Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Homophobia Must Stop

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:38 pm

As a gay Cardiff fan, I find some of the comments on here to be terribly upsetting. We are all human and it's sad in the 21st century people still aren't accepted for who they are. It's wrong that racism is seen as unacceptable but homophobia is tolerated amongst certain sections of society. All you are achieving is alienating Cardiff's gay supporters and I think it's wrong.
Last edited by Roath_Bluebird on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The homophobia must stop

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:40 pm

I have no idea if you're serious or not, but it is getting a bit pathetic now.

Wow, some fans went into a gay bar. Big f*cking deal.

Re: The Homophobia Must Stop

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:44 pm

Roath_Bluebird wrote:As a gay Cardiff fan, I find some of the comments on here to be terribly upsetting. We are all human and it's sad in the 21st century people still aren't accepted for who they are. It's wrong that racism is seen as unacceptable but homophobia is tolerated amongst certain sections of society. All you are achieving is alienating Cardiff's gay supporters and I think it's wrong.

mate if this is serious I was thinking today. If we play them and start shouting gay abuse it's going to be a big problem!!

We do fine as we are with the abuse we don't need to add this!! It's like were clutching onto anything we can to get at them!
The fact were capital is enough! :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Roath_Bluebird wrote:As a gay Cardiff fan, I find some of the comments on here to be terribly upsetting. We are all human and it's sad in the 21st century people still aren't accepted for who they are. It's wrong that racism is seen as unacceptable but homophobia is tolerated amongst certain sections of society. All you are achieving is alienating Cardiff's gay supporters and I think it's wrong.

Annis dislikes this.

Nah just kidding mate, I'm gay too.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:53 pm

Personally, I just see it as very ironic that the Jacks (who are most likely blatant homophobes to add to xenophobes) were made to drink in a place that, ordinarily, they would baulk at. Their worst nightmare came true, which I and others find very amusing.

Personally, nothing to do with homophobia. I'm not homophobic (I just hate everyone)

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:54 pm

Their even at it in Poland now http://www.teczowatrybuna2012.pl/node/4 a Polish gay movement for the euro 2012 tournament , A spokesman from Planet swans say s they will have a similair section added soon. :ayatollah:

>>>>Teczowa Trybuna 2012, or Rainbow Stand 2012, calls itself the first-ever gay fan club for Poland's national team.
It says on its website that its members fear aggression from other fans and want to feel safe during the tournament which will be held in Poland and neighboring Ukraine.
One match venue, the city of Gdansk, rejected the group's call - saying it would only further stigmatize gays

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:27 pm

It's all banter but there are clearly some with posts that have blatant homophobic suggestions. I just find all these Swansea posts embarrassing. We spend months every year saying how pathetic it is that they're obsessed with us and then there's the recent barrage of posts about Swansea on here? It's quite sad. Who cares what happened to Swansea fans? They were allocated a gay bar? So what? The fact there were some who turned up for a scrap is more embarrassing. It was a Wales game ffs. We should have been united.

People are more than welcome to say what they want but all these Swansea posts are doing are making this forum look like a joke. I've not posted in one of the topics because to be honest, bar the game, this weekend was insignificant. We're Cardiff City FC, not anti-Swansea City FC.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:33 pm

Don't take things too seriously, we are just pulling the piss out of the peg sellers, oh shit there I go again....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:38 pm

I couldn't care less what sort of bar they were sent to. If it were the other way around and City fans had been given a gay bar in Swansea, and the jacks started taking the piss out of us for it, I would just think the jacks were being very backwards and childish. I mean it is a bit playground really isn't it.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:44 pm

harold pinta wrote:I couldn't care less what sort of bar they were sent to. If it were the other way around and City fans had been given a gay bar in Swansea, and the jacks started taking the piss out of us for it, I would just think the jacks were being very backwards and childish. I mean it is a bit playground really isn't it.

YES BUT ITS f*cking QUALITY AINT IT ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:48 pm

If the boot was on the other foot we wouldn't hear the last of it

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:52 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:If the boot was on the other foot we wouldn't hear the last of it

That's right, we wouldn't. I'd like to think that in this neck of the woods we're a bit more sophisticated than the average jack though.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:11 pm

I have found some of the posts funny. And the reason is because it winds the Jacks up so much. Calling them something that you know will irritate them. Its like guys taking the piss out of their mates and calling them a woman. Its just banter. Being a woman, I've learned the difference between banter and sexism. Not all sexist comments are meant to be nasty, just said in jest. Just like the gay comments on here lately. Its a bit like calling Welsh people Taffy and Scottish people Jock. Its only when someones actions and words become aggressive towards a particular group that it can be deemed homophobic/racist etc.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:36 am

Look mate none of the jokes were directed at you personally so I can't see why you feel alienated unless you are one of these people who like being a sensitive attention seeker.

We all have crosses to bear, in my case I my weight is 27 stone (although I am on a diet and have lost a stone so far :oops: ) but I never take offence when references are made on this MB to players being 'fat bastards' or 'eaten all the pies'

Indeed a take any ribbing as a laugh and during our game with Norwich earlier this season we were all calling Grant Holt a 'fat b*stard' and he responded by pointing at me and saying 'you are having a laugh' to which everyone around me in the Ninian Stand pissed themselves laughing and I thought it was a brilliant bit of interaction and didn't take offence at all.

The fact is Swansea are our main rivals and that's a present sent from Heaven. They are just so f**king useless and everything their fans do turns from Gold to Shit. It is football culture that we will then take advantage any cock up and take the piss and if the circumstances were the other way around (think of swimming away) then they would do the same and long may that continue.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:43 am

I am really Gareth Thomas

No, not really :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:44 am

"YOU FAT b*stard"......"YOU FAT b*stard"............only joking,and you are right!! :old: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:28 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Look mate none of the jokes were directed at you personally so I can't see why you feel alienated unless you are one of these people who like being a sensitive attention seeker.

We all have crosses to bear, in my case I my weight is 27 stone (although I am on a diet and have lost a stone so far :oops: ) but I never take offence when references are made on this MB to players being 'fat bastards' or 'eaten all the pies'

Indeed a take any ribbing as a laugh and during our game with Norwich earlier this season we were all calling Grant Holt a 'fat b*stard' and he responded by pointing at me and saying 'you are having a laugh' to which everyone around me in the Ninian Stand pissed themselves laughing and I thought it was a brilliant bit of interaction and didn't take offence at all.

The fact is Swansea are our main rivals and that's a present sent from Heaven. They are just so f**king useless and everything their fans do turns from Gold to Shit. It is football culture that we will then take advantage any cock up and take the piss and if the circumstances were the other way around (think of swimming away) then they would do the same and long may that continue.

Well said Tony

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:44 am

Most gays do have attention seeking disorders - is that a homophobic remark ?? Tough

Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:13 pm

an outstanding post mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:42 pm

its a piss take, f**k em cant wait to take the piss

Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:44 pm

Grow a pair will you!!

Do you know what HUMOUR is...

My phone is forever getting texts ranging from jokes about Tsunami's to Madeline McCann.
From the disabled to Blacks, Asians, irish, gays, lesbians. Guess what... most of them make
me laugh. Some I cringe at, but most make me laugh. That does not mean I condone kiddy
fiddling, it doesnt mean im glad the Japanese got killed in their thousands etc etc... Oh, and
It doesnt mean i do not accept Gay people for what they are. I dont care. Nobody does lad.

Tell me... have you ever laughed at an irish joke?

Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:46 pm

:lol: :lol: the bit i highlighted is brillaint. Tony i will never forget after the play off final i was stood outside a kebab house and you got into a clio (maybe) along with 4 other healthily sized individuals :D i remeber talking you about it before and you saying it was one sweaty cramped drive back :lol:

Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:56 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Most gays do have attention seeking disorders - is that a homophobic remark ?? Tough

Gays being too afraid to come out because of potential backlash doesn't seem to me to be attention seeking.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:16 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:Most gays do have attention seeking disorders - is that a homophobic remark ?? Tough

Gays being too afraid to come out because of potential backlash doesn't seem to me to be attention seeking.

I'm going to cry in a minute.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:26 pm

taffyapple wrote:

FAGGOT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:35 pm

taffyapple wrote:

IF IF IF you read my other post in the topic, you'd see that I don't agree that it is homophobic AT ALL.

In that instance you have quoted, I'm merely saying that not all 'gays' are or possess 'attention seeking characteristics'. No need to bite my f*cking head off

Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:41 pm

Nothing wrong with being gay mate, just dont come onto me :lol:

No but seriously is getting boring now, and it takes some balls for you to come on here and post that, mucho respeto :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:50 pm

taffyapple wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Most gays do have attention seeking disorders - is that a homophobic remark ?? Tough

IF IF IF you read my other post in the topic, you'd see that I don't agree that it is homophobic AT ALL.

In that instance you have quoted, I'm merely saying that not all 'gays' are or possess 'attention seeking characteristics'. No need to bite my f*cking head off[/quote]

Your right. The lad behind the bar in my boozer is a shirt-lifter, sound as f**k he is.
When he heard about the Jacks in a Gay bar he said it was wrong, and that laws should
be passed to stop straight people drinking in Gay bars. We laughed and said 'what about
gay blokes working in straight pubs'... He said "we're taking over, get used to it!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its BANTER, HUMOUR!!!.... people like the lad who started this thread need to get over
themselves. Nobody cares. Do we see people protesting at Gay Pride against fudge packers?
Course not.... Nobody cares!

Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:15 pm

i could see roaths point at first but this reply then changed my mind :ayatollah: best reply to a post ive seen on here!

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:10 pm

being gay is against gods will and you will go to hell