Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wickham and ramsey

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am

Reading today's sun and they saying ipswitch cannot hold onto wickham because he is a 15 million pound target for spurs... Which gets me wondering, what a massive mistake we made when we sold Ramsey for peanuts. Wickham ain't even that good, Ramsey will become a premier lge great!!!

Re: Wickham and ramsey

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:48 am

1) Strikers always go for more than midfielders.
2) Can discuss relative values all we like, however a player is only worth what buying sides offer / selling clubs accept. Ipswich aren't in the dire straits we were, hence can hold out for more money.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:12 am

Well put! If Ramsey had sayed longer with us it could have worked the other way and he may have been dragged down to the standards and bad habits of a championship team! Clubs want to get players as soon as they can to nurture and develop them into great players!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Reminds of joe ledley
joe ledley should have gone after the fa cup final when he was worth 7 million for me :)
but he went last summer when i dont think he was worth a million :?

If we kept ramsey it would have been a bigger gamble

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:51 pm

ramsey is dubbed as arsenals next captain aswell!!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:56 pm

Pinster25 wrote:Reminds of joe ledley
joe ledley should have gone after the fa cup final when he was worth 7 million for me :)
but he went last summer when i dont think he was worth a million :?

If we kept ramsey it would have been a bigger gamble

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Joe Ledley has never been worth £7m and never will be. I said last summer the best we could ever have hoped for was £4/5m and that two and a half years before. A million was about his value when he left, I genuinely believe that.

Wickham is worth nowhere near £15m, neither is Carroll worth £35m, but it's the old "ADD £15m IF THEY'RE ENGLISH" rule.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:26 pm

When Aaron was sold we needed the money to stop us going to the wall hence the lower fee. If your offered a bargain because someone is desperate for money do you say " no that's too low have this!!!!!"