Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CORKY HAVING A SLATING ON OTHER MESSAGE BOARD

Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:21 am

I find it strange that someone like Corky who from the start and even up to present day does more than most to help football fans in general to receive justice and fair play, yet he gets slated by people who do nothing more than criticize and point fingers of blame but play no active part in trying to solve the problems they feel that strongly about.

Is it laziness or cowardice than prevents them from playing a part in something they must feel so strongly about, but leave it to others to try and help. Sad really.

Re: CORKY HAVING A SLATING ON OTHER MESSAGE BOARD

Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:30 am

I think they get confused Gwyn, hiding behind their anonymity they can put what they want on a public message board without facing the consequences...they get mixed up and read into things to suit their own agendas....I do not support hooliganism or vandalism but I do support the fans rights to a fair trial and fair sentencing...not everyone is guilty believe it or not and some are made to do 12 months bans from the football whilst they await trial only to be found innocent...no recourse or compensation.

I am used to it now anyway...the ones that do nothing are always the most critical of people who try to do anything

Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:39 am

BigGwynram wrote:I find it strange that someone like Corky who from the start and even up to present day does more than most to help football fans in general to receive justice and fair play, yet he gets slated by people who do nothing more than criticize and point fingers of blame but play no active part in trying to solve the problems they feel that strongly about.

Is it laziness or cowardice than prevents them from playing a part in something they must feel so strongly about, but leave it to others to try and help. Sad really.

why don't you defend him over there, instead of bringing it to this forum?

Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:41 am

I started posting on Mikes MB when he first set it up and was great craic there for years, top bunch of posters and genuinely nice fellas. But the last 5 years or so it has just gone downhill, full of the spotty pumped up hormonal Rocky know it all. There are those older ones on there that get their kicks out of gaining respect from the pizzafaced brigade, its a sad indictment of the following of some City fans.

They may not be the brightest of posters here but atleast you can have that debate and craic without the shit and threats.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:52 am

RichardBluebird wrote:I started posting on Mikes MB when he first set it up and was great craic there for years, top bunch of posters and genuinely nice fellas. But the last 5 years or so it has just gone downhill, full of the spotty pumped up hormonal Rocky know it all. There are those older ones on there that get their kicks out of gaining respect from the pizzafaced brigade, its a sad indictment of the following of some City fans.

They may not be the brightest of posters here but atleast you can have that debate and craic without the shit and threats.

Well done Gwyn, you can put the bellows away now.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:10 am

Bollox to em

Corky is a decent bloke who puts his life into the club trying to do good, and who from my days travelling with the RAMS found very helpful.

Keep up the good work Corky :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:13 am

TotallyWired wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:I started posting on Mikes MB when he first set it up and was great craic there for years, top bunch of posters and genuinely nice fellas. But the last 5 years or so it has just gone downhill, full of the spotty pumped up hormonal Rocky know it all. There are those older ones on there that get their kicks out of gaining respect from the pizzafaced brigade, its a sad indictment of the following of some City fans.

Just a quick point out :lol: Im Richard, ok ;)

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:15 am

The guy slagging off corky is attention seeking, especially the photo stunt or prank. Very sad individual to go to those length's.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:33 am

cs_original wrote:Bollox to em

Corky is a decent bloke who puts his life into the club trying to do good, and who from my days travelling with the RAMS found very helpful.

Keep up the good work Corky :ayatollah:

I second that, f**k em Cork :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:34 am

Wiped off now,sod em corky

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:35 am

I dont think some of these muppets realise how passionate and loyal Corky is not just for CCFC fans but also in the Welsh set up also. He did a fantastic job with the rams the legacy of which lives on with many areas still running their own coaches. He stands up for supporters and nothing is to much trouble for him. Clearly all sensible fans appreciate and appluaud the work done. keep it up Corky boy :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:35 am

Is there that little to talk about your'e discussing discussions on another mb?

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:41 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
TotallyWired wrote:

Just a quick point out :lol: Im Richard, ok ;)

:laughing3:

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:16 pm

corky wrote:I think they get confused Gwyn, hiding behind their anonymity they can put what they want on a public message board without facing the consequences...they get mixed up and read into things to suit their own agendas....I do not support hooliganism or vandalism but I do support the fans rights to a fair trial and fair sentencing...not everyone is guilty believe it or not and some are made to do 12 months bans from the football whilst they await trial only to be found innocent...no recourse or compensation.

I am used to it now anyway...the ones that do nothing are always the most critical of people who try to do anything

only met you once corky,but thought you was a genuine fella and very east to approach!keep up the good work and hold your head up high mate :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:21 pm

Not really fair Gwyn, one or two havig a go, more are sticking up for the guy. I hate violence and what its done to our club, but while i dont know corky, he seems like a decent concerned dad, he's never condoned his son 's actions, just rightly condemned the severity of the punishment as many of us do.
If anything, corky has been honest about his disappointment at what his son did. Fair play to him, no critisism at all from this ccmber

Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:30 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I find it strange that someone like Corky who from the start and even up to present day does more than most to help football fans in general to receive justice and fair play, yet he gets slated by people who do nothing more than criticize and point fingers of blame but play no active part in trying to solve the problems they feel that strongly about.

From what I read it was just one or two people who got abusive Gwyn.They obviously don`t know Corky or appreciate the huge amount of work he has put into the club and the FSF over so many years. Others disagreed with Corky`s views (as is their right), but were at least polite and reasoned in their opinions. As far as I am concerned , whether I agree with his views on things or not (and mostly I do) Corky is a star whose opinions are important and should always be considered with respect.

Unfortunately there are always going to be a few on any messageboard who simply refuse to accept that an opinion other than one in agreement with their own is valid and immediately resort to abuse.Perhaps its because they don`t have the ability to enter into a reasoned debate. Luckily , the majority of posters don`t fall into that category.

Keith

Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:38 pm

I read them and it was the same old Names ALL HIDING BEHIND MADE UP NAMES.

All 32,Claude Blue/Boneo Stick. Sad group of Cowardly people.

Anyone who Knows Corky will know he has not got a bad bone in his body or not a bad word to say about anyone.

Mike Deleted it All :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:49 pm

To be fair Annis, even Claude was agreeing with corky that the sentances were harsh. Even those who might've come across as anti-corky weren't being abusive, unless i missed something later, it was a reasonable debate.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I read them and it was the same old Names ALL HIDING BEHIND MADE UP NAMES.

All 32,Claude Blue/Boneo Stick. Sad group of Cowardly people.

Anyone who Knows Corky will know he has not got a bad bone in his body or not a bad word to say about anyone.

Mike Deleted it All :ayatollah:

Well done Mike.

Corky, your spot on.

Annis, those three above you mentioned, do you think they have coffee perculated faces?

Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:05 pm

i am VERY anti-football violence and fans that post about it and talk about firms and all that bollox do my nut in! .... but even i couldnt believe the sentences handed out to cardiff fans in london, and corkys posts on the subject i read with interest. ... if one good thing good comes out of this and it acts as a future deterent against trouble at football games then it can only be a good thing, but those sentences should have gone to the chelsea fans who starting all the nonsense, middle aged men who should have grown up by now! .... as for corky i can remember talking to him a few years ago after i took part in a cardiff city 5k fun run and i found him to be a very nice bloke with a great knowledge and enthusiasm for cardiff city football club and proves it time and time again by getting involved with fan groups behind the scences ..... as for CSMM i honestly dont know why anyone from here looks on there cause its like reading "match" instead of "four four two"! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:09 pm

i love reading corky's updates about how the boys are holding up. he puts in a lot of effort, ive never liked the other message board. got permanantly banned after one post! some of the members on there are a bunch of jokers.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:26 pm

I don't read the other board so don't know whats been written, but rise above it Paul and ignore the children mate :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old:

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:27 pm

What gets my goat is certain people will simply slag off sections of our support but also take every chance they can to put down the efforts made by some to help fight the problems and improve our image.

I'd like to think I live in the real world, but some of the posters who have been mentioned must live in the vale of Glamorgan utopia along with their stepford wives and polite children who are in bed by 7 pm every night.They must watch Police camera action to see what goes on in the big nasty world that they catch glimpses of every now and then.

Believe it or not, football fans come from all walks of society and until society changes to mirror the lives of some of these Utopian posters it is a fact of life situations such as Chelsea will occur from time to time.
What I believe should have happened in Chelsea is the Police should have been far more switched on and done more preparation to limit the possibilities of any trouble starting in the first place.

A lot of the posters mentioned will condemn and criticise sections of our fans and even some amongst us who try to help, but other than point fingers and apportion blame, what do they do to help change things?

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:33 pm

Bollocks to them all, I don't know the guy, but reading all the hard work on this forum that Corky has been doing considering the personal circumstances is truely inspiring. He's a tribute to all Bluebirds! Keep up the good work fella. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:48 pm

BigGwynram wrote:What gets my goat is certain people will simply slag off sections of our support but also take every chance they can to put down the efforts made by some to help fight the problems and improve our image.

I'd like to think I live in the real world, but some of the posters who have been mentioned must live in the vale of Glamorgan utopia along with their stepford wives and polite children who are in bed by 7 pm every night.They must watch Police camera action to see what goes on in the big nasty world that they catch glimpses of every now and then.

Believe it or not, football fans come from all walks of society and until society changes to mirror the lives of some of these Utopian posters it is a fact of life situations such as Chelsea will occur from time to time.
What I believe should have happened in Chelsea is the Police should have been far more switched on and done more preparation to limit the possibilities of any trouble starting in the first place.

A lot of the posters mentioned will condemn and criticise sections of our fans and even some amongst us who try to help, but other than point fingers and apportion blame, what do they do to help change things?

exactly, i remember when a lot of people were moaning about the atmopshere and were trying to think of ideas to improve it and i remember you posting up a great idea that lots of people would like to see happen but might not possibly get the heads up from the club and some people just slagged you off and it really gets to me why people moan about certain things and when someone tries to bring up suggestions they get slated for it. im sure if you were down the pub with them and suggested a few ideas they wouldn't give the same reaction as they do on here!

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:58 pm

Some of the constant derogatory remarks aimed at this message board from certain posters on Mike’s board are tiresome. Mike’s board has a lot of decent posters, some of whom I have had the pleasure of meeting and having a pint with, yet some just seem so strive from insulting people who post on here without even knowing the individual.

I guess you just have to leave some of them to it, although I do find it a bit sad that they would rather insult other Cardiff fans instead of us all uniting and cheering on our team to promotion. Hopefully one day this will happen.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:06 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:Some of the constant derogatory remarks aimed at this message board from certain posters on Mike’s board are tiresome. Mike’s board has a lot of decent posters, some of whom I have had the pleasure of meeting and having a pint with, yet some just seem so strive from insulting people who post on here without even knowing the individual.

I guess you just have to leave some of them to it, although I do find it a bit sad that they would rather insult other Cardiff fans instead of us all uniting and cheering on our team to promotion. Hopefully one day this will happen.

agree, i understand what your saying, i wasn't slagging them off as such but i just seemed to dislike quite a number of members on there whereas on this forum i can't think of one person that ive had a problem with. there were some good posters on the other message board and seemed like top blokes just like on here but far too many kids(i know im 19 but you know what i mean :lol: ) and internet warriors.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:52 pm

It is pathetic how some people behave behind a keyboard-easy enough to slag someone off under a made up name.

Corky is a genuine bloke who has gone out of his way for me on a few occasions. His son has been unfairly puinished for a moment of madness. :evil:

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:35 pm

Gwyn, it is cowardice, plain and simple. Anyone and everyone could go up to Corky and have their say and he would hear them out no matter what their opinion. What Corky would never do is hide behind a fake name and throw cheap punches at someone. Unfortunately though this world is full of gutless cowards who find they can only interact in that way.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:36 pm

TH63 wrote:To be fair Annis, even Claude was agreeing with corky that the sentances were harsh. Even those who might've come across as anti-corky weren't being abusive, unless i missed something later, it was a reasonable debate.

Claude went for Corky thats why it was Deleted.