clubs conduct in its bid for success in covering all aspects in what is currently a pivotal period.

If we were to achieve promotion, it would certainly be interesting to see what approach the club adopts in respect of these points raised and what 'type' of club they'd want to mould..

Re: " Understanding the fan base and utilising the passion "

Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Good post. :ayatollah: