Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MADE REDUNDANT TODAY....NEED A JOB

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:29 pm

hi guys ,any fellow bluebirds out there who can give me a job ....got told im being made redundant in 4 weeks...not good news at all got a mortgage,2 kids and im getting married in 4 months !!!!.....so as u can imagine this aint great ,missus is in bits and worrying ......need something soon as and anything guys ...im a warehouse supervisor at the moment but ive done admin jobs and retail .....so im begging you guys if you know anyone or anywhere thats needs some one please let me know........im 40 and my mail is dazz20@btinternet.com....blooobirds !

Re: MADE REDUNDANT TODAY....NEED A JOB

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:37 pm

ASK DAYO

Was supposed to be opening warehouse Newport Road ! :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:39 pm

im sure you will find something soon Chief as you don't sound the sort who will be out of work for long. Wasn't Daya doing a thread on finding a job or helping others finding a job ? Good luck !!

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:49 pm

cheers guys ,ill try ask him....i hate being out of work happened before and done my head in....just want to work

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:59 pm

Good luck mate

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:07 pm

cheers billy boy.......missus is devastated and worrying ,not nice at all.....only good thing was seeing my 2 little boys who put a smile on my face today.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:11 pm

d20 wrote:cheers billy boy.......missus is devastated and worrying ,not nice at all.....only good thing was seeing my 2 little boys who put a smile on my face today.

ill keep a ear out for you mate there i knw there was a place in caerphilly that was lookin for warehouse people ill try and find the name for you 2morrow :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:15 pm

thanks adam any help would be appreciated .

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:18 pm

Not sure where you live mate, but here's a few adverts with the job centre online:

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailj ... =NEP/80871

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailj ... CFB/171180

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailj ... CFB/170988

There's quite a few 'Warehouse' related jobs on there, so take a look and see what you can find!

Hope that help.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:27 pm

d20 wrote:cheers billy boy.......missus is devastated and worrying ,not nice at all.....only good thing was seeing my 2 little boys who put a smile on my face today.

d2 - enter cardiff warehouse jobs - into your web search mate :ayatollah:

There are a few on there to start you looking...Good Luck,hope tou find something :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:34 pm

d20 wrote:hi guys ,any fellow bluebirds out there who can give me a job ....got told im being made redundant in 4 weeks...not good news at all got a mortgage,2 kids and im getting married in 4 months !!!!.....so as u can imagine this aint great ,missus is in bits and worrying ......need something soon as and anything guys ...im a warehouse supervisor at the moment but ive done admin jobs and retail .....so im begging you guys if you know anyone or anywhere thats needs some one please let me know........im 40 and my mail is dazz20@btinternet.com....blooobirds !

Register with these guys we use them and it may keep the Wolves from the door:

http://www.abacus-recruitment.co.uk/

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:44 pm

cheers guys means a lot that your posting stuff.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:44 pm

Also, try these guys:

http://www.cardiffjobs.co.uk/browse-job ... uth-wales/

If you see something you like, ask to speak to Gareth or Jemin. Tell him I put you in contact (Paul Reed) and they should hopefully try and sort you out!

Nice one.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:51 pm

cheers pauly ...top man

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:26 am

My eldest boy has lost his job twice recently and it isn't easy finding new work, but it certainly is possible.

You have to use every tool possible including the internet, agencies and direct action in posting, Emailing or hand delivering speculative letters/CV’s.

In your case d2 I would do an internet search for all warehouses in South Wales. List the addresses and send them a CV but also include a one page covering letter informing them how much you love warehouse work and your experience would be a positive asset to their business.

It may take some time to work through and get replies but don't give up as it is amazing how things turn up if you are persistent enough.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:48 am

cheers guys,thanks for your support......be nice if city could get up automatic ,least something would cheer me up

Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:46 pm

Did you have any joy with any of these sites or contacts mate?

Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:56 am

yes ive looked at a few and sent off for 2 ,also found out i qualify for some funding to do somecourses so ill be looking into that to see what i can do,have to just keep looking,aplying and hopefully something will come up soon....cheers guys