A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ben Steele and

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:02 pm

due diligence. ...
you got it wrong again boys

http://www.thisisguernsey.com/2010/01/1 ... ying-high/

Re: Ben Steele and

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:05 pm

A week old - things MAY have progressed from his murmurings today.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:12 pm

This man isnt a mug say he paid 40mil for us promotion = 60mil plus + a packed stadium. he would have a prem team for peanuts on todays market. ie man utd owe 700 mil. he would have a ground ,team with no debt. as long as he didnt spend on crazy wages i think we could survive in prem.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:13 pm

davdil wrote:due diligence. ...
you got it wrong again boys

http://www.thisisguernsey.com/2010/01/1 ... ying-high/

Did people?

You are aware that comment from Steele was made, errm, after people pointed out him ignoring due diligence in his Southampton bid?

We simply don't know.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:18 pm

True

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:28 pm

I just don't know how much this will benefit the club apart from in the short term which admittedly is quite important by the seems. the debt is not going to go away, it'll just be paid by him and then owed to him. Has he got enough to put money in to take us forward? No. He has already said (apparently) that investment will also have to come from elsewhere (Portsmouth anyone?). There is a chance that should this go through quick enough that he could spend money in Jan with a view to getting us up quick which would give a return on his investment but that being the case surely he couldn't then afford to push the boat out and invest to keep us there without further investment from elsewhere which would then lower his risk.
its a big if, to put everything on a quick promotion. If that fails we'd possibly be in the same boat this time next year. I hope the guy (or anyone else) can be the answer but in these times there is very few people out there who are prepared to risk so outside investment is hard to come by unless you have a product that is viable (i.e. man utd and there bonds issue which investors know is a brand that will sell regardless), we don't have that.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:03 pm

By the look of him i could imagine annis,s cock in his mouth :lol: